Lowest prices for your stay
US$43
US$36
PricelineUS$42
TravelocityUS$43
Trip.comUS$43
All reviews the river hard rock cafe jonker street walking distance limited parking space
Selected filters
Reviewed 23 May 2017

The hotel has only 2 levels. It is located beside the river, 3 minutes from Christ Church and 5 minutes walk from Jonkers Street, excellent location. It is also situated next to a busy street. The hotel staff are friendly and helpful.

My bedroom was at level 2, just beside the noisy street. There is not much of a view and noisy at night. My husband, who can usually sleep very well was awaken by the noise from the vehicles. The walls were not sound proof, I could hear my neighbour using the electricity socket.

The bed were clean and comfortable. As there was no shower screen, the whole bathroom got wet after the shower. The toilet seat was spoilt, only half of it was still attached to the toilet bowl. I saw something that looked like dried toilet paper on the floor at the corner of the shower.

Overall, I consider this a basic hotel for short stays. Request for a room facing the river for a better night sleep.

Room tip: Request for rooms facing the river to avoid the noise from the main road.
Date of stay: April 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 May 2017

This hotel was the noisiest hotel I have ever stayed in. Impossible to sleep. The walls were paper thin and both sides we had neighbours that kept playing music etc until early hours, plus street noise absolutely terrible.
We tried the TV to cover the noise but it glitched constantly; unable to watch.
There was hair in my sheets and blood on my towel.
The cord for the bedside lamp didn't reach the plug and the flex was repaired in electrical tape.
The blind was torn.
I would never recommend anyone stay at this hotel. Although the staff was nice we checked out early, unable to face a second night in the terrible, over-priced rooms.

Room tip: Definitely not the street side!
Date of stay: May 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 4 May 2017

The location is fantastic with river views and close to the historic attractions, shopping and restaurants. The restaurant part of the hotel is under going renovation but it is not a problem as the entry to the hotel is separate. It is very close to the Maritime museum, Jonker St Paul's church, Melaka River Park Cruise, Muzium Rakyat and another dozen of attractions. I also like the industrial design of the building, it resembles one of those wharf warehouse with an open plan lobby-reception area and high ceiling. My hubby loves the balcony but be aware that it is next to the board walk which is open to the public. It can get noisy specially in the morning and on Friday and Saturday nights. The room size is adequate but the shower-toilet in one is a bit small. Every thing gets wet once you use the shower and the floor don't dry quickly so you have to put up with a wet floor. If they made the shower-toilet another half a meter bigger it would have been adequate to put a shower curtain to fix this. The wifi signal is very poor and house keeping is not reliable. The breakfast can do a lot of improvement. I found the coffee very bitter and very limited food choice. The first day, there was plain fried rice, mini sausage (don't know if chicken, pork or beef), sweet cereals, milk (not sure if fresh or can), toast and jam, coffee and tea. The fried rice is very bland and the sausage a bit dry. We asked if there are eggs - none. The second day it was noodles (not sure if fried or out of the packet), we didn't bother and just had toast, jam, tea and coffee with no milk. The third day we just got coffee and tea and had breakfast in the balcony with our own bought bread. The hotel has a lot of potential and could be busier if not for the mediocre breakfast, wifi and regular house keeping. For the area, this hotel is good value and the staff very friendly.

Room tip: Rooms on the northeast or river side got balconies and river views.
Date of stay: March 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank sahaja1
Reviewed 17 April 2017

We stayed as a family in co-joined rooms on the top floor. I was surprised by the number of bad reviews as this place is great. Great location, clean & functional rooms and a great view from the balcony over the river. The staff were incredible. So helpful, informative and very friendly.
The wifi wasn't great but we don't travel just to use the wifi right!
We were travelling with three kids in their late teens and the staff enjoyed chatting to and singing with the kids. Well done Quayside team, you made our stay a memorable one.

Room tip: Stay on the top floor with a view of the river
Date of stay: December 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank Cheryljxx
Reviewed 6 April 2017 via mobile

Great location with reasonable price. Near tourist attractions like Jonker street, Christ Church, Hard Rock, River Cruise, etc. Good view of the river. Hotel staff is very friendly and nice. Not for the fussy travellers though. The room is small, sheets and towels are old, no shower curtain/divider in the bathroom, pillows are bad quality, toilet seat is broken, and the worst part, you can hear the sound from adjacent rooms. Will I go back to this hotel? Yes, it's in a great location with reasonable price and very friendly staff.

Date of stay: April 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple