Hotel Equatorial Melaka
US$43
US$40
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
Casa del Rio Melaka(Melaka)
US$175
US$135
US$227
1,743 results
All reviewsclub roomequator clubpremier roomseri nyonyarest houseday bedjonker streetwithin walking distancenonya restaurantshopping mallswimming poolhigh floorcoffee househistorical sitesdataran pahlawanbaby cotconnecting rooms
Reviewed 8 September 2017 via mobile

What a nice cheap realaxing stay just another example of value in melaka. Club room which is something like a penthouse suite with 2 balconys private or public breakfast pools gyms ect clean and nice people and staff. For around 150 aussy dollars a night cant beat that. High recommendation. Hard to beat.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Hotel_Equatorial_Mel, General Manager at Hotel Equatorial Melaka, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2017

Thank you for sharing your experience with us.

Our sincerest appreciation for your feedback during your recent stay and I am delighted to read that you had an enjoyable stay with us. We are indeed encourage by your comments.

For your information, we have recently embark on improvement works where our Club Lounge has been fully renovated, more improvements effort will be pursued in the coming months.

Thank you once again for your kind feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back to Hotel Equatorial Melaka.

Reviewed 6 September 2017 via mobile

Stayed for 2 nights in 2 connected deluxe rooms. It was comfortable and spacious. The rooms have basic amenities and the mini bar is empty unless u request for a TOP up. So it's just an empty refrigerator which I placed all the drinks that I bought from the nearby supermarket. There is also a 24-hour restaurant in front of the hotel and MA Donald's is just a few steps away. The hotel seems dated but I see the effort in sprucing up the place. The staff is friendly and is always greeting u with a smile. The pool was not bad but I think the bar is no longer in operation. The floor is a bit slippery after the rain.

Overall, I'm satisfied with this hotel but it just needs a proper traffic crossing at the front of the hotel.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Hotel_Equatorial_Mel, General Manager at Hotel Equatorial Melaka, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2017

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review.

I am pleased that your recent stay experience met with your satisfaction albeit the slight shortfall. I have taken a serious view on your comments and I have shared your comments with my Team who has looked into immediate improvement.

Reviewed 6 September 2017 via mobile

Despite being one of the oldest hotel in the area. Equatorial serves a really good breakfast. The hotel room is quite spacious and amenities are quite well maintained even though i feel they should do a little refurbishing.

Nevertheless, cleanliness standards are there and it was a great stay with the jonker street just 5 mins walk away.

Stayed: December 2016, travelled solo

Reviewed 3 September 2017

The hotel is in a great position, only a 10 minute walk from Jonker Walk through the historic centre of the town, and surrounded by great shopping and lots of restaurants.

We would like to say that the staff at the hotel were great, friendly, helpful, efficient and made our stay enjoyable..we couldn't have asked for any more from them but for those people lucky enough to have stayed at the Equatorial Hotels in Saigon and Penang the Melaka version of the Equatorial may come as somewhat of a disappointment. We booked an Equator Club room and checked in there at the 21st floor.

The corridor leading to our room smelled a little fusty and there were visible signs of mold affecting the walls which was a little disconcerting. Our room was spacious and well equipped but did look a little tired. We were lucky enough to be given a corner room on the 20th floor with 2 balconies, one of which was large but not particularly appealing due to its scruffy appearance..if it had been spruced up a little like the patio outside the Equator Club Lounge we may have used it. The bathroom was huge and included a bath and double shower. The water coming from the taps was quite stained on first using both the sink and the bath but running these for a while soon cleared it and we had no further problems. The hotel offers a free movie on demand service and good wifi which we took advantage of during our stay.

The Hotel's new Equator Club is very nice and the staff there are just lovely...we would particularly like to mention the lady who made the lovely omelettes at breakfast..they were delicious. The remainder of the food was also good quality and tasted great. The problem we had with the Equator Lounge was that on the Hotel's website it states that the Equator Club serves cocktails between 5.30pm and 7.30pm for guests staying in Equator Club Rooms. This however was not the case as we were only offered beer and wine which are not cocktails. My wife particularly doesn't drink wine and is not a great fan of beer so she was particularly disappointed. At our previous stay in the Equatorial in Penang spirits with mixers (cocktails) were offered..so why not here ? I did message the Hotel to ask them to change the wording on their website to reflect the fact that they serve only beer and wine but as yet it still states that cocktails are served which will surely only lead to further negative comments.

The pool at the Hotel is very nice. It is one of the biggest and best sited that we saw in Melaka, however, it would benefit, again, from a little sprucing up. The area surrounding the pool is multi surfaced and quite slippery when wet. It would have been nice if the pool bar had been open for drinks and snacks during our stay but this wasn't the case.

Finally, the hotel arranged a taxi back to the airport for us and we do realise that 5.00am is very early but there was no concierge service available to make sure that we were in the right car ...again a little disconcerting.

Overall we think that the hotel could use a make over both inside and out and with the development of the new Melaka Gateway in progress they may lose their lovely staff to the amazing new hotels planned if they are not careful.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Hotel_Equatorial_Mel, General Manager at Hotel Equatorial Melaka, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2017

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review.

I have taken a serious view with regards to your experiences at our hotel and I sincerely apologize for the unsatisfactory services delivered which were not reflective of our usual standards. I have immediately addressed your comments with the Department Heads concerned for immediate corrective actions. I would also be grateful if you could write to me at habib@mel.equatorial.com to share with me further on your experiences.

I thank you again for your review and as mentioned, I take every guest’s feedback seriously with the intention of correcting and improving where we have fallen short.

We truly value your patronage and I look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed 2 September 2017 via mobile

This was a super last minute trip planned for the kids. I booked through Agoda on the morning of departure. Everything was confirmed and a booking ID was issued by Agoda.
The journey was quite long. Though there was not much of a jam at the checkpoints, the road to melaka city centre was congested. As a result we reached the hotel at abt 6pm, way longer than what we expected. My kids and I were hungry and tired after the long drive. To make matters worse, when we arrived at the hotel, it seems that our booking had not gone through despite having a booking ID!
Luckily, the front office manager, Samantha was very accommodating and helpful to this pregnant mommy. She helped to call agoda to check our booking and after we asked, even let us wait at the club lounge ( as we booked a club room). The club lounge seems to be newly renovated and is very impressive. Fortunately, everything was sorted out and we had our room. She even gave us a complimentary upgrade as she wanted our son to have his own bed! These are the small service gestures that I truly appreciate as a guest and because of this, I will definitely come back to hotel equatorial as a guest again!
My advice though to all is to book direct with the hotel if you are booking at the very very last minute. I f not, do call Agoda to check whether your booking has indeed been processed and sent to the hotel!

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family

Thank you for sharing your experience with us.

I thank you for the special mention of Samantha who certainly is exemplary to the department and we are proud to have her as part of our team. We have conveyed your kind words to the staff and I am certain she will be thrilled to learn that her effort is noticed and appreciated.