“WEDDING ROOM BLOCK”

The Battle House Renaissance Mobile Hotel & Spa
Ranked #5 of 65 Hotels in Mobile
Reviewed 22 November 2017

The hotel is beautiful, valet service fantastic, friendly and helpful. Same for housekeeping staff, they let us in our rooms a lot as the key system at the hotel is awful. Beyond that my stay was a mess. The front desk is terrible. They gave away rooms, were late checking guests in, told a large number of people in our party the wrong pickup spot for the buses twice, overcharged us at checkout and were "unaccommodating, hostile and rude" were the complaints from our guests. We planned an out of town wedding in Mobile and the only thing I was not satisfied with was this hotel. Everyone else involved involved in this wedding did their jobs in a professional and friendly manner. Very disappointed in Marriott!

Room Tip: Some of the rooms have a beautiful water view
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank lsternberger0413
SarahSavell, Front Office Manager at The Battle House Renaissance Mobile Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 24 November 2017

Dear lsternberger0413,

Please accept our deepest apologies for your experience. We pride ourselves on providing the best stay possible for all of our guests and have unfortunately fallen short during your event. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with me over the phone last week. I am so sorry to hear that our conversation, and the corrective actions taken, did not make up in part for the challenges with your stay. I would be more than happy to continue our discussion. Please feel free to contact me at the hotel directly at your convenience.

I hope you have a wonderful holiday season.

Reviewed 20 November 2017 via mobile

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay. After traveling 3 hours with my 93 year old mother, we were greeted by Rueben at valet. He assisted me with getting my mom in her wheelchair and was extremely kind to her. We were unable to check in because our room wasn’t ready. I was told it would be about 30 minutes, but it turned into an hour and a half. After Jalexia came to the front desk, I asked if she could check on our room. She immediately located a room on the club level and explained all of the amenities. She was very professional and caring. Rueben took our items and escorted us to the room. The room was wonderful and the rest of our stay was awesome! The club level lounge was very nice. Room service was excellent. When I return to Mobile, I will plan to stay here. Thanks for making our stay pleasant.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 November 2017 via mobile

Except for the fact that they didn’t have a room for me even though I had a reservation. I had a four night stay but they sent me a block away to a sister hotel for my first night. Other than that-nice hotel. Neat old lobby. Rooms were clean and nicely decorated. Valet parking was timely and responsive. Great price. Neat location on the water in downtown.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank linneab978
SarahSavell, Front Office Manager at The Battle House Renaissance Mobile Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 9 November 2017

Dear linneab978,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at the Battle House Renaissance Mobile Hotel & Spa with us. I apologize that we were unable to accommodate you for the first night of your stay at our hotel; however, I am happy we were able to have you stay with us the very next day. I was also glad to hear that our sister property took very good care of you for your first night. Thank you for returning to stay with us and we hope to serve you again whenever your travels bring you back to Mobile.

Reviewed 1 November 2017

Great historical building and location. No problems at all during our stay. Enjoyed both bars on the first floor. Excellent pool and spa too. All of the hotel staff were very good delivering their southern hospitality.

Room Tip: Corner rooms are large and sunny.
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 October 2017 via mobile

An excellent hotel with pool and spa facilities. We came in low season so it was very quiet had a good upgrade into a huge room. Rooms have high ceilings and bsthrooms lovely.Bar staff were friendly and reception helpful. Lovely stay thsnkyou.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple