1,788 results
All reviewsclub roomequator clubpremier roomseri nyonyaday bedrest housejonker streetwithin walking distanceshopping mallnonya restaurantswimming poolhigh floordataran pahlawancoffee housebreakfast spreadconnecting roomsservice staff
Reviewed 14 September 2017

This hotel proved to be a good choice for an overnight stay in Melaka as it was in a very convenient location. Our Club room was spacious. It was on the 19th floor and having small terraces on two sides, benefitted from really good views of the city and the sea.
The bathroom was roomy and well equipped. The only downside was the fact that one of the electrical circuits in the room was faulty which meant that the hairdryer, kettle and television didn't work. We managed to find a socket that worked for the kettle, not so the hairdryer and TV despite the maintenance staff's best efforts. That said we were only there for one night and couldn't be bothered to change rooms. The young man on the Club reception desk was very apologetic and I think it was just one of those things! On a positive note the breakfast on offer in the Club lounge was very good indeed!

Room Tip: The higher the better for a good view!
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Hotel_Equatorial_Mel, General Manager at Hotel Equatorial Melaka, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2017

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review.

I am glad that you have enjoyed your visit.

I am pleased that your recent stay experience met with your satisfaction albeit the slight shortfall. I have taken a serious view on your comments and I have shared your comments with my Team who has looked into immediate improvement.

Thank you once again for your kind feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back to Hotel Equatorial Melaka.

Reviewed 14 September 2017 via mobile

The heartbeat of equatorial seems great. Good staff. Everyone greets the guests and this gives you a warm vibe. However facilities do seem a little old though well maintained. Maybe shower curtains could be cleaned or changed. We had a early check in and a premier room. We enjoyed our stay. Thanks!

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family

Thank you for sharing your experience with us.

Our sincerest appreciation for your feedback during your recent stay and I am delighted to read that you had an enjoyable stay with us. We are indeed encourage by your comments.

We have conveyed your kind words to the staff and I am certain they will be thrilled to learn that their efforts are noticed and appreciated.

Reviewed 9 September 2017

This is the n third stay at this hotel and the staff are extremely helpful and very polite. the Gym is OK but lacks certain equipment that should be standard in any gym like abb benches, chin up bar etc.

The hotel is located in the middle of Melaka and it easy to get around town and see some of the old town. It is well worth doing the river trip and a trip on the illuminated bikes. The food in Malaysia is always awesome especially the street food. That said the hotel restaurant was more expensive but the food was superb.

I always enjoy my time in Melaka and it is a lovely part of the world, and the Equatorial is well worth the visit. The cleanliness was excellent and the service is very good.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business

Thank you for sharing your experience with us.

Our sincerest appreciation for your feedback during your recent stay and I am glad that you have enjoyed your visit and we are thrilled to have you staying with us again.

We have taken note of your comment on our gym and we will have the equipment upgraded by stages.

Reviewed 8 September 2017 via mobile

What a nice cheap realaxing stay just another example of value in melaka. Club room which is something like a penthouse suite with 2 balconys private or public breakfast pools gyms ect clean and nice people and staff. For around 150 aussy dollars a night cant beat that. High recommendation. Hard to beat.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple

Thank you for sharing your experience with us.

For your information, we have recently embark on improvement works where our Club Lounge has been fully renovated, more improvements effort will be pursued in the coming months.

Reviewed 6 September 2017 via mobile

Stayed for 2 nights in 2 connected deluxe rooms. It was comfortable and spacious. The rooms have basic amenities and the mini bar is empty unless u request for a TOP up. So it's just an empty refrigerator which I placed all the drinks that I bought from the nearby supermarket. There is also a 24-hour restaurant in front of the hotel and MA Donald's is just a few steps away. The hotel seems dated but I see the effort in sprucing up the place. The staff is friendly and is always greeting u with a smile. The pool was not bad but I think the bar is no longer in operation. The floor is a bit slippery after the rain.

Overall, I'm satisfied with this hotel but it just needs a proper traffic crossing at the front of the hotel.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Hotel_Equatorial_Mel, General Manager at Hotel Equatorial Melaka, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2017

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review.