All reviews rooftop pool trellis room beautiful hotel piano bar new tower whispering arch separate tub and shower joe cain valet service beautiful lobby historic building royal street club level corner room convention center mardi gras view of the river
Reviewed 10 December 2017

I'd normally drive home after a day of meetings in Mobile, but I decided to spend the night at the Battle House. It was a nice treat. Beautiful classic hotel that was like going back in time. If you can stay here, do it. If you are just in the area, stop by and just look around.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 December 2017

We booked this hotel because they offered cruise parking and shuttle service. We were greeted curb side by great valet service. When we walked into the lobby of this grand hotel it was like stepping back in time. The most beautiful architecture and decor drew us in and completely wrapped around us. The archways and, because of Christmas, the decorations were breath taking. We were greeted at the front desk by extremely competent staff and given the key to our room. And then there was another WOW! Beautiful beyond description. It was an absolutely wonderful stay and exciting to walk in the steps of so many people from centuries past. The hotel was the headquarters for Andrew Jackson during the War of 1812. How is that for history! We will be back!

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 December 2017

This was a Fabulous Hotel from Years gone by. We stopped in for coffee and dessert. The hotel does not mind if tourist come in to look and take pictures of the lobby. We were dressed nicely because we were going to the resturant at lunch. It was like stepping back in time to a day of decadence and sheer elegance!

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 November 2017

The hotel is beautiful, valet service fantastic, friendly and helpful. Same for housekeeping staff, they let us in our rooms a lot as the key system at the hotel is awful. Beyond that my stay was a mess. The front desk is terrible. They gave away rooms, were late checking guests in, told a large number of people in our party the wrong pickup spot for the buses twice, overcharged us at checkout and were "unaccommodating, hostile and rude" were the complaints from our guests. We planned an out of town wedding in Mobile and the only thing I was not satisfied with was this hotel. Everyone else involved involved in this wedding did their jobs in a professional and friendly manner. Very disappointed in Marriott!

Room Tip: Some of the rooms have a beautiful water view
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank lsternberger0413
SarahSavell, Front Office Manager at The Battle House Renaissance Mobile Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 24 November 2017

Dear lsternberger0413,

Please accept our deepest apologies for your experience. We pride ourselves on providing the best stay possible for all of our guests and have unfortunately fallen short during your event. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with me over the phone last week. I am so sorry to hear that our conversation, and the corrective actions taken, did not make up in part for the challenges with your stay. I would be more than happy to continue our discussion. Please feel free to contact me at the hotel directly at your convenience.

I hope you have a wonderful holiday season.

Reviewed 20 November 2017 via mobile

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay. After traveling 3 hours with my 93 year old mother, we were greeted by Rueben at valet. He assisted me with getting my mom in her wheelchair and was extremely kind to her. We were unable to check in because our room wasn’t ready. I was told it would be about 30 minutes, but it turned into an hour and a half. After Jalexia came to the front desk, I asked if she could check on our room. She immediately located a room on the club level and explained all of the amenities. She was very professional and caring. Rueben took our items and escorted us to the room. The room was wonderful and the rest of our stay was awesome! The club level lounge was very nice. Room service was excellent. When I return to Mobile, I will plan to stay here. Thanks for making our stay pleasant.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business