“Loud”

Magnuson Hotel Opelika
Ranked #12 of 17 Hotels in Opelika
Reviewed 6 June 2017 via mobile

The room was kinda clean but thats not why i am giving them a low low they let other guess hang out at tge pool until 2:00 am dtinking and being real loud when other guess are trying to sleep this is one hotel that i will never stay at again.
If all the hotels in tjis town was booked up i would stay in my car are i would drive until i found another one but neve again will i stay here

Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Mac E V

Reviewed 14 May 2015

If all you want is a comfy bed and hot shower near 85, this hotel will serve. If you expect a few amenities, go somewhere else. The hotel is old and dingy so it's hard to tell if it's clean. There were no extra towels or washcloths, no lotion, only one packet of coffee (regular,which I used the first day) and no tea or decaf, and the breakfast consisted of toast, donuts and regular coffee only... if you could get there before nine o'clock. The television was broken and I don't know if the ice machine worked because it was so filthy I was afraid to use it. The vanity is tiny and the clothes bar was hung by the vanity so that your clothing hung partially over it, taking up some of the (already precious little) space. It's not near the campus, but it is near Tiger Town. I made my reservations five months before graduation and this was the best I could get. I recommend making them now for next year.

• Stayed: May 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank Sherry S
Reviewed 11 November 2014

• Stayed: November 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge
Reviewed 16 October 2014

Older motel, kept well. Only problem - when I checked in I inquired as to availability of internet because I needed it that night. I was assured internet was available. After i got to my room and unpacked I couldn't get the wifi to connect. I called the front desk and they said they would reboot the system and that should fix the problem. I waited the 10 minutes they asked for and the wifi again wouldn't link to my laptop. Both times it connected for about 10 seconds and then disconnected.
Aside from that the motel was good value, nice people, ok facility, good value.

• Stayed: October 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge
Reviewed 15 October 2014

We knew that "Game Day" weekend anywhere near Auburn, AL would make it challenging to find lodging. We knew that Travelodge would not be a 5-star property. What we did not expect was a tub that did not drain. A non-slip tub mat that has not been moved/cleaned under in months and pillows that weren't pillows! The pillows were decorative pillows that had a pillowcase put over them. This is only the beginning of what I could write....suffice it to say the place is in severe need of a renovation and we'll travel further before we stay here again. ON the plus side, the older black man that was working the night shift when we needed new remote control batteries was MOST pleasant and helpful! A gem that the Travelodge did right!

Room Tip: Stay near lights and on the outside perimeter.