All reviews sofa bed spacious room poolside suite oak restaurant salt water swimming pool jonker street pool side the river night view executive floor small kitchen dining table free shuttle breakfast spread kids pool long queue city view
Reviewed 31 August 2016 via mobile

When we first booked the hotel, we had the vibe that the hotel is resort like; from the photos we've seen. The staff there were helpful and they have a good breakfast spread. The room is huge - almost like a studio apartment. The swimming pool size is small but ample. We would love to book the poolside room next time. Will definitely come back.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 August 2016 via mobile

Just stay 1 night and booked through agoda. Stayed at 28th flooe facing the river. I would prefer to stay other room like the room with balcony and attached pool but unavailable in agoda app. Food just nice, our room was spacious and complete and we enjoy our stay. Dont forget to relax on 8th floor by the pool.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 August 2016

One of my family favorite hotel stays ever.

It is well situated away from the hustle and bustle of the city, the hotel was still well maintained after they opened their door for a year. The spacious, bright and comfy bed in the room, still among the best compared to other hotels we ever stayed before.

Their service is not just professional, but heartfelt and sincere. Great to see most of the staffs, familiar faces still working there during our last two visits, every single staff greets you with a smile and assists you with open heart. This is a sign of good leadership, success from the management team. Kudos!

Thank you very much!

• Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank fOODSLOVEr668
Reviewed 26 August 2016

A Great Hotel with Exceptional service personnel.
Conveniently located with Spacious & Comfortable rooms.
Bufeet spread offers an Extensive amd Delicious variety of food.
We definitely will Come Back on future trips to Malacca.

Reviewed 26 August 2016

The hotel is not in the heart of the old town and is a little outside the city - location wise is quite OK as there are nearby food places which is within short walking distances ( I would venture within around the 4 km radius ) - and there are some stalls and a hawker center right across the street - so yes for those late night supper eaters - no worries .

This is a fairly new high rise hotel , modern and big rooms - I was assigned room 1812 ( this is a NO SMOKING HOTEL - so no worries about stale cigarette smells ) - the rooms are huge - a very comfortable KING SIZE BED - with a nice view of the Malacca River and Kmapong Morten - not facing the main road or the opposite PRUDENTIAL Building - There was no bath tub but the choice of Rain shower or normal hand held shower ( good water temperature control ) - the toileteries are of good standard and towels are nice and thick .

There is a wall kitchen style cabinet , table top and sink + a dinning table to boot but well there are no hot stoves and no way you can cook - the windows cannot be opened so there will not be a way to let out the smells of cooking .

Big wall mounted TV - but it cannot swivel and so if you are sitting on the sofa - the view of the TV is blocked by a side screen that separates the bed from the sofa area - I am tempted to say that the TV has not much selection - except for the usual local channels - you have BBC anf FOX sports - I suggest they put in more choices like AXN / Discovery Channel and National Geographics to kill the monotony .

The bed mattress and pillows are clean and comfortable - the curtains are pretty well light proof so you should have a good rest in peace and quiet although I found the noise insulation a bit poor especially when some inconsiderate guest come back in the early hours of the morning and insist on having a running loud conversation in the corridor .

I like the tiled floor rather than carpets which are hard to maintain in this tropical climate - the tiles the housekeeping staff can just mop and is clean .

The air conditioning is very cool and in fact cold and one really needs to figure out how to work the panel - I have suggested to the management to have a summary / instruction sheet in the room explaining how to work this air con control panel .

The check in staff and Conceirge - in fact all the staff are very friendly and courteous and I am quite impress with the service level - the lobby though can be considered a little tight in space if a couple of tour groups showed up at the same time . This also will show up during Breakfast service at the Coffee House ( The OAK ) in the morning - the cooking staff at the egg station and wait staff are overwhelmed . But they do try to keep calm and composed and carry on - good job but really I think the poor folks are stressed .

A nice touch is the availablility of free shuttle run from hotel to Jonkers street area and Dataran Palawan Mall - on week days they run only four times a day - with first departure at 1200 hours / 1500 hours / 1800 hours and thence 2100 hours - it is a small 10 seater coach so reservation are neccessary - I would have like to see an on request service available at say 1000 hours on week days added - as on weekends they do have an additional 1000 hours service run- the driver that drove the service is a very courteous and happy person and drives safe too.

Public transport in Melaka is extremely poor and the taxi drivers - to put it in simple language are rip offs - you practically have to bargain the fares - I dont think they have heard of taxi meters or even have them so if you are a foreigner - I am tempted to say that you are fair game to be cheated for exorbitant fares .

The hotel has a nice swimming pool at the 8th floor with a nice place to hang out too for high tea and drinks .

The car park is free for guests and your key card is also your car park ticket - so make sure you have it at all times - ( I would suggest that you ask for two key cards mainly so that you can keep one in the room at the key slot to keep the power on so that you can have airconditioning and lights when you return at night if nothing in the lot then the electrics are cut . ) Be well aware that some car parks on level 2B are reserve lots for long term car park customers and the sign is hung way too high for one to see - nothing at eye level to indicate otherwise - I was called at about 2100 hours or there abouts to shift my car - as I had unwittingly parked in one of the slots - it would have been most helpful that during check in that customers are told to note of the " reserved slots " .

All in all I would say that this PINES hotel is a well runned place by a very dedicated group of staff that seems to want the hotel to succeed - I personally think that the senior management has a lot to do with this situation so yes do keep this up and keep improving . I certainly recommend that people stay in this hotel especially if you do not need to be in the middle of town .

Room tip: I would suggest you ask for higher floor rooms with the view facing Kampong morton and the River -
  • Trip type: Travelled solo