“Awesome”

Beqa Adventure Divers
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Can’t even describe how awesome it was! Awesome staff and great location both in the ocean and on land! Great local dive instructor from villages around pacific harbour!

All reviews
in 14 reviews
"bucket list"
in 21 reviews

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

My partner and I did the two tank shark dive and saw 4 different types of sharks (bull shark, white tip and black tip reef sharks, and grey nurse sharks). Both dives are rather passive, i.e. you stay at the same place to watch the shark feeding. (first one goes to ~30m and then to ~12m, second one to ~15m). Especially the feeding of the bull sharks (we saw around 35 of them at the same time) was impressive. At no point in time you felt unsafe as there was quite a lot of staff to look after the divers. We were given an interesting explanation by one of the marine biologists about how they make sure that the sharks don't get dependent on the feeding. Expensive trip, but definitely worth it!

Reviewed 12 June 2018

I had a great experience diving with BAD. Organization was good from the moment we reached the dive shop to the time we got back from the dives. Very clear instructions were given. The briefing on the shark dives was very well done, covering the safety aspects as well as good background information on the history and conservation activities of BAD and their collaborating universities. I felt safe throughout the dives. Coming face to face with a school of bull sharks is a great experience.
During the ascent, one of the divers in my group found that two other inexperienced divers had clung to his tank, slowing his ascent. This could potentially be dangerous and perhaps the dive masters need to do more to regulate the diving behaviour of inexperienced divers.
Apart from that, I absolutely loved the dives, and am impressed with how the dive operation engaged the local village in their conservation efforts.

Reviewed 5 June 2018

An amazing and wonderful experience diving with sharks. Deep dive with 25-30 bull sharks, then more shallow with black and white tip reef sharks. Very professional. Felt quite safe and comfortable. Well done.

See more reviews
Reviewed 2 June 2018 via mobile

I wasn’t sure if I should do this dive as I’ve never been to 30m before but I really wanted to see the sharks!
Beqa was awesome - the dive masters were really considerate and helpful, they answered all our questions, their gear was fairly new and good quality and the dive briefings were quite thorough.
And the delivered on the sharks! We saw so many bull sharks - that I lost count! We also saw about three other varieties.
If you’re weighing up doing this dive while you’re in Fiji - I highly recommend you do it!