“Good price for decent stay”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Mobile
Ranked #24 of 64 Hotels in Mobile
Reviewed 7 September 2017

Great location. Near restaurants. Stayed a night after visiting my son at USA. Was in a bad mood when I arrived, but desk clerk, Melissa, made me feel and ease as she asked about my day. Clean room, good breakfast. Says heated indoor pool, but was too cold to enjoy. All in all nice hotel for the price

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family

Reviewed 15 August 2017

... a bit worn where it counts. Stayed here during busy week (student returning to classes at USA), so rooms were at a premium, and property was full. Check in was quick and easy, but got to room and one of the 2 beds was totally worn out. You could see the "slump" in it from across the room - and sleeping on it (what little I could), caused back pain the next day. I brought the PM mgr (Angela) up to see it, (rm 303), and she jokingly agreed, but could only offer changing rooms the next day (which we did - and it was fine). When I went to change rooms in the AM, however, there was no note/mention of the problem so I suspect that bed (and others) will be there for you! I travel for a living and haven't seen a bed that bad in a long time, and would never expect at a Marriott property.
Was also disappointed that the pool was closed for our visit - cleaning to kill algae growth, but they offered to let us walk to another property if we wanted.
Probably won't go back to this one....

Room Tip: Back (west) side away from Interstate quieter. Call directly to see if pool is working.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 July 2017

This is a wonderful hotel, just off the highway. Rooms were really clean and comfortable and the staff were extremely friendly. It is also close to some good restaurants. I would highly recommend it. Breakfast was included and was excellent

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Charlie G, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Mobile, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2017

Patricia L,
Thank you so much for taking the time to give us a review. We think you're wonderful too. I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay. Please come visit us again. Thanks again for the review and choosing to stay with us.
Charlie Glanding, General Manager
Fairfield Inn and Suties, Mobile AL

Reviewed 15 June 2017

We found this hotel on our recent cross-country trip and this was our first night on the road. Dare I say that this hotel set the bar very high for future accommodations on our 4-day trip. Our room was large and comfortable (only minus for me was the bed was a little too firm for my liking). Very important, especially in the climate of Alabama: virtually silent air conditioning!!! Our room was also very quiet - meaning no hall noise. Thank you for the magnified makeup mirror, too! Breakfast was plentiful and delicious. Everyone was friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Charlie G, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Mobile, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2017

We appreciate you staying with us and look forward to seeing you again when your travels bring you back to Mobile, Al.

Reviewed 12 June 2017

Upon arrival the check in staff was very helpful and friendly during the check in process. The hotel provided a full breakfast. The breakfast host was very polite and friendly. The only problem I encountered was the room I was assigned on 2nd floor was very noisy from traffic and the room had a musky carpet smell.

Room Tip: My room was on second floor. High noise level from traffic on service road and interstate. Unable to...
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
Charlie G, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Mobile, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2017

Thanks so much for staying with us and providing the feedback that will enable us to further improve the services that we offer.