All reviewsmelaka rivershared kitchenbath room isminute walktourist spotsa great stayriversidehostelaccommodationwifi
Reviewed 5 June 2017 via mobile

Clean and nice place to stay right next to the river. The jonker walk is 2min away. Stuff is really friendly and helpful. The rooms and the bathrooms are in good condition. A kitchen with gear is provided. cookies, coffee, tea, water is provided at any time. I was a bit unlucky as I slept at the site to the street. I wasn't able to close the window so I couldn't sleep all night. I told them to take care of it. Hope you will get a quiet night.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo
2  Thank Natalie S
Reviewed 2 May 2017 via mobile

The front desk was very pleasant when we came in. The rooms are definitely some of the nice rooms we've stayed in for under 40myr. Nice AC and a fan. The wifi really works in the rooms too.

The shared kitchen and tea includes as well as a very pretty common area over looking the river for sure makes this one of the prettier places we've stayed. It's also a 5 minute walk to all the main spots to visit.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Andrew J
River O, Owner at River One Residence, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2017

Thank you support. please come again..

Reviewed 11 April 2017 via mobile

We had a great stay here mainly for the place itself - amazing AC and fan, the comfiest bed, clean shower and nice sitting area.
The only downfall would be the owner didn't really make much effort, well didn't really say 2 words to us the whole time we were there, it was a bit weird.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank dcorn1
Reviewed 9 April 2017 via mobile

It's quite affordable for one night, felt like home as they have shared kitchen, refrigerator and more. You can rent bikes here too. But i hope the owner can be friendlier to both locals and foreigners.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
3  Thank Annisa B
Reviewed 6 April 2017

Today I was physically and verbally attacked by one of their customers who was high on drugs in front of the employee who found the whole situation amusing !!! The agressor was shouting in my face in Russian jumping around physically touching me, calling me crazy etc to the amusment of the employee. The employee and even the owner who I spoke to on the phone who also found the agressor's behaviour OK did nothing about it whatsmore their solution was to remove us not the agressor !! from the hotel as the other guy has stayed more nights than us!! The employee was not willing to answer my question why did he allow the other guy to be abusive towards me it seemed like for him and the boss it is OK to abuse women, he even dared to tap my shoulder while I was shouted at by the Russian guy. When I asked the employee why he is alowing drugs in his presmisses he said he cannot do anything about it !! he can only ask him to stop smoking - this is a joke !! everywherelse is written no drugs no abusive behaviour is allowed but obviously not at River One Residence So think twice if you want to stay in an expensive place where violant behaviour is highly promoted both by the employee and the owner. Plus there is no hot water !! for such a high price !!

Room Tip: no rooms with a riverview except with one room downstairs which looks like a prison cell No hot water!!
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled with friends