1,798 results
All reviews club room equator club premier room seri nyonya day bed rest house jonker street within walking distance shopping mall nonya restaurant swimming pool high floor dataran pahlawan coffee house breakfast spread connecting rooms service staff
Reviewed 27 July 2017

Room: the room was nice. It was clean that I am impressed by how they clean it so well it looks like a new hotel. And they seem to know the local culture - I am a Muslim and the prayer mat was there with me to ask for it. I also got a nice view from the hotel. I guess one of the best features of the room is the TV. It's not a normal TV rather it has an operating system that allows you to watch a lot of movies ( if you are a good guy like me who stay alone for 6 days then this feature is good enough to prevent you from being a bad guy). I stayed in Hotel N, Hotel H and Hotel H I before and nothing beat experience of staying in the Equatorial.

Experience: The elevator was fast. The check in and check out was quick. The service was good.

Location: Less than 1 minute of walking to the nearest shopping mall ( and it is interconnected to the other 3 malls). 4 minute of walking to A Famosa. 9 minutes of walking to Jonker Street.

I defenitely will come again.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
Hotel_Equatorial_Mel, General Manager at Hotel Equatorial Melaka, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2017

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review.

I am glad that you have enjoyed your visit. We are indeed encourage by your review and we are pleased to hear that you have enjoyed the recently upgraded IPTV.

Thank you once again for your kind feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back to Hotel Equatorial Melaka.

Reviewed 23 July 2017

Hospitable staff. They acceded to our request as we had a total of six rooms booked.
They helped us by rooming us on the same floor just across each other as we had elderly people and children among us. Rooms are well maintained and a good spread for breakfast. Courteous waiters.

Room Tip: Standard rooms
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank HelenaB2552
Hotel_Equatorial_Mel, General Manager at Hotel Equatorial Melaka, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2017

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us.

Our sincerest appreciation for your feedback during your recent stay and I am delighted to read that you had an enjoyable stay with us. We are indeed encourage by your comments.

Reviewed 18 July 2017

We were here for a four day stay from 13th to 17th July 2017. As usual i booked the Equatorial Club room with its huge roof top terrace again. This is my eighth stay in this hotel over the years. Though the outside facade might look tired but once you entered the huge lobby it was a peaceful oasis. The services were as charming as ever.

The location is perfect. Jonker Street, which is my favourite place , is within a short walking distance. The numerous shops and restaurants nearby are an added bonus.You will be indeed spoil for choices.

We were impressed by the new club lounge. It was a nice place to have breakfast, late evening cocktail hours and even a drink after a night out. The views were magical from the ceiling high windows. The buffet spreads were adequate and of good quality.

Yes...... it is worth the extra payment for the club rooms. Not only they are bigger and nicer with a comfortable sofa and a charming room foyer, you can have access to the club lounge which is usually quiet and restful.

However there is two downsides to this hotel. The corridors were very dated and really have a moldy smell. This is something which i feel the management should look into seriously. This is not only noted by me but also from past numerous reviews. The second downside is the Sri Nyonya Restaurant. The staffs there, unlike the rest of the hotel, looked a little tired. Two of them were careless in pouring the soup and also in laying down the food that the spillage happened. No apologies were given. Perhaps they may require some refresher training again.

Well overall it was a very pleasant stay. Will i come back again here ....... DEFINITELY at the Equatorial Malacca.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
2  Thank adriakmelani
Hotel_Equatorial_Mel, General Manager at Hotel Equatorial Melaka, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2017

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback and sharing your experiences on our hotel's facilities and services during your recent stay. I am pleased that your recent stay experience met with your satisfaction albeit the slight shortfall.

I have shared your comments on the condition of the corridors with our Executive Housekeeper who has initiate thorough cleaning. I have also highlighted your comments on the spillage with our Food and Beverage Manager who has advised the staff to be more careful in the future and followed with re-training emphasizing on customer service.

We thank you once again for your continuous support and we look forward to welcoming you back to Hotel Equatorial Melaka.

Reviewed 13 July 2017 via mobile

Upon arrival at Hotel Equatorial, we can already sense the hospitality of Malacca. Every where we go, people are friendly and helpful. The city though has changed over the years with more shopping malls but the tradition and culture of Malacca are very much kept alive. The food, the people, and the culture - truly Malacca hospitality!

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Hotel_Equatorial_Mel, General Manager at Hotel Equatorial Melaka, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2017

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us.

Reviewed 5 July 2017

This hotel is an old hotel, but they still can maintain the conditions.
Lobby hotel is very bright and clean condition.
Receptions looks modern, and the service for check in/ out quite fast.
I order deluxe room, and they gave me the big deluxe room.
My daughter is very happy with the bath tub.
And we are very happy with the size of the room.

Breakfast is quite good, many choice, but nothing special for me.
It will be better, if they can make something difference/ special for the breakfast,
as signature dishes on this hotel.

1 thing that I would like to feed-back is regarding the room rates.
Previously in the Room Rates option, for 30 days Advance Purchase is RM 200 in February 2017.
But in March 2017, still for 30 days Advance Purchase, the Room Rates is chaged to RM 224.53.
Then on April 2017, is changed again to RM 297, for 30 days Advance Purchase.
For me this is confusing.
It will be better, if they separate the option, for example: 2 months Advance, 1 month Advance, etc.

Some area need to improve the cleaning condition.

But overall, I am quite satisfied with this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Hotel_Equatorial_Mel, General Manager at Hotel Equatorial Melaka, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2017

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review.

I am glad that you have enjoyed your visit and we are thrilled to have you staying with us again.

I am pleased that your recent stay experience met with your satisfaction albeit the slight shortfall. I have taken a serious view on your comments and I have shared your comments with my Team who has looked into immediate improvement.

Adrian Chung