1,812 results
All reviews club room equator club premier room day bed rest house jonker street within walking distance shopping mall nonya restaurant swimming pool high floor coffee house dataran pahlawan breakfast spread service staff connecting rooms no lift
Reviewed 30 July 2017

Established hotel with hospitable staff and good service. Buffet breakfast spread reasonable. Within walking distance to Pelawan and Mahkota Shopping Malls and near to Nyona Restaurants and many eateries. Good location.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Hotel_Equatorial_Mel, General Manager at Hotel Equatorial Melaka, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2017

Thank you for sharing your experience with us.

Our sincerest appreciation for your feedback during your recent stay and I am delighted to read that you had an enjoyable stay with us. We are indeed encourage by your comments.

Thank you once again for your kind feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back to Hotel Equatorial Melaka.

Reviewed 27 July 2017

Staff in various areas we encountered were courteous, friendly & efficient.
Special mention to the Equator Club floor Manager & Asst manager for their
efficiency, friendly & courteous manners. My friends were impressed with
the club rooms, the club lounge area & food variety & the staff too.
Will recommend more friends to stay at Equatorial!

Room Tip: Higher floors will be good.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
Hotel_Equatorial_Mel, General Manager at Hotel Equatorial Melaka, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2017

Thank you for sharing your experience with us.

I thank you for the special mention of our Equator Club Lounge staff, who certainly are exemplary to the department and we are proud to have him as part of our team. We have conveyed your kind words to the staff and I am certain he will be thrilled to learn that his efforts are noticed and appreciated.

Reviewed 27 July 2017

Room: the room was nice. It was clean that I am impressed by how they clean it so well it looks like a new hotel. And they seem to know the local culture - I am a Muslim and the prayer mat was there with me to ask for it. I also got a nice view from the hotel. I guess one of the best features of the room is the TV. It's not a normal TV rather it has an operating system that allows you to watch a lot of movies ( if you are a good guy like me who stay alone for 6 days then this feature is good enough to prevent you from being a bad guy). I stayed in Hotel N, Hotel H and Hotel H I before and nothing beat experience of staying in the Equatorial.

Experience: The elevator was fast. The check in and check out was quick. The service was good.

Location: Less than 1 minute of walking to the nearest shopping mall ( and it is interconnected to the other 3 malls). 4 minute of walking to A Famosa. 9 minutes of walking to Jonker Street.

I defenitely will come again.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review.

I am glad that you have enjoyed your visit. We are indeed encourage by your review and we are pleased to hear that you have enjoyed the recently upgraded IPTV.

Reviewed 23 July 2017

Hospitable staff. They acceded to our request as we had a total of six rooms booked.
They helped us by rooming us on the same floor just across each other as we had elderly people and children among us. Rooms are well maintained and a good spread for breakfast. Courteous waiters.

Room Tip: Standard rooms
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank HelenaB2552
Hotel_Equatorial_Mel, General Manager at Hotel Equatorial Melaka, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2017

Reviewed 18 July 2017

We were here for a four day stay from 13th to 17th July 2017. As usual i booked the Equatorial Club room with its huge roof top terrace again. This is my eighth stay in this hotel over the years. Though the outside facade might look tired but once you entered the huge lobby it was a peaceful oasis. The services were as charming as ever.

The location is perfect. Jonker Street, which is my favourite place , is within a short walking distance. The numerous shops and restaurants nearby are an added bonus.You will be indeed spoil for choices.

We were impressed by the new club lounge. It was a nice place to have breakfast, late evening cocktail hours and even a drink after a night out. The views were magical from the ceiling high windows. The buffet spreads were adequate and of good quality.

Yes...... it is worth the extra payment for the club rooms. Not only they are bigger and nicer with a comfortable sofa and a charming room foyer, you can have access to the club lounge which is usually quiet and restful.

However there is two downsides to this hotel. The corridors were very dated and really have a moldy smell. This is something which i feel the management should look into seriously. This is not only noted by me but also from past numerous reviews. The second downside is the Sri Nyonya Restaurant. The staffs there, unlike the rest of the hotel, looked a little tired. Two of them were careless in pouring the soup and also in laying down the food that the spillage happened. No apologies were given. Perhaps they may require some refresher training again.

Well overall it was a very pleasant stay. Will i come back again here ....... DEFINITELY at the Equatorial Malacca.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
2  Thank adriakmelani
Hotel_Equatorial_Mel, General Manager at Hotel Equatorial Melaka, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2017

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback and sharing your experiences on our hotel's facilities and services during your recent stay. I am pleased that your recent stay experience met with your satisfaction albeit the slight shortfall.

I have shared your comments on the condition of the corridors with our Executive Housekeeper who has initiate thorough cleaning. I have also highlighted your comments on the spillage with our Food and Beverage Manager who has advised the staff to be more careful in the future and followed with re-training emphasizing on customer service.

We thank you once again for your continuous support and we look forward to welcoming you back to Hotel Equatorial Melaka.