Oarsman's Bay Lodge(Nacula Island)
US$115
US$400
Travelocity
Botaira Resort(Naviti Island)
US$271
US$150
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
Paradise Cove Resort(Naukacuvu Island)
US$280
US$205
Naqalia Lodge(Waya Lailai)
US$98
US$86
  • Beachfront
Coralview Island Resort(Tavewa Island)(Great Value!)
US$48
US$35
  • Restaurant
Sunrise Lagoon Homestay(Nanuya Lailai Island)
US$54
US$30
  • Beachfront
Boathouse Nanuya(Nanuya Lailai Island)
US$113
US$94
  • Beachfront
Long Beach Resort(Matacawalevu Island)
US$74
  • Restaurant
All reviewsprivate beachother guestsdeluxe burelobsteroutdoor showerblue lagoonour honeymoonlocal villagelunch and dinnersound of the wavesanother guestfamily burepiece of heavenisland resortchurch servicenadi airportmain building
Reviewed 11 January 2018

Yasawa is a nice simple hotel. Food is good and location excellent. But way overpriced for what they give you.
We stayed at this resort previously and decided to return with my parents, but with just a few weeks prior to our booking we received an email to say they were going to cancel.
We were devastated. They offered nothing and despite numerous phone calls and emails repeatedly asking to speak to the manager I never received a single phone call. Only after many calls and emails did I get some assistance to book elsewhere, but it could take them three days before they returned calls.
Fortunately after a great deal of effort and anxiousness (we already had all our flights booked) we managed to book into Vomo. As it turned out we could not have been happier. Whilst a little more expensive than Yasawa the resort is far superior. The rooms are luxurious with air conditioned, spacious and well appointed rooms, huge beautiful bathrooms and staff who could not make you feel happier. There is also a lot more to do on Vomo, plus the usual activities such as fishing, walking, diving and snorkeling. The food at Vomo was excellent and certainly superior to Yasawa.
Obviously we had been happy at Yasawa on our previous visit but given their unbelievable poor treatment of us, their lack of communication and seeing how much better a resort can be for a little more cost we would never return. Do not consider Yasawa - go to Vomo.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
9  Thank Thommo69
YasawaResort, Owner at Yasawa Island Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 13 January 2018

Bula,

We appreciate you taking the time to post on Trip Advisor. Vomo is a beautiful family resort.

We are extremely sorry that our group booking last year affected your stay with us. The group departed some months ago and the resort has reopened after some significant upgrades.

Unfortunately having not stayed with us for a number of years your stay with us was prior to our many upgrades and renovations.

Whilst we appreciate that you are disappointed by the cancelation of your booking Yasawa offers numerous amazing and unique activities such as 11 private beaches for uninhibited picnics, snorkeling excursions to the Blue Lagoon Caves, visits to an authentic Fijian village, nature hikes and many water sport activities - all of which are complimentary during your stay.

Once again we are sorry for the cancelation of your stay and we hope we can welcome you back in the future.

James McCann - Owner
Yasawa Island Resort & Spa

Reviewed 3 December 2017 via mobile

A piece of heaven, celebrated my wife’s Birthday and the staff made us feel at home from the start.

Location, just wow.

Accomodation, more than wow, feel you are on a private beach in a huge well appointed Bure.

Food, all included, very nice.

Speciality or resort signature, private picnics in the most deserted beaches. Yaweni the favourite for us.

All of the activities you want or just chill.

The staff sensational, very traditional Fijian makes that important difference and something special.

Special thanks to Manasa, Wati, Sammy and Tasi.

Remote, private, pampered, special and perfect for us.

Vinaka Vakalevu.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
8  Thank Ben F
Reviewed 28 November 2017

We have just returned from 5 nights at this amazing resort, and could not have had a better time. The resort has just returned to "normal" after 6 months of film crew living there, and the service was amazing. The staff went above and beyond for us to make our stay enjoyable. We were celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary and couldn't have been made to feel more special. The staff are all so kind to the guests, and typical of the Fijian experience when the staff live at or near the resort, you are made to feel like you are inside their homes.

The bures are very comfortable and extremely large compared to anywhere else we have stayed in Fiji. (we have been numerous times)

There are new chefs at this resort and the food was exceptional. Every meal was creative, delicious and plentiful.

This resort is so remote, it quite often feels like you are the only ones there. Each bure is very private and there are plenty of private beaches on the island, plus there is the option to do lunch-time picnics on other surrounding beaches, which was a "Must-do" experience.

We visited the spa each day and had massages and facials with the sound of waves lapping out our feet.

I couldn't recommend this property more highly.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Margot R
Reviewed 17 October 2017

I am happy for those folks that were able to get a new booking to another resort, we are not as fortunate. We made our reservations in March, I paid my final payment on Sept 22nd. 4 weeks before we were set to leave on a dream celebration, for our 30 year wedding anniversary. Yasawa Island resort notifies Costco Travel that they are closing due to filming.. I have tried to call Mei at Yasawa Resort Island on the mainland, I was promised he would call back today at 4pm, that was 4 hours ago. I am so sad and disappointed, I have called many of the other resorts and they are booked solid.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Swedenmamma
YasawaResort, Owner at Yasawa Island Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 20 October 2017

Bula Vinaka,

Thank you for your comments, we are sorry to have disappointed you and upset your travel plans to Fiji.

Your travel agent was working hard with our reservations team to secure the best possible alternative for you. Your requested alternate resort of Tokoriki was reserved by out team and on hold for you. I now understand however that you have now chosen a full refund rather than to visit Tokoriki.

Again we do sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused by the change in filming dates by the production company.

Vinaka,
James McCann

Reviewed 2 October 2017 via mobile

We bought the luxury escapes deal in January 17. When we went to book our dates in March, the whole year was blocked out until November? so I booked November. My fiancé & I were planning a holiday/wedding/ honeymoon escape. Can you believe it was only when I contacted the resort to organise a ceremony that I was informed that we could no longer have our holiday dates as the resort had contracted the whole island to a filming company. Yasawa Island was going to be a dream come true for me as I've wanted to go there since watching Blue Lagoon as a child. To be married there would have replaced some of the sufferings I've experienced over the last few years with Yasawa magic. I can't explain how devastated I was. The resort is run by amateurs. Total lack of professionalism. I contacted them in many ways to organise a refund but they refused to respond. The one saviour in this was Luxury Escapes who came to our rescue and contacted the island. Only then a response came through & we got our hard-earned money back.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple