2 single-night stays over a 2-week period. Experienced HH-diamond-level business/personal traveler nationwide.
Pros: Property cleanliness and condition...lobby clean, bright, and inviting. Rooms modern, well-appointed, clean and bright, climate control good, plumbing good, bed comfy, plenty of convenient power outlets. Staff exceedingly friendly and helpful. Breakfast is well executed. Location can't be beat in terms of proximity to airport and west-side-of-Mobile businesses.
Cons (these need attention from the property management/ownership ASAP):
(1) This is an EASY one to fix with a minimal expense: Breakfast area NEEDS trays to allow guests to carry their food back to their rooms. Business and other childfree travelers do NOT want to sit in the common area surrounded by families and their free-range children, or be forced to watch whatever's on the common TV...especially not given that the guest rooms are so nice, and food can be brought back and heated up in the kitchenettes if need be. This is a no-brainer for management...get a supply of cafeteria-style trays from a discount supplier.
(2) The in-room TV system at this property is simply God-awful. Now it's true that this problem afflicts many hospitality properties nationwide as it depends who the local or available satellite providers might be, etc., but it's also true that many Hilton-brand properties nationwide have upgraded to the DirecTV system, which is a real difference-maker for guests. With such an inviting property and otherwise-top-flight guest rooms, the last thing any guest wants to do is be tortured by the in-room TV system...s/he just wants to settle in and relax. At this property, during both my stays the remotes barely worked (required precise aiming), changing channels took forever on each click, there was no paper channel guide and the on-screen guide was non-functional, and in the case of my second stay in my room the channels DIFFERED between the front and back room TVs...and the front room TV kept freezing up, requiring me to unplug it from the wall and re-plug. And in case mgmt. reads this review and asks why I didn't call the front desk: It was 11PM, I was exhausted and not about to go through either a room change or a troubleshooting exercise. The darned thing just needs to work, period. Investment in the TV system may not matter as much to properties in resort areas, but this property is in an area where guests might well spend a fair bit of time in their rooms...the TV system matters.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Make yourself at home in a spacious one- or two-bedroom suite featuring a separate living room with sofa bed. Cook your favorite meal in your fully equipped kitchen or use the grill near the pool for a barbeque. Start your day with our complimentary hot breakfast, served by friendly staff in our lobby. Monday through Thursday we provide a Managers reception: Dinner, Beer and Wine, also included with your stay. Complimentary Airport Shuttle from 7am - 11pm. Complimentary shuttle within 3 mile radius. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Agoda and TripOnline SA so you can book your Homewood Suites by Hilton Mobile reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Homewood Suites Mobile Hotel Mobile
- Hilton Mobile
- Homewood Mobile
- Mobile Homewood Suites