"a 5-star international business class hotel" (quote from website) - but they don't provide toothbrush and toothpaste!
I had to highlight the toothpaste/brush because I'm so baffled that they are a 5-star int'l business class hotel but they don't provide basic bathroom amenities.
Anyway, we went to Malacca for a company trip. We stayed at Hotel Equatorial for 2 nights and 3 days. I would say it's a value for money. The hotel is generally okay, It's a bit old but good thing the location and service is excellent.
- The location is quite convenient. There are 2 nearby malls, it's quite near to Red House (the red painted church apparently that's what locals call it), Jonker Street is near as well. Choices for restaurants/eating places are aplenty. Almost everything is walking distance. I didn't really see any cabs/buses going around. There are trishaws if you're lazy to walk.
- The hotel itself is okay. I would say great because it seems like some of the areas of the hotel is a bit run down and the furnishing are just plain. I guess its an old hotel. But it's generally okay it doesn't have that wow factor.
- The room is clean not too small not too big. The bed is quite comfortable no complains.
- Excellent service. The hotel staff are friendly and warm. We had some problem with the stopped in the bathroom sink and we asked help from the reception. They came to our aid promptly.
- The breakfast buffet was surprisingly not bad. Choices are okay and the food itself is good i'd give it 4 out of 5.
- The hotel pool is quite big and clean. There was a sauna and jacuzzi as well. All are okay. They have a tennis court too.
- They do not provide toothbrush/paste so don't forget to bring your own!
- The shower head was not really that stable it was a bit loose and there's something with the flush. Like if you use it once, they it'll take some time for the water to be refilled? So the next one who's gonna flush will get a weak water flow? (I hope you guys got what I mean) They have to maintain their bathroom better to make sure everything is working well.
The ugly: None thank god. :D
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set in the heart of historical Melaka, Hotel Equatorial Melaka is a 5-star international business hotel with 496 elegantly furnished guestrooms and suites offering stunning views of the Straits of Melaka and St. Paul's Hill, whilst providing our guests the most luxurious comfort and service. It is ideally located within a few minutes' walk from historical sites and trails, shopping complexes, night spots, financial institutions as well as the ever famous Jonker's Street - a haven for antique collectors and bargain hunters. Featuring guestrooms ranging from the modest Deluxe room to the Presidential Suite, the hotel rooms are tastefully furnished along elegant and contemporary designs. Each room features an ensuite bathroom, and comes equipped with a flat-screen television, mini-refrigerator, coffee & tea making facilities, in-room personal safe, IDD telephone line, individually controlled air-conditioning, complimentary wireless internet access, hair dryer, cable channels and iron/ ironing board. Relax, take a swim, or simply keep in shape when you stay in Hotel Equatorial Melaka. Equinox Fitness Centre located on Level 3 offers state-of-the-art gym equipment and also includes a steam room, sauna, cold plunge pool and indoor Jacuzzi. Whereas, sun worshippers will appreciate a relaxing dip in the outdoor swimming pool located on Level 4, whilst the kids can enjoy the children's pool. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, Expedia, Agoda, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Equatorial Melaka reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.