All reviews sofa bed spacious room poolside suite oak restaurant salt water swimming pool the river jonker street pool side night view executive floor dining table small kitchen city view free shuttle the hotel offers breakfast spread shuttle service
Reviewed 6 November 2016 via mobile

I had two nights at The Pines for a work trip. I was upgraded to the Executive floor. The room was a good size, the bathroom was excellent with a very large bath.
The air conditioning was difficult to use otherwise all good
No place to hold a business meeting for the team, no one could find the key to open the cafe on the 8th floor!

Stayed: November 2016, travelled on business
DayangHaslinda, Deputy General Manager - Rooms at The Pines Melaka, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2016

Dear 767Crusader,

Thank you for staying with us during your recent trip to Melaka. We are glad that the facilities have met your expectation but sadly we missed the mark by not exceeding it. We have taken note of your comments and will review our current process for better improvement. We certainly look forward to welcoming you back to The Pines Melaka in the near future.

Reviewed 5 November 2016

We stayed here From Thursday 3rd November to Saturday. The car park has ample parking space for my serena. the lobby has a nice calming smell. The room is huge and clean. We can see the Melaka river from our room. The kids love the swimming pool and kids playing area at level 8. You need the room access card to go there. Great scenery from up here. The staff is polite & helpful. We did experience an unpleasant event at the first night when the fire alarm went off at 1.00 am for 20 minutes. I have to carry down my 4 years old son down from level 17 down to ground level and it was quite an exercise late night. No apology from the manager. There is a few shops selling food in the next building across the hotel which is delicious. There is also a famous Roti John Restaurant nearby just after the court building. You can hire bicycle from the hotel RM4.00 per hour. During weekends, it is cheaper to buy the cruise ticket from the hotel. Overall we enjoyed our stay at the pines.

Room Tip: Higher levels for better view
  • Stayed: November 2016, travelled with family

Dear ahmad_adam99,

Thank you for your kind review. Our sincere apology for the inconvenience caused that you encountered during the stay with regards to the triggered alarm. This matter has been looked into seriously specially in reviewing our current process. Despite on this issue, we are glad that our hotel location, facilities and services have met your expectations. We certainly look forward to welcoming you and your family back to The Pines Melaka in the near future.

Reviewed 2 November 2016

check in and check out was good. rooms superb.swimming pool good.

hotel is excellent for couples,family,bueinsss and all.

breakfast was nice..no complains...

you can buy melaka river cruise ticket from here......its cheaper.....

Room Tip: choose the higher floor
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family
DayangHaslinda, Deputy General Manager - Rooms at The Pines Melaka, responded to this reviewResponded 4 November 2016

Dear SreeKutty2016,

We are glad that the hotel services and facilities have met your expectation and we are very much appreciated with your positive feedback. Thank you once again for your review and look forward to welcoming you back to The Pines Melaka in the future.

Dayang Haslinda
Deputy General Manager - Rooms

Reviewed 2 November 2016

Before I went to stay at this hotel, there was some unhappy experience with their customer service thru email comunications. I request to have 2 double bed rooms and one twin rooms. However their staff revert to me with a very general reply mentioned that "subject to room availability upon arrival" (for twice of their reply). This reply was very disappointed to me as I no see any effort and sincerity from their customer service. It just like an auto-reply message.

* They ignore my email after i request connecting bed room even after I sent a friendly reminder to them. This is not a right email etiquette for a hotel customer service. Need improvement.

Fortunately, they managed to arrange 2 double bed room for me, and with connecting room. I appreciate for their arrangement and I believe they had put in much effort to meet customer standard.

Overall my staying experience is good. I was staying in Executive Room, 25th floor. Rooms are spacious. High ceiling. Clean and neat.

Breakfast quality need to improve. The food was serving cold, less variety of choices.

Room Tip: You may choose side pool room at 7th level. try to avoid book at 8th floor as it will be quite noisy.
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family

Dear ilovetravel882016,

Thank you for staying with us during your previous visit to Melaka. We have taken note of your comments to relook at the issues encountered and to review our current process. We certainly look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel soon.

Dayang Haslinda - Deputy General Manager - Rooms

Reviewed 2 November 2016 via mobile

We checked in on the 24 Oct for 3nights around 2.45pm after being informed by the counter staff our poolside room is ready. After settled down with all our belongings as usual we login to the password given by the counter staff earlier. All are perfectly fine well able to login to internet. Around 5pm we were out till about 9.30pm. While in the room our WiFi seems not able to login totally. After much rebooting still failed . Husband went down to the counter and told them about the problem. Was told that there's no problem with the internet connection and nvr received any guest complaint and request us to try rebooting again. But since it's already so late in the night we call it a day . Same issue occurred this morning. After breakfast, told the counter staff the problem we are facing since yesterday night. They seems to repeat the same thing try rebooting. Hello, how many times must we do this. We request for an IT who expertise with this problem. The IT staff came after his meeting approximately 10:50am till 13:20hrs still not able to rectify the problem even I did mention to the IT staff if we could check in other room but was been informed that all the password are the same so no point exchange room. This is very bad. We are here to try the new hotel of urs and furthermore it's my husband birthday today cum our wedding anniversary thus this is what we encounter. Totally disappointed and sadly we have to scoot for another hotel. For your info the hotel dont even offer transport as apology at all. We are booked with agoda.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
4  Thank rozlinda

Dear Rozlinda,

Thank you for your review and we are very much appreciate with your feedback but sadly we missed the mark by not exceeding it. We have taken your comments to relook at the issues encountered and will review our current processes. Thank you once again.

Dayang Haslinda