my room facing Royal St. had its windows boarded up the entire time with plywood, which is depressing. construction starts at 8am with very loud hammering and drilling. not to mention loud construction workers inches away laughing and talking.
it's an old hotel that needs structural work - I get it. but this was unbearable. I'd rather have stayed in a courtyard marriott than under these conditions. I'm not sure exactly why the hotel thinks it's acceptable to rent these rooms out without a warning.
and not that I'm better than the average customer, but I'm Marriott platinum...
that said, the hotel itself is lovely. the lobby is stunning (especially dressed up for christmas). the gym is fantastic and the pool looks awesome (although it's too cold to visit!). the staff are all extremely nice.
the rooms are just OKAY. they need some sprucing up...the couch in my room drooped, the bathroom had some nicks and scuffs, and the carpet was stained. overall very disappointing.
the other annoying thing about this hotel is the valet situation. every morning/evening it's so busy and there's nowhere to place the cars but in the middle of the road. so there's a traffic jam in front of the hotel during those times.
I want to like this hotel - the lobby is great, the gym and pool are nice, and the location of the hotel cannot be beat.
but the rooms are tired, the construction makes a relaxing stay impossible, and the valet situation is never going away (and I"m not sure you can even self park if you wanted to).
I think I'll go back to the Riverside Renaissance....
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover The Battle House Renaissance Hotel & Spa, one of the premiere luxury hotels in Alabama, located in downtown Mobile in the Central Business District, across from the Mobile Convention Center. Our downtown Mobile hotel has been a favorite of entertainment celebrities, sports legends, a president, and a king since 1852. The Battle House Renaissance Hotel & Spa was thoughtfully resorted to its original grandeur and is a proud member of Historic Hotels of America. The legendary AAA Four Diamond Hotel also offers The Trellis Room, Mobile's only Four Diamond Restaurant. The Spa at The Battle House is a 10,000 sq. ft. oasis boasting a full salon, eight treatment rooms, and a Zen-like fire pit in our spectacular, tranquil Quiet Room. Host unforgettable affairs inside our magnificent Crystal Ballroom and marvel at our whispering arches (our acoustical feature). Join us in Mobile's Living Room, located just steps from Mobile's Entertainment District, Gulf Coast Exploreum & Imax, the Carnival Museum, Museum of Mobile, and Fort Conde. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Battle House Renaissance Mobile Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Battle House, a Renaissance Hotel Mobile
- The Battle Hotel Renaissance
- Renaissance Mobile
- Mobile Renaissance