See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 12 February 2017

Room was spacious and clean. Internet pretty fast. Good TV reception with plenty of channels. Microwave and minifridge. Best of all, across the interstate was Oxford Lake Park. Perfect place to walk the dog. Paved 2/3 mile loop trail around a reservoir. Large playground for kids. Area around the hotel seemed safe. A very good place to stay for the budget-minded.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 4 February 2017 via mobile

On 2/2/17 my husband and I checked into room 119 at the Motel 6 in Oxford, AL. The next morning I awoke to unexplained bites/welts all over my arm so I started researching to see what it could be from. The first thing that I saw that resembled what I had on my arm was bed bug bites. My husband and I decided to check our bed and found bugs/feces from the bugs on the bottom of it. We reported it to staff, requested a refund, and left the motel.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Joy P
Reviewed 26 December 2016

I was looking for a place to sleep for a few hours on my travels through Alabama. I made the gross mistake of thinking all Motel 6 were the same in quality and comfort. However, I was totally wrong in my estimate of care provided at this disgusting place. I checked in at 12:20am and the first room I was given had some disgusting tar or body waste in the dated sink and otherwise unclean room. The floor was not clean either. When I went back to the disgusting filthy front desk the employee did not seem surprised at my complaint and told me I could keep trying rooms until I found a clean one..... I found a room without all of the aforementioned filthy conditions and slept with my clothes on for a few hours.......SOMEBODY CALL THE HEALTH DEPARTMENT!!!!!

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank Tommy B
Reviewed 23 December 2016 via mobile

We spent 2 weeks at this motel. First room light bulbs missing, fan didn't work in bathroom and it wasn't clean. We asked for a new room the next week. This rooms deadbolt didn't work, the bathroom was nasty, cap on the walls and we killed 4 cockroaches!!!fridge broke and all our milk was spoiled. We asked for another room 3rd week and after I listed my complaints the Indian owner got his feeling hurt and said we trashed the other room. Complete lie. We are a military family and I'm disappointed that such a business is being run under the motel 6 brand name. Do not go here.....

Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family
2  Thank Amy J
Reviewed 28 October 2016 via mobile

Not what I expected (although not sure what I was expecting) surrounded by check cashing and lease to own shops!! Hotel had a terrible oder outside not much better in the room!! Hair in bathroom (before we used!) and bug ran under bed!! Was up and out quick in the morning!!

Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple