US$50
US$33
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$40/night.

US$64
US$58
  • Pool
US$48
US$46
Savings alert! 22% below average rates

The price you found is 22% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$59/night.

US$41
US$36
US$49
US$47
Priceline
Casa del Rio Melaka(Melaka)
Book now, pay at stay
US$212
1,287 results
All reviewshistory roomsmall museummini museumjonker streetquad roomhistoric hotelstandard roomperanakan houseno liftwithin walking distanceperanakan stylethird floornight marketjunior suiteantique furniturebreakfast is servedcommon areas
Reviewed 5 April 2012

Not a large hotel, which adds to the intimate feel of this good value Hotel. There are many surprises within the hotel itself! Historical and regional artifax festoon around the hotel give the feel of almost staying in a museum. There is a mixture of reactions from the staff, with some not too interested, and this is the only reason that I down-mark it from being excellent! I think this disinterest is a regional occurrence and is not too off-putting! The breakfasts offer good variety, and is offered as a buffet style. Rooms are well fitted out, with comfortable beds, and good facilities within the rooms, with en-suite being excellent! A lot of character in the hotel, the location results in some of the window views not offering the best views. It is located directly across from one of the most beautiful residences in Malaka. It is positioned well for access to near-bye places of interest. I enjoyed my stay here, a good base to access all the history of Malaka!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank WakeyonTour
Reviewed 4 April 2012

Melaka has transformed since my last visit and boutique hotels like this are one of the key reasons the city is definitely worth driving two hours from Kuala Lumpur for. (The food and shopping are the others.)

Puri, which means sanctuary, is on one of the world heritage city's oldest streets, formerly known as Heeren Street from the days of Dutch rule, The hotel is a thoughtful amalgamation of three historic `Peranakan' shop houses from the nineteenth century - redolent of the mixed Chinese-Malay culture of the time. Yet it has all mod cons, including free wi-fi and cable channels in your room in case you can't miss your football.

The staff were very helpful (I brought my parents, but note there are no lifts and the ground floor rooms have less character than the others) and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend a stay here.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 April 2012

We had a weekend here in deluxe double with balcony overlooking the lovely gardened courtyards. Loved the authentic Straits Chinese furniture and history. Breakfast included some Baba Nyona delights. Only issue with the breakfast was the bread. It was thin-sliced supermarket bread. The front desk was friendly and efficient. I loved that it was in the heart of the historic Chinatown district of Melaka.

Room Tip: Pay a little extra for a balcony room
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 April 2012

I suggested my friends to make this place our stay for the weekend trip and we never regretted my recommendation.

Yes, it is a little steep on the rates (considering the selection of backpacker inns just around every corner of Jonker Street) but this is worth your money if you have that extra cash to spend. You are in Malacca and no better way to add to that experience by staying the Peranakan style. The exterior looks old but in a good way. The interior is well maintained and the staff are friendly. Location is not right at the heart of Jonker Street as it's sitting quite further inside. But this is perfect for me because we can get the peace we want during day and night, away from the hustle and bustle of the street market. Plus we sure can burn off some of those extra calories from those extra cravings when you're in this gastronomic town! It's not that far of a walk anyways.

I particularly like the little alfresco gardens where we can just chill out and enjoy a few cold drinks on a hot day. During the night, it's nice and quiet too. The breakfast area is also an open space and the spread is decent. They serve continental breakfast as well as some local cuisines like nasi lemak and porridge. We did not have any problems with the rooms at all. Everything was in order and the view out the window sure perks up our morning.

For those who have never been to a Peranakan house before (like myself), this will provide for an interesting experience. I was surprised at how much space it houses on the inside when its exterior seems to suggest just the complete contrary. For those who have never seen a bird's nest (those expensive delicacies usually consumed by the Chinese people), you may check it out in the room behind the reception desk. These birds are out during the day but you can watch them sleep in the evening. Their nests, which look like small saucers, are sitting on the higher walls of the room.

In summary, I would definitely come back here to stay and would certainly recommend this place for families, friends and couples. Hope this helps.

Room Tip: There is no elevator service running. So be sure to ask for lower level rooms if you prefer so.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 April 2012

Clean, comfortable, spacious, quiet... I couldn't say much negativities in it
Though I'd say it is a bit pricey for what you get, the stay was more or less, hassle-free and satisfying!

The fact that it is in a bustling street adds plus points to it as it is in close proximity to many places ^^

They even had a good spread of choices in their breakfast buffet and not to mention, yummy food :)
It is a place to consider for me when I go back to Melaka again!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends