Free cancellation until 21/07
US$61
  • Pool
US$48
Savings alert! 27% below average rates

The price you found is 27% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$66/night.

Free cancellation until 24/07
Hotels.com
Free cancellation until 27/07
US$68
US$66
Casa del Rio Melaka(Melaka)
US$190
US$178
1,287 results
All reviewshistory roomsmall museummini museumjonker streetquad roomhistoric hotelstandard roomperanakan houseno liftwithin walking distanceperanakan stylethird floornight marketjunior suiteantique furniturebreakfast is servedcommon areas
Reviewed 30 May 2012

I am now lying on my bed in my room at Hotel Puri Melaka. It is in a restored 1822 home of rich Chinese businessman and philanthropist and is chock a block full of antiques and paintings and gardens and fountains and courtyards and marble and tiled reception and public areas. We are on the third floor in the more modern wing of the hotel, but the first floor public areas are like living in a museum and a spa and a botanical garden all rolled into one. The hotel is located right in the heart of this Unesco World Heritage City on one of the oldest streets in the settlement. At one time it was called Millionaire’s row and most of the old mansions are still standing and are being restored. There are restaurants, clubs, a night market, an area of shops that are reportedly an antique hunter’s dream come true, Chinese and Indian Temples, mosques, old forts, old churches, and old municipal buildings.

Our room is nice and clean, the bed is large and comfortable, the bathroom is clean and everything works. We even have a room safe and a minifridge and a kettle. Just like uptown! Breakfast is included.

I love this hotel. I love all the gorgeous interior courtyards and gardens, I love the swallows that have built nests in one of the museum rooms, I love all the old wooden shutters and the mosaic tiled floors. If you get a chance, check out the pictures. I was pleasantly surprised to find that the included breakfast was a very large buffet with lots of fresh fruit and yogurt (my favorite) and for those who wished, an omelet station, real coffee with real milk, fruit juices, a number of sweets and pastries, and a nice variety of western and local main dishes. Even better was the location in one of the beautiful courtyards. Each day we had a wonderful and relaxing breakfast.

4  Thank MissKimBliss
Reviewed 16 May 2012

I left my macbook pro charger in their room on 16th May, they called me up and offer me to mail my lost item back to my house in Kuala Lumpur.
Now THAT is service.

6  Thank jasonsheng
Reviewed 15 May 2012

This is a stunning old shop house which has been beautifully restored with lots of love...The taxi driver told us only white people stay here??/ so what maybe us white people have good taste!!! this hotel is exceptional...from the amazing brekky to the little swallows in the history room.We were told that the swallows return because of the harmony in the house and thats exactly how we felt too....in total harmony with the house...it is just lovely.
What a perfect place to stay in such a perfectly beautiful city as Melaka.
We expect to only stay here in the future if we are ever lucky enough to stay in Melaka again.
Is perfect in every way!!!!
We thought of upgrading after reading the reviews but our superior room was perfectly adequate and also extremely moderately priced....loved everything about it!!!

3  Thank love2cookandtravel
Reviewed 14 May 2012

The hotel is charming, although the front looks small, it goes back quite a way, with serveral garden courtyard areas. The ground floor has charm. The rooms are simple and plain and not decorated in the peranakan style. There was an empty fridge (a couple of bottles of water only) that we could put our fruit and own drinks into. Bathroom, basic but clean and looked reasonably new.
It's in a fantastic location as others have said. Breakfast was basic but enough, cereal, and an egg station. The were some noodles, sausages, fruit, and a few other things. There was freshly made Teh Tarik which made my day!
I would recommend this place as a clean, affordable and well positioned hotel. I was on a "girls trip" however if I had brought my husband I may choose somewhere else where the rooms have more atmosphere and decoration.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Orchidgurl
Reviewed 14 May 2012

We drove there up from Singapore so parking was quite needed, especially since the road it was situated at, was a 1-way street with parking on both sides.

A valet met us at the door, and quite quickly, whizzed the car into the next block a mere few minutes away, it's a closed door guarded car park so that was quite a comfort.

Check in was quick, and the hotel interior decor and service was slow paced, but not inefficient. THey got us checked in quite quickly, and its decor was quite relaxing, more of a pernankan feel. Lobby was un-air conditioned, but fans kept the place cool, chairs were available and the general feel was quite laid back. A bit of contradiction at the start of the paragraph, so to clarify, the service staff were relaxed, and hence, timing wise is slightly slower than another establishment, but when they got to you, you were their 100% focus, which got you in quickly even though there was a queue.

Room was clean, but features wise it's rather limited. Fridge wasn't cold, but not really a problem. Showers and facilities, were somewhat old, but functionary. Not really a problem as after all, it's a boutique hotel. Rooms were dimly lit, and view was overlooking a back alley. For the price, it was actually quite a worthwhile balance.

Location would be this hotel's key selling point, it really is just a few minutes (< 10 minutes for a leisurely pace) from the night markets and shop houses of Malaca fame. To the shopping mall, should you wish to go, a cab ride would cost under RM10. So all in all location-wise, it's pretty convenient for a centralized hotel without the noise.

Amenities wise, nothing really much, I don't remember any pool/gyps or stuff like that, so I can't comment there.

All in all, for the price of the hotel, it's location and spaciousness of rooms would more than suffice if you're planning to spend more time on the shopping strips. Otherwise, this may not be suitable as it's more of a clean room to rest, than a place to spend your entire day.

Room Tip: Try to book from Fri-Sun, as there are night markets along the streets on these nights. Rooms are pretty universal, so not much choice there. Go there with expectations of clean and spacious rooms and you'll be fine, expect a full 5 * full amentities hotel and you may well disappointed.
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family