“Great Place to Stay”

and 1 more site!
Quintet Bed and Breakfast Guest House
Ranked #6 of 814 Shanghai B&B and Inns
Reviewed 26 September 2011

This was our first stop in China and it was great, especially breakfast. The staff was helpful and arranged train tickets for us and gave many recommendations for where to go in Shanghai, the neighborhood was really cute with lots of nice restaurants within walking distance, and the rooms were clean and nicely decorated!

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SharukaB

Reviewed 12 September 2011

Our first trip to Shanghai, for the Expo, we had booked into 2 B+B's. Our first B+B was Quintet, a cute spot near to the Changshu Road Metro. Nice rooms, easy to find.
The owner Faye, was quite helpful but we pretty sorted ourselves out.
We had a lovely stay there, unfortunately our visit coincided with some renovations which meant that we unable to have our breakfast on the premises. Instead we got vouchers for a nearby coffee shop, Jamaica Blue, which did an great decaf soy latte. The bacon options did get a bit tiring after a few days, so we ended up buying their (delicious) muesli out of our own pocket.
It was wasn't until we moved to the next B+B that we realised what we really missed… One of the reasons we prefer small guesthouses is because of the friendly chats that develop around the breakfast table, with both the owners as well as fellow travellers. We totally missed that at Quintet :( I'm sure this is not a issue as the renovations finished just as we left.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 September 2011

My wife and I stayed at Quintet for 4 nights this summer.
All staffs of Quintet are so helpful that they were able to give us any information we need such as shopping, restaurants, transportation and so on.
Especially, my wife enjoyed her first nail care according to the kind recommendation of the staff.
The location of Quintet is in the middle of so called French Concession. You can find nice shops and restaurants near Quintet. Building of Quintet is old fashioned three-story garden lane house. We can feel intimate taste which we cannot get from five star hotels.
We are sure to stay at Quintet when we visit to Shanghai again.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank taroTokyo
Reviewed 27 August 2011

I stayed this B&B back in December 2009.This was my first time travelling to China and I was solo travellor.My impression of Shanhai travel is so good because I chose to stay here!! It is such a romantic destination..I miss it there so much.I surely can recomand this place to anyone and someday I would like to go back.
Staffs are friendly and was very kind.
In the place there were candle lights displayed and was beautiful.
For the sightseeing,I was not sure how others get to the main area,but I used subway.
It was a little challenging but was OK.However,I was not able to do sightseeing by myself much, being not used to the city and culture..so next time I stay Quintet, I would like to find tour service hopefully group one.Quintet offers private one.I am not sure if there is pick up place nearby to join in group tour.I hope there is but not sure.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled solo
Reviewed 17 July 2011

Me and a friend stayed at AURORA Room in Quintet B&B for 3 nights and we honestly must admit it was such a lovely time there. We always felt welcome, our room was cute and small but we had a kind of private roof top balcony/terrace too. The staff was friendly and helpful. And dont forget to tick the box for breakfast choice C: you will love the yoghurt and fresh fruits. Awesome!
The B&B itself is in a wonderful area called French Concession and in walking distance to all main sights of that area. The metro is not far away (5min to Chengshu and 10min to Ja'an Temple, Airport Line).
The prices are moderate compared to B&B in other cities in this world. So try it and feel like home :-)

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends