“Chic boutique hotel with lotsa potential in a central location”

and 1 more site!
Quintet Bed and Breakfast Guest House
Ranked #6 of 799 Shanghai B&B and Inns
Reviewed 10 November 2010

I arrived at Quintet Shanghai with high expectations after reading such good reviews on Tripadvisor and I was bringing my parents (60+) and a sister along. They were used to staying at big hotels so it took much convincing on my part to persuade them to check into Quintet. I must say Quintet totally exceeded my expectations! After staying in 7 hotels from an 8-day tour, this place provides a much needed peaceful and cosy stay for me for the rest of my travel in China.

My sis and I stayed at Joffre room while my parents stayed at the new Oriental Pearl room.
Joffre Room: A nice fragrance greets you when you enter the room and I found out it came from the hand-soap. The bed was soft and comfortable with good linen. I'm most impressed with the bath room. I'm a clean freak so I must say the bath-tub was huge/deep and squeakly clean. I loved it! The olive green tiles and the dark wood goes so well together and really has that comfortable feeling. The cups/teapot are so cute & adds a nice touch to the room.

Oriental Pearl Room: This is bigger than Joffre and the extended balcony area has a comfortable daybed & writing desk. I like to laze that and enjoy the sun a little while still being in air-con. The balcony area was bright and offers an alternative to those who do not like to lie on the bed to type. Plus point - free wifi. The bath-tub was covered with gold mosaic tiles which look really glittery pretty. It was big enough for 1 person to be fully soaked in.
Both rooms come with a little square iPhone/iPod charger which is also a speaker and alarm clock. Cool litte gadget!

The service at Quintet was really personal and sincere! Thanks to Weili and Jenny, my family has a good time in Shanghai. They offer us many ideas on where to go, shop & eat, even to the extent of helping us plan our route for the full 3 days we were there. We were so impressed with the extra mile of service they provided. I bet you will never get this kind of service anywhere if you were to stay in any other big hundred roomer hotels, which lack personal touch.

I think the best part is the location of Quintet in the french concession area is central and the Changshu mrt station is 5min walk away plus restaurants are 10min walk away too. The location is perfect! There are plenty of little quirky shops which sell knock-off fashion and some indie fashion which are fun to explore. Plus it is super easy to get cabs on the road.

Definitely stay at Quintet when you are in Shanghai!

Stayed: September 2010, travelled with friends
1  Thank Autumn_Fish09

Reviewed 1 October 2010

My husband and I stayed in Shanghai for 4days to attend a friend's wedding party.
The owner Fay and staff were all very nice, and the room was real pretty. We got the room called bubbling well, which was spacious, clean, and fascionably furnished. I love the furniture and pottery so much. The place is walking distance from 2 subway stations. There were small shops, cafe, and bars around. Breakfast was good, too. Although I prefer less garlic in eggs. Over all, very nice B&B.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 July 2010

We spent three nights at Quintet. It is convenient to get there by subway. The owner is a very nice person who loves to provide guests useful information about Shanghai. According to her suggestion, we experienced Shanghai in a different way and had an unforgetable memory about this city.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sonia_Shen
Reviewed 5 May 2010

We stayed at Quintet for 4 nights and I would highly recommend this B&B. Our room was very tastefully furnished with a comfortable king size bed. The bathroom had a great big bathtub which was also rigged with a shower head & curtain. The bathroom included bath salts, great body lotion & shampoo. Bath linens were sparkling white and luxurious. There is no smoking permitted in the rooms but there is a wonderful roof top area where smoking is allowed.

The breakfast is served in the restaurant which is on the 1st floor. It is a set menu with 4 choices which included oatmeal with raisens, scrambled eggs, fresh fruit, yogurt and more.

The manager YaYa is wonderful. She assisted us by providing directions and writing things down in Manderin for us.

This is a warm & friendly place to stay. A little like staying with friends or family.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 May 2010

Our trip to Shanghai had to be cancelled on short notice due to a volcano eruption in Europe in April 2010. The manager was very accommodating and refunded our deposit.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple