Hotel Equatorial Melaka
US$40
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
US$57
Casa del Rio Melaka(Melaka)
US$148
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$175/night.

US$143
US$134
1,740 results
All reviewsclub roomequator clubpremier roomseri nyonyarest houseday bedjonker streetwithin walking distancenonya restaurantshopping mallswimming poolhigh floorcoffee househistorical sitesdataran pahlawanbaby cotconnecting rooms
Reviewed 18 May 2011

I booked this as part of my F&E tour package, and it turned out to be much better than I thought. The location is ideal compared to other hotels. We were on the deluxe room at the 12th floor and the view was spectacular, especially at sunset. I'm not sure if my room has been renovated (probably not yet), but it was spacious, with comfortable beds and more importantly clean. Unlike the previous reviews, I was notified of the renovation going on a few floors below from 9 - 5pm but we weren't affected. We were in the room some time during the period but did not hear anything (quite fortunately). Breakfast provided had a good variety and service was very friendly. The only downside is there isn't any free Wi-fi provided, but for compensation, they have cable TV :) It's also within walking distance to A'Famosa and other attractions and a short walk away to Jonker Street for good food - remember to try the Chendol and Nyonya pineapple tarts. I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank PoppyPotatoe
Reviewed 16 May 2011

We were surprised to find that the first few floors had retained an original old building. The hotel is undergoing some upgrading and we were disrupted due to this during the day, with alarms going off, lack of cold water and noise.

We had a club room which was on the corner of the building and had windows on both sides and two balconies. The room was spacious and pleasant.

The service was good and the club lounge served very good food.

Breakfast was very good with plenty of choices and the dessert selection better than most hotels.

The location was very good being right next to a large mall and near the historical sites.

The price for room service and the mini bar was reasonable.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank PegususPerth
Reviewed 15 May 2011

Stayed for a night here. The minute we got into the room, the racket of the renovation went on and on. We checked in with the intention of a restful day. However, with the noise, my toddler was unable to rest. Albeit the location is great, paying for a room to hear a man hammering away on your wall is not something I would call restful.

• Stayed: May 2011
2  Thank Ekmy
Reviewed 14 May 2011

I thought the Equatorial was a good base for a stay in Malacca. It was within walking distance of everything. We had a premier room which had a sea view and a day bed replacing what used to be a balcony. These rooms have recently been refurbished and were very tasteful. The staff were great as were all the people in the service industry that we met in Malaysia.
The pool area was lovely but the number of beds and sitting places seemed insufficient for a hotel of this size.
I thought that the breakfast in this hotel was the best of all the four hotels that we stayed in during our three week tour. I loved the chicken curry and the nasi lemak for breakfast and the array of fresh fruits.
There are a number of eating establishments within the hotel to suit all tastes and budgets. I must admit though that the Geographers cafe in Jonkers Street was my favourite place to eat and drink. Well placed for shopping and sightseeing I would stay here again if I returned to Malcca.
A previous revieiwer has mentioned the traffic and difficulty crossing some of the roads. This was a problem in KL as well. Not enough traffic lights, drivers don't stop at crossing places and pavements are very high in places. Everyone in Malaysia must have a car as traffic is constant.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank PrincessRobbo
Reviewed 30 April 2011

This is a respectable option for families. We had interconnecting rooms which were roomy enough (day beds in the window rather than balconies). We could fit an extra bed in one and a cot in the other without it feeling too claustrophobic. The food options in the hotel were ok (although we tried to eat out). Breakfast, despite being busy (Easter weekend), was run pretty efficiently. The pool is ok for a non-resort hotel and kept the kids happy in the afternoons. Only real downside was the location. It's on a very busy corner and crossing the road was a bit of a lottery each time. There is a half finished (stopped) condo/mall/hotel on the skyline from the hotel which doesn't exactly create a view to put in the brochures ! The general area is a bit 'shabby' but not unsafe in any way. Basically this area of Melaka could just do with a bit of 'micro' town planning (like road crossings, kerbstones, footpaths etc etc) - not to make it too sterile just to make things a bit more accessible.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family