“Gyro!”

Mediterranean Sandwich Co.
Ranked #5 of 685 Restaurants in Mobile
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: After-hours
Description: http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Mediterranean-Sandwich-Co/296966401183?v=wall
Reviewed 31 July 2017 via mobile

I love a good gyro. These guys have one. Really enjoyed the lunch. It's pretty much some stools and a walk up counter but the best ones seem to be!

Reviewed 23 July 2017 via mobile

Very authentic and well prepared. They also have other locations that are equally good, but I believe this is the original. Their soups and salads are home made and equally good.

Reviewed 18 July 2017 via mobile

I came in on a TUE & was able to order quickly & grab a table. I ordered The Gyro combo, chose the Beef Lentil Soup as a side. It was served up piping hot & freshly made. The gyro was over-stuffed (making it a little difficult to stuff in your pie hole) and very tasty. The soup came in a cup size & was very good as well. The total w/ tax was $11 + change.
I would come here again for a pretty good gyro.

Reviewed 15 July 2017

Great little restaurant tucked into the entertainment district on Dauphin Street. Great for grabbing something on the run or to sit down for a quick meal.

Has all of the Authentic sandwiches of a Mediterranean restaurant, but has some very unique items on its menu.

I had the Redneck Gyro. A combination of a Gryo with more spicy sauce and Conecuh Sausage added to it. Very good.

I highly recommend you take the time to find this restaurant when your downtown Mobile.

Reviewed 13 July 2017 via mobile

I ordered a Greek grilled cheese with creamy spinach bacon orzo. The grilled cheese (feta plus 2 other cheeses and sauce with tomato & lettuce on pita) was delicious! I didn't expect the orzo to top that, but, oh my! I could have cried from sheer delight! A piece of baklava rounded out the best meal I have had during this stay in Mobile (and we have been to several pricey and prominent seafood restaurants).