US$55
Agoda.com
US$47
US$37
1,768 results
All reviewsclub roomequator clubpremier roomseri nyonyaday bedrest housejonker streetwithin walking distanceshopping mallnonya restaurantswimming poolhigh floorcoffee housedataran pahlawanconnecting roomsbreakfast spreadservice staff
Reviewed 8 August 2017 via mobile

For those fitness enthusiast and spa user kindly take note that their facilities is always down with maintenance. In a year probably there is 52 times each in every week. No immediate repairs or when u ask them they will say under maintenance and there is no time frame when it will be fix. Kindly think twice before u pay a visit to this hotel

Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
Hotel_Equatorial_Mel, General Manager at Hotel Equatorial Melaka, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2017

Thank you for your review.

I have taken a serious view with regards to your experiences at our hotel and I sincerely apologize for the unsatisfactory services delivered which were not reflective of our usual standards. I have immediately addressed your comments with the Department Heads concerned for immediate corrective actions. I would also be grateful if you could write to me at habib@mel.equatorial.com to share with me further on your experiences.

I thank you again for your review and as mentioned, I take every guest’s feedback seriously with the intention of correcting and improving where we have fallen short.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed 7 August 2017 via mobile

Very nice hotel lobby and pools. Good location, 2-5minutes walk to few shopping malls and many restaurants/cafe.

Great receipting by the lobby staffs, helpful enough for good impression of the hotel. spacious and grand looks in the lobby.

Room is clean, good city view. However room bathroom should get renovated.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business

Thank you for your review.

For your information, we have recently embark on improvement works where our Club Lounge has been fully renovated, more improvements effort will be pursued in the coming months.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed 6 August 2017 via mobile

Stayed 5 nights in an Equatorial Club room. Pluses: The hotel was well located- walking distance from a number of the historical museums, shopping malls and night markets. The rooms were quite nice. Bed was very good. The staff in all areas were very friendly and always willing to try and help. The "happy hours" for Club members were well managed and a great way to spend a few hours each day. Minuses (minor): Carpet and some of the surrounds were a bit tired. Buffet breakfast on the ground floor was ok without standing out. It also can be a little chaotic when close to full.
All in all though, a quite enjoyable stay

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Hotel_Equatorial_Mel, General Manager at Hotel Equatorial Melaka, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2017

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback and sharing your experiences on our hotel's facilities and services during your recent stay. I am pleased that your recent stay experience met with your satisfaction albeit the slight shortfall.

I have shared your comments on the condition of the carpet and buffet breakfast with our Executive Housekeeper and Executive Chef who has initiate immediate corrective actions.

We thank you once again for your continuous support and we look forward to welcoming you back to Hotel Equatorial Melaka.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 4 August 2017 via mobile

Good standard of hotel in a good location, staff very polite and very helpful, stayed in the business suites where you have separate check in which feels more personal.. breakfast very Asian based but fresh omelettes and eggs are available. Rooms are very clean and a good size and very comfortable. Price very competitive and would definitely stay again.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us.

Our sincerest appreciation for your feedback during your recent stay and I am delighted to read that you had an enjoyable stay with us. We are indeed encourage by your comments.

Thank you once again for your kind feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back to Hotel Equatorial Melaka.

Reviewed 31 July 2017

I booked an executive suite in June 2017 staying there with my wife and daughter. I have stayed at this hotel a few times previously a few years ago for its location, friendly staff and and service. Whilst the service and staff were still good, unfortunately the hotel has deteriorated quite significantly. It is really badly in need of a refurbishment.
The hotel was badly maintained and on some floors where other family stayed leaked so badly that the carpets were constantly wet and smelled really awful. The club floor was good and the cocktail hours were fantastic . Unfortunately the hotel needs to be refurbished to attract me back again.

Room Tip: views to the straits is best and higher floors
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Hotel_Equatorial_Mel, General Manager at Hotel Equatorial Melaka, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2017