“Family meal”

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours
Reviewed 14 June 2018 via mobile

Went with the family. Service was good and the food came out fast. Two had crab legs and they were plentiful and delicious. One had a grilled chicken sandwich. The fries were very good too. I had a combo platter of oysters, clams and fish. The batter on the oysters was very crunchy and remained that way throughout the course of the meal. Overall a very good experience.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,105)

Reviewed 12 June 2018

Stopped in for lunch and thought it was very good. We had a mix of seafood, grilled shrimp, fried fish, and the appetizer sampler. The waitress, Heather, took great care of us, glasses were refilled and she stopped by numerous times. Lunch wasn't crowded but we understand that after 5pm there is a wait.

1  Thank mbabill
Reviewed 12 June 2018 via mobile

"Sir, it's not your fault" from the manager was the proverbial icing on the cold, fried oysters. After waiting approximately 45 minutes between order time and receiving our food, our table of five was served cold food. One bite of a cold, fried oyster is enough to make a maggot nauseous. When our server was told about the dilemma of our meal, he replied "I can have them remake it but I can't guarantee it'll be quick. The kitchen is backed up". My initial thought was if the kitchen was backed up, wouldn't the food be hot when it arrived instead of cold; so I asked to speak with a manager. The manager arrived at our table and I explained to her our problem with the wait and the cold food. Her response was one of the oddest replies I've ever heard from a food service employee: "sir, it's not your fault". Of course it's not my fault, I knew that. I didn't take the order, didn't submit the order, didn't cook the order, didn't leave the food sitting around to get cold, didn't make excuses why it was taking an unusual amount of time to be prepared, didn't deliver the food to my own table late and cold or make a contradictory statement like "kitchen is backed up". That wasn't me so I was pretty sure I knew it wasn't my fault. Then the manager asked how she could make it right. My wife replied "we're not paying for cold food and we've been here so long now we can't go anywhere else". By the way, my wife's meal never arrived cold, hot or otherwise so she just asked that the other four meals be replaced. The manager then said she would take care of it. In the meantime the manager brought my wife out two large fish fillets and said "these are on the house!"...which was the only humorous part of this debacle...my wife is a vegetarian. So, after a short period we received new piping hot meals (quick by the way). The food was mediocre but not terrible. My wife and mother-in-law eventually got up to take our now unruly 2 year old out to the car without eating. My father-in-law and I continued to eat our late dinner. Upon completion of said meal the server asked how we would like our tickets separated. In my mind I'm thinking "ok, we're only being charged for our drinks...fair enough"...I mean, the manager did ask us how she could fix it, my wife explained how it could be fixed so why not trust her to do the right thing??? The server brings the separated bills and to my surprise...drum roll please... full price, minus those pesky expensive soft drinks. I thought there has to be a miscommunication between the server and manager so I asked said server "I thought the manager was taking care of the bill?" And he replied "no, she just took off your wife's meal"...the one that never came, how nice of her. So as I'm sitting there filling out the ticket the manager walks up and asks if everything was ok with the bill. It was almost like rubbing salt into my already gaping wound of a wasted evening. I said "I can't believe I'm paying $50 for this experience" and she replied "I'm sorry". I mean hey, it wasn't my "fault" at least.

2  Thank wccope
Reviewed 11 June 2018 via mobile

There was a very long wait,the food was pricey and it wasn't very good. Not budget friendly for a family of 5.

1  Thank Shellie K
Reviewed 7 June 2018 via mobile

We weren't sure about eating here because the reviews weren't 5 stars. We had already eaten at all of the famous recommended places.
Bubba's was by far the BEST restaurant we have eaten at during our entire vacation! The bartender-Tabitha I think was her name, was amazing! She was our server also and was on top of it!
For an appetizer, we had fried pickles and shrimp. It was wonderful! I had fried oysters for my entree which was amazing. I give this place a 10/10!!

1  Thank Heather H