Lowest prices for your stay
US$28
US$19
TravelocityUS$28
Orbitz.comUS$28
Trip.comUS$19
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 28 December 2012

I came with 5 adults & 2 children. So I booked the family suite and it was fabulous. The bed and rooms were comfy and adequate. There were 2 toilets to accommodate us. Iron & ironing board available upon request. There was not much choices for breakfast as the buffet had a small spread. But the food was ok. Staff were friendly. My family was caught in a jam for 1.5 hrs and the reception staff held our room for us even though there were many walk-in guests. A great experience, wouldn't mind coming back.

Room tip: They hv variety types of rooms that is recommendable for big families.
Date of stay: December 2012
Reviewed 27 October 2012

Hotel location is what drives business to it. Property is something that can be seen as a grandieuse. It is svery old but triggers that authentic experience. Rooms are small and was told that I have been given a Deluxe room i.e. two categories above standard ones and better than a superior. Needless to say I cannot imagine what those two lower room types can be. Shampoo and two soap bars are provided. Water and any other amenities are not available. There is no bath tub but the bathrooms are nicer than the rooms. In Europe some would pay more for such an old property turned into a hotel but it requires a good management to get there. I would rather stay at Renaissance next time as it won't be that much of a price difference...

Room tip: have a deluxe as other categories are really small.
Date of stay: October 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank SHADIADNAN
Reviewed 21 August 2012

Got a reasonable rate on room.....room was clean but no view.bed was comfortable and bathroom was big but no bathtub, hot water was really hot to start with but got colder and colder in less than 5 minutes.interiors of room could do with an up grade as we had a broken table lamp and broken deco. Breakfast 3/10 caters to local rather that tourist. Front desk staff could be a lot more courteous and well versed with surrounding facilities like where is the nearest hair salon. Staff should be trained to speak in English too as I had to send back my 'scrambled eggs' three times before the 'cook' got it right. For a night stay it was o.k as we were out sightseeing and only back at hotel for shower and sleep.

Date of stay: July 2012
Reviewed 17 June 2012

We booked at last minute for a deluxe room. The room was spacious and bed was ok. However, the bathroom was not really cleaned and no bathtub. The room was also not sound-proof, and we could hear what happening out there especially at night. But, it wasn't that bad until disturbed our sleep. No swimming pool (I do not know where the word "resort" comes from). The good point about this hotel was its location. We could walk to historical place, jonker street and Dataran Pahlawan (for shopping) whithin walking distance. There was few restaurant nearby and the food was not bad. A little bit of information, if you would like to go to Jonker street from the hotel, you could pass through the small port (to go to Indonesian) and then follow the quayside to Red House. It saved lots of time and energy. The bad point was the breakfast: local nasi lemak, sausage and fried mee, bread and porridge. And they tasted very bad (my son spitted them out). We had our breakfast outside. As conclusion, because we paid RM217 for the room, it was not worth it for a 2 star hotel (my own rating) with lousy food.

Date of stay: June 2012
3  Thank Teikhin
Reviewed 17 June 2012

I just don't want to say much and I am sure whoever stays there...is either they don't get any rooms as the entire Melaka town is full or they are new in the hotel scene.

Receptionist attitude was way to arrogant. Rooms are dirty. Rates are way expensive for a Melaka hotel standard!!! No hot water...and the faces of the staff is like they were all rejected staff by other hotels.

I would never recommend anyone to stay there...worse hotel...lower than a guest house category...

Date of stay: June 2012