Plantation Island Resort
Lomani Island Resort(Malolo Lailai Island)
US$306
US$293
  • Pool
Musket Cove Island Resort & Marina(Malolo Lailai Island)(Great Value!)
US$238
US$225
Agoda.com
  • Beachfront
Serenity Island Resort(Malolo Lailai Island)
US$149
Orbitz.com
Six Senses Fiji(Malolo Island)
US$799
US$769
  • Breakfast included
Likuliku Lagoon Resort(Malolo Island)
US$926
US$837
  • Pool
Malolo Island Resort(Malolo Island)(Great Value!)
US$337
  • Beachfront
Castaway Island Fiji(Castaway Island (Qalito))
US$476
US$450
US$864
Agoda.com
US$234
Marriott Hotels
Sheraton Fiji Resort(Denarau Island)
US$263
US$221
1,806 results
All reviewsplantation islandgarden burekids clubmusket covefamily holidaycoral restaurantmeal planpoolside roomfishcash cardblack corallomani endcoco hutgreat familythree starfiji timebreakfast and dinner
Reviewed 8 March 2012

This was my 4th trip to Fiji. On this occasion I went for my sisters wedding on Plantation Island.
The little touches I have had at every other resort on previous visits were missing at Plantation Island. At other resorts I have found staff to be amazingly friendly but at plantation they are best described as surly.
The room had a heatpump and ceiling fans but they weren't effective. During the day the temperature in the room was reading 29 degrees celcius. The lowest I saw it was 25 degrees at 3am in the morning. The remote for the heatpump didnt work so maintenance came and took it away and brought it back still not working but said it was set on the coldest it would go anyway.
They tell you on arrival that the bar, shops etc don't except cash. A few of us were sharing a quad Buree and paying our own way so we used their cash card system (you put money on it and then use it like a cashflow card). Using this for meals staff acted like it was a real hassle, they had to take the card away to charge it and bring it back later. The cards had no markings so it was always disconcerting when a few of us were using them whether we would get the right card back (on the plus side we always did). My father used his credit card to put money on the cash card and was charged a 10% surcharge. One day I went to order a drink at the bar and realised I didn't have my cash card but they were happy to accept cash. Also I popped in to the shop to grab a quick souvenir after I had checked out and they happily accepted cash then as well.
My sister did a prepaid package including meals and had to produce a seperate voucher for every person each meal. The package included free meals for 2 kids but then they were told the kids had to eat at a seperate time and a different menu than the adults.
The buffet meals are pretty average and by the 3rd day I was pretty tired of the same breakfast buffet but they do have a different theme each night for the main meal.
I think it would work okay for families with young kids that want to have a holiday but want time away from the kids as well but my sisters kids are teenagers and they weren't interested in eating spaghetti and chicken nuggets at a different time from the adults.
The only positives out of the whole stay is that it really is a nice location and the wedding was beautiful. The wedding night was the only night that we didn't have the buffet. We had our own private table set up for the wedding guests under a thatched buree on the the beach front and had meal which was beautiful. On this occasion the service was great.
The only problem was we found out at the end of the meal that they had been serving rum and coke to a 14 year old without bothering to check with his parents. The first we knew about it was when everyone stood up at the end of the meal and he fell over.
After I checked out I realised that I had left my favourite dress shirt hanging in the wardrobe.
As my sister was still there I rang and asked her to go and ask for it. They told her that nothing was found in the room. I rang and spoke to the marketing manager and told them that I knew it had been left hanging in the wardrobe so if it wasn't there then the cleaning staff had obviously taken it. He rang and said that it had been found after all and gave it to my sister to bring back.

Room Tip: Our room was pretty dated with rough cast plaster over concrete block. my sisters room had wood panelling and was much nicer finished. Also other guests had rooms where the air conditioning was more effective.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
6  Thank RiverRatNZ
Reviewed 7 March 2012

I dont usually write reviews but after reading some of the negative comments on here i just had to tell you what a fabulous time we had!! My husband, 23 month old daughter and i spent 8 nights on Plantation in late Feb-2012. I cannot praise it enough! We stayed in a Beacfront Bure which was perfect as we were able to lay in the hammock or snorkel while our daughter had her afternoon nap (we bought our monitor from home). It was bliss! The Bure was very big and most importantly it was clean (we noticed when people checked out, the staff took all the furniture out of the rooms to clean/air out). I'm usually fussy with accommodation but i could not fault our Bure. No, it wasnt 5 star but it had what we needed (comfy bed, air con, big bathroom and clean toilet). If you want marble benches and satin sheets go somewhere else! The rooms where cleaned every day.
The water was amazing. So warm and clear. Fish just swam around us which our daughter LOVED. You could literally walk in and snorkell or you could swim out 30 metres more and see some more fish and coral. You could also go snorkelling out on the sandbar for $5.80 AUD which is just a ridiculous price considering what we pay here in Australia.
We had a half meal plan which was just breakfast and dinner. The buffet breakfast was the same everyday but who's stopping you from having cereal one day, bacon and eggs another, toast another etc... We usually had a smoothie from Cocohut for lunch because we weren't that hungry after a big breakfast and drinking lots of water throughout the day. We thought the dinners were fantastic so im not sure if we're easy to please or some reviewers are just too fussy! We could choose off the main menu (it all sounded great-and was!) or you could have the buffet. The buffets were a different theme nightly and you could help yourself. We really liked the Mongolian night. There was a magnificent dessert buffet nightly too! : ) We liked the meal plan because we didnt have to worry about the costs involved. I honestly dont know if it saved us any money or not but it gave us the enjoyment of just picking what we wanted and not worrying about the price. We thought the kids buffet was great too. It had everything from chips, veges, chicken, fish, stirfys, sandwiches and spag bol.
Finally, we cannot thank the wonderful staff enough. The island was very quiet when were were there (off peak) so we had such friendly service. Nowhere else in our prior travels have we ever had such a connection with the staff. You usually see the same staff all the time so you get to know them and they know your name and they remember it. They loved our daughter and were so kind to her. We had lumps in our throats as we said goodbye to them on our last day. I dont think i've ever hugged a resort staff member before...anywhere! Every night the band played some beautiful songs during dinner. We still sing the "Welcome" song here at home now. Some reviewers mention that the staff look tired and overworked - well they probably are - especially in peak season. They work very hard (for very little pay) to keep us all happy. They may work in the perfect location but i think their lifestyles are far from perfect so people should remember that.
Overall we would love to go back one day. Thank you to all the staff that helped make our holiday so wonderful!

Room Tip: Beachfront Bures are wonderful. Any rooms in the 200's are on the nicer and quieter side.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
14  Thank April15Geelong
Reviewed 2 March 2012

Probably a better place for taking children. There's a nice restaurant near the airstrip but those eating on an inclusive plan looked as though they were at a downmarket holiday-camp. The organisation isn't as slick as made out. They had no idea of the timings of the ferry and then got them wrong! This was crucial for arrival and meant a night's stay was lost. They were quick to get people off before the serious rain but the catamaran doesn't handle a heavy sea like a single-hull.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
7  Thank growling a
Reviewed 26 February 2012

Love love loved it here!!
I travelled with my husband and three children and had the best time, we barely saw the kids aged 7,9,11 as they swam in the pool went to kids club and made new friends,whilst we drank cocktails read magazines and relaxed by the pool or amazing beach which also was great for snorkelling which our whole family totally enjoyed a few free trips out!
There was as much or as little as you would like to go here you couldn't get bored!
Staff were friendly but not as much as the naviti and the waiters seem to ask the male for the orders and I was ignored unless my husband spoke for me he thought it was funny.
We had the meal package and was dissapointed the majority of the time we found the food plain,bland and boring and really got sick of feeling that we had to eat it so after a few nights we ate up the road which was so good!
Our kids really disliked there kids club meals so we ended up going to the supermarket to buy supplies such as noodles and tinned beans
The food was the only negative but we didn't let it get is down as we weren't there to just eat!!!
I would go back again but not get the meal plan it's just so great on plantation!

• Stayed: August 2011
4  Thank Mumof04
Reviewed 24 February 2012

Plantation Island! WOW!! What a beautiful, but huge island!! When we arrived after a 45 minute trip on the Malolo Cat, we were pretty much welcomed with open arms. They were singing and welcoming us onto their land with beautiful shell necklaces. It was exactly how I amagined it and the brochures, didn't do the island justice. It was absolutely beautiful.

We were all taken to a seating area near one of the pools, where we were given our keys to our rooms, a bottle of water (which each day you would take to reception and they would re-fill) But we came prepared and bought bottled water before we left for Plantation Island. We were then taken to our room, which wasn't really a room, more like a beach hut. The beach hut looked right out onto the water. It was absolute heaven.

There were so many activities to do on the island, It was incredible! We went on the banana boat ride, which is tied to the back of a boat and it pulls you around the bay! We went para-sailing which was great fun! We went kyacking around half the island, and we saw sea turtles, stingrays, star fish and loads of fish.

Most mornings, we got up and went surfing. With Suji Surf! He would take us out to Cloudbreak and we would spend as much time as we wanted out there surfing. My boyfriend surfed, and I took the shots! We did a dolphine / Snorkelling Safari which was great! We did in fact see dolphines, but that was on the way back from a Surfing Adventure.

The food was divine! Every night there was a different themed buffet or Allacart menu! Which was great, if you weren't up for what was been served on the buffet table.

Plantation Island was absolutely beautiful and I would and do recommend this beautiful spot to anyone I speak to. And we cannot wait to return.

Bula Vinaka.