US$55
Holiday Inn Melaka(Melaka)
US$50
US$46
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$55/night.

US$171
US$49
US$38
US$35
Priceline
All reviewsshared bathroomsingle roomtwo nightsair conditioningbackdoorkak35rmcons
Reviewed 15 September 2016 via mobile

Several years of frequenting mellacca, I've formed a habbit of first seeing the rooms and then taking them. It worked very well in this case. Oriental is well located, making several places walkable. The owner who is seldom around is kind and helpful. There is a nice lady looking after the place. The first room we checked into had a bug and then upon reporting it we we given an even nicer room with the river view. Now considering this room, a good air condition and the price of 60 myr. I found it very value. Sure there are cheaper places, but here the toilet was clean, hot water, shower gel, free bread and jam, free tea and coffee round the clock. A backdoor that gets you right on that beautiful riverside walk. Noise wasn't the issue at all. We had a very good sleep.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SinghGaurav
Reviewed 26 July 2016

We spent a couple of nights in Oriental Riverside Residence Guest House and we enjoy our stay ! Good price in the centre of Melaka. Our room was big with air conditioning and a big fan. Possibility to add extra mattress. Hotel provides two shared bathrooms and a shared kitchen. Perfect for budget-traveller!

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank kzx2000
Reviewed 23 January 2016 via mobile

The high rating of this guest house baffles me!

I arrived late in the evening but staff were waiting for me (We'd been in touch via phone after I arrived at the bus station.) That was nice as there is not a 24-hr reception. In fact, I'm not sure what time they arrive in the morning if at all. I was told by staff that someone would be available after 2pm, the owner later told me 4pm. If you have a problem or issue prior to check out, you can call if you have a local SIM.

As for my room, it wasn't much bigger than a closet with a window to the hall/corridor thus noisy w/guests walking back and forth to use the toilets or to go downstairs. Also the fan would blow the curtain which was an issue for me. I tried to tape it shut but without much luck. The walls are also paper-thin so I heard my neighbor's talking very early in the morning.

The biggest issue though was the fan - it was a rotating pedestal fan, not a ceiling fan. Although it was on high, the room was HOT!!! And it stunk of sweat or something, perhaps mine, but it was noticeable when I first arrived. Being late, I was too tired to seek out other options.

There are only two bathrooms both w/hand-held shower heads. It makes for a messy experience and the floors are always wet (No slippers allowed.) The sink pipes are merely tubes and not connected either.

At 40rm a night (35/weekday) I'd definitely find somewhere else to stay as I did the next morning. Unfortunately it was a Saturday and I didn't realize this was a VERY popular place to visit for KL residents. Book ahead or come on Sunday. You'll still get to experience the night market but it'll be much less crowded and noisy.

Stayed: January 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank Inasuitcase
Reviewed 15 January 2016

I have go to Oriental Riverside twice last year. On July and october.
It located on the side of Melacca River.
The receptionist, also as building operator, Mrs Titik was very nice.
The WiFi signal is good enough but just until the 2nd Floor.
There is no breakfast, but there is free drink and some biscuit in the kitchen which you can serve by ourselves.

Tips : Because it located near to river,don't forget to bring mosquito repellant, you can use the lotion or the electric one.

Room Tip: If you want to get bigger place with river view,you can choose the room on 3rd floor, but the WiFi Signal is not too good.
  • Stayed: July 2015, travelled solo
Reviewed 29 December 2015

i really like this place. we got a twin room from hostels.com as it was the only room available since it was holiday season and most of the other hostels are full. the room is just as expected for the price. two single beds, aircon and small table. no windows (as stated on our booking). the rooms on the next floor are more spacious with windows and nice view. you have to take note though that bathrooms are shared. one word that comes to mind is cleanliness. I love how clean the place is. from the front door to the bathroom. location is great, definitely works for me since I love to walk around town at night and early morning. the lady who welcomed as was very friendly. she is not around all the time so better ask her in advance how to contact her should you need her. but i think there is a note on the wall for contacts, I really can't remember. all in all, it was a very good stay and won't hesitate to book here again as I want to visit Melaka again.. ^_^

Room Tip: try to book the rooms on the upper floors since those are the rooms with view. and specify if you want the room with the river view..
  • Stayed: December 2015, travelled as a couple