US$55
US$43
US$33
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$40/night.

US$38
US$35
Priceline
Hotel Puri(Melaka)
US$52
US$49
1,768 results
All reviewsclub roomequator clubpremier roomseri nyonyaday bedrest housejonker streetwithin walking distanceshopping mallnonya restaurantswimming poolhigh floorcoffee housedataran pahlawanconnecting roomsbreakfast spreadservice staff
Reviewed 8 June 2012

Decent hotel in Melaka. Location wise its pretty convenient with the malls by the side.
Rooms are ok. You pay for what you get. i was there for a meeting for 3 nights. F&B was good. Service was pleasant. Hotel is getting old so you have to be ready for it! But overall, decent.

1  Thank leong34
Reviewed 7 June 2012

15 minutes away from Central Bus Station, the is considered to be quite a great location in compare with those i have been to that normally are 1 hour away from the arrival spot. Service is rather decent with a free snacks session at the interenational business corner from 5pm. We were staying at Deluxe city view suite which was quite spacious with 1 big living room and 1 bedroom. Classic design yet very clean and classy, welcome treat is a bowl of fruits and cookies which i enjoyed much. The only minus is the breakfast is quite Asian to me though it is claimed as Internationl one. Accross the street from the hotel are big malls (not really remember the name) where you can easily find local or internation mid-tier brands like Esprit, Mango, Nike....From the hotel you can also walk to the National Museum or Fort A area with beautiful hilltop churches, 20 mins away by walk to famous Jonker street.

All in all I would definitely recommend this hotel to my friends who love to come to workd-heritaged Melaka town.

Room Tip: Non-smoking Deluxe Suites are pretty awsome!! Quiet and the view to the city is great.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Trang P
Reviewed 5 June 2012

I would like to commend the staff for providing consistently better levels of service and thank the management and shareholders of the hotel for the constant upgrading of facilities. I was having breakfast and was just looking at the stewarding station for some coffee and the captain (a lady I wish I remembered) immediately approached me and asked if I needed something. The staff's attention to detail is excellent. I have almost always stayed at the equatorial club rooms and everytime I visit, I am always reminded why I always choose to stay at this hotel and the club rooms. I wish to specially mention your front desk staff at the club floor, Mary for her really friendly and helpful service. Always serving with a smile, I am really impressed with her thoughtfulness and her patience with my young children. I would be happy if you wish for me to write to any hotel review or testify of the wonderful service and facilities you have at your hotel. Thank you and please keep up with the excellent work. I have a little bit of insight into hotel management and I know it takes a lot of work and staff training to provide the levels of service they do so I just want to write to let you know that all their hard work is really bearing fruit. I have stayed with this hotel more than 70 occasions through the years and I will continue to come back and support the hard and fruitful work.

Room Tip: Stay in the Equatorial Meleka club rooms. Really excellent facilities and service
Reviewed 4 June 2012

Stayed at this hotel from 2-3rd Jun 2012 to attend a wedding dinner nearby.

Pillows and bed are good, rooms are cleaned, all toiletries are well provided except that no toothbrush and toothpaste provided for the guests as a 4 star hotel.

As for the save box, no instructions for us on how to operate it. In the end, we had to bring along our precious items along with us wherever we go.

On our day of arrival, there were some lift problem, we stayed on the 15th floor, and waited for at least 10 -15 mins for the lift to bring us to the lobby from the 15th floor, the 4 lifts simply just skipped our floor for no reasons, in the end we had to take a lift ride up in order for us to reach the lobby.

Will stay at this hotel again if were to visit Melaka next time.

Reviewed 2 June 2012

The Good:
1. Very good location as it is next door to the Dataran Pahlawan shopping centre and not far from the Mahkota Parade shopping centre. Walking the entire length of the Dataran Pahlawan shopping centre (in cool airconditioned comfort) brings you to the heart of Melaka Town (very near the Stadhyus) and Jonker Street.

2. Everything worked in our room - the lights, air conditoning (could actually be easily adjusted!), hot water etc . A lot of older Malaysian hotels tend to have one or two things going cranky in their rooms, so this was very much appreciated.

3. Front Office very kindly allowed us a free late check out till 2pm as our coach back to Singapore was at 2.30pm which was very much appreciated as it allowed us to go out for lunch and still have time for a refreshing shower before we checked out.

The Not So Good:
1. Breakfast at Hotel Equatorial Melaka was actually something I was looking forward to as I had enjoyed it very much in my previous stays. There was a huge variety of things to eat as in previous times, but the quality and taste of each item just did not hit the mark this time - the cakes were dry and tasteless, the fruit not ripe or sweet, the kaya not rich, the cooked dishes not outstanding. The guy cooking the eggs also looked like he did not like his job. Fortunately, we had a lovely young waiter on the second morning who was very efficient at topping up our coffee and clearing away the empty dishes. He was also very friendly and chatted with us about Melaka coffee when we asked him about it. He is an asset to your hotel and made breakfast more pleasant that morning.

Room Tip: Ask for a higher floor facing the back of the hotel (the pool side) as it has a better view
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends