“Personalized Service”

Abbas Medeteranian
Ranked #277 of 698 Restaurants in Mobile
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Reviewed 29 April 2017 via mobile

The other reviewers cite the best lunch and baklava and they are correct! Fresh coffee and baklava after any meal here is a delight.
If you do not care for good food at more than a reasonable price, don't go. However, if you want a wide array of specials, excellent service and attention from the owner to see if you are enjoying the meal, then this is for you. For lunch, I have picked up the pina and we also have it as an appetizer when we dine with others-completely vegetarian and healthy. Here's a shocker: no child from age two and up we have served this to has not liked it! Tried the shrimp in the spicier sauce as an appetizer last week; loved it and my husband asked the server to leave the plate as he might want to put the sauce on something else. I had the grouper with a light sauce, vegetable including asparagus served with angel hair pasta--true perfection.

Two couples came in while we were dining. One person knew exactly what he wanted. His partner asked questions and Abba met her needs quickly. Another diner had food allergy issues and he was able to accommodate here rather handily.

An appetizer, two dinners, desert, great service, nice dinner music, a nice flow for dinner time, finished and able to take of of the check in time for a USA Theatre play down the street!

I would take well mannered children, well mannered adults so everyone can enjoy a pleasant dining experience.
GDardeau

Reviewed 8 December 2016 via mobile

Fourth lunch in last three months. Always outstanding. Daily specials with large fresh shrimp and grouper dishes. Have had the chicken eggplant twice. Amazing mixtures of spices to create sauces that you wish you knew how to make. Cozy atmosphere and very reasonable and the best baklava around.

Reviewed 14 June 2015

I have tasted more baklava in the city of Mobile and vicinity. While there might be some that are close, NOBODY makes baklava as good as Abbas. We frequently visit Abbas for dinner either dining alone or with friends. Abba and staff are always so gracious. The Sam's Lamb and Chicken Eggplant are delicious. Abba has on many occasions graciously prepared a special request for me. "I fix you anything you like, just let me know". Portions are always generous and the BEST VALUE in town for price and freshness. If you are picky about your wine, do like us and bring your own. Set up is $5 and that seems fair. Abbas is best experienced as a small group. He's pretty much a one man show and gives fine folks needing a job an opportunity to assist him. They are not necessarily your seasoned folks with lots of restaurant knowledge of etiquette, but they are GOOD people who sincerely appreciate your support. No, I am not related or have any connections to Abbas except that my husband and I eat out A LOT, avoid most all chain restaurants, and want great food at a great price. Abba will be happy to see you!

Reviewed 19 March 2015

My mens lunch group selected Abba's. The waitress was very solicitous and compliant. The owner was most gracious and visited with us and even handled most of our checkouts. The problem was the food. Besides having agita for about 3 hours after lunch, the food had little to no flavor or, as the Japanese refer to it in a more ethereal sense, UMAME. I had had the Kebbeh, which I have had many times before as Kibbeh. It was virtually tasteless as was the sauce which accompanied it. I asked one of my buddies about the gyro he ordered and he said it was not nearly as good as what we had at Zorba's. The dolmades were similarly tasteless. The hummus was very good but so what? I feel sorry for this hard working proprietor but I won't be going there any time soon.

1  Thank uphill69
Reviewed 5 December 2014

We were treated to great service, melt-in-your-mouth fresh veggies and seafood, creative dishes and traditional mediterranean fare. Save room for the best baklava in town!

Don't expect décor, but if you like an atmosphere of comfort and caring, freshly prepared food, a friendly proprietor who is hands-on to the point of accepting ideas from his customers for the menu then this is the place for you! It is a gem of a restaurant tucked into a corner of the Spring Hill area of Mobile, at the junction of Old Shell Road and Bit and Spur. (The neighborhood folk would probably like to keep this restaurant a secret to themselves because it is in walking distance for many. The convenience and value would make this restaurant packed in nightly if word got out!!)