“Awesome place”

Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Takeout
Reviewed 26 November 2017

The restaurant is centrally located near the tourist area. We tried string hoppers, rava dosai and masala tea. The staff member was extremely courteous and the service was pretty quick.

Quality of the food was excellent and our first experience was pleasant.

Reviewed 11 November 2017 via mobile

We visited for tandoori and cheese Nan. Tandoori came first, quite small bit looked really good and great taste. Green sauce was quite watery. Then naan came, plain Nan! When I had asked for cheese Nan. I returned it back and then cheese naan came with just little cheese in center. Staff didn't even bother to take order but when we were going to pay, he was looking inside my shopping bag exploring my stuff with his eyes which was really rude and creepy!

Reviewed 4 November 2017 via mobile

Im indonesian, who loves to eat rice at morning.

And Selvam has a good Nasi Lemak, with boiled egg as topping and covered with banana leaf.

Ordered hot Teh Tarik as beverages gives a good combination.

Breakfast at Selvam makes a good start for a day.

Thank zulfirman erosw... S
Reviewed 3 November 2017

I have eaten at the Selvam restaurant many times and always had excellent food. Today however, I decided to treat myself to the Friday Special - 11 curries plus rice served on a banana leaf. The meal included a small cup of soup, a cup of buttermilk and a small sweet for a desert.
The waiter was delivering the cups of soup and milk to everybody else but kept avoiding me, even when I directly asked him for mine twice.
I questioned this at the cash register to be told first that they had no soup or buttermilk. I pointed to the tables. OK, but you ordered a different meal. I pointed to the menu.
And then THE BEST excuse... Westerners don't take them because they don't like Indian food!
Excuse me!?! I had just hoovered up 11 types of the most delicious Indian curries.
And then the lady realised what she had said and laughed.
I did have a great meal but maybe some of the staff should change their attitude and be a bit more respecful to their customers

1  Thank Jane C
Reviewed 12 October 2017 via mobile

Incredible delicious food. If you like it spicy order the chicken in the red sauce (forgot the name) omg, it's a miracle!! Also the vegetables and the different free sauces are crazy good. And don't forget a lassi for the spiciness. Place looks weird but is 100 % worth a visit.