“Heartwarming service + good food + great location ”

The PuLi Hotel and Spa
Ranked #7 of 5,222 Hotels in Shanghai
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I visited this charming property when it was first opened a few years back! And I finally stayed here for three nights this week!

So impressed by the great service! Big thank you to Alexandre and his amazing F&B team for taking such great care of me during my stay! They helped to prepare vegetables and fruit juice during breakfast and even made one extra for me to take away for my train ride! Deeply appreciated! And breakfast was great, lots of choices for vegetarian/ vegan lover!

I stayed at room 703 and it was facing the Jing An Park, love the room layout and it was spacious!

Location was good, in the city center and right next to the subway station! The entrance to hotel had a strong sense of privacy!

Love to be back and also try out other soon to open Puli properties in other parts of the world!

Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business
Jan_B_Tibaldi_Puli, General Manager at The PuLi Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Guest,
Many thanks for taking the time to comment so graciously on TripAdvisor - your positive feedback is very much appreciated and will go a long way as acknowledgment to the entire team who work effortlessly in ensuring all of our guests are treated with a smile and open arms.
You have put a big smile on Alex and his amazing F&B team's face by writing such accolades - Merci!!
I am indeed a lucky General Manager to have such a fine team of professional and caring team members.
Our Chef Michael will be delighted as well to see that the vegetarian dishes are a hit!
Please let me know if I may be of any assistance should you require any help with your next trip to Shanghai or other cities where we will feature sister hotels (Beijing/Xiamen/Kuala Lumpur).
Best wishes
Jan B. Tibaldi

Write a ReviewReviews (1,545)

Reviewed 17 January 2018

This was my first time with The PuLi and I was blown away by the attention to detail, the excellent service from the staff and the level that they go to to ensure you have the perfect stay. Firstly I want to thank Bryan for taking the time to take care of us and also the wonderful concierges for their recommendations when it came to whatever we needed, they are able to solve any kind of question or problem you have! The hotel is extremely convenient to the best restaurants, bars and shopping in town so if this is what you are looking for, look no further. Highly recommend using the pool and spa facilities as well, it was bliss after a long night of partying as my friends and I were there for a hens weekend. All in all, one of the best hotels I have stayed in for a very reasonable price and a wonderful balance of being in the heart of the city but having the option to just chill out in your ultra zen room and fabulous bathtub.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank angiefeimao
Jan_B_Tibaldi_Puli, General Manager at The PuLi Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 18 January 2018

Dear Guest,
Wow, thanks so much for commenting on TripAdvisor - we are humbled by your lovely feedback and delighted to know your stay was such a comfortable one and that you were blown away by the attention to detail. Thanks for highlighting our team members, especially Bryan and the Concierge team - everyone works extremely hard to ensure our guests are well looked after. They will be happy to read their efforts have not gone unnoticed. I am glad you and your fellow hens were able to take advantage of the spa and pool facilities - surely a good way to get rid of any streneous party after-feelings!
I hope to have the pleasure to welcome you back again shortly.
With kindest regards,

Reviewed 10 January 2018

Great check-in experience and lounge area in the lobby.

Rooms are spacious and extremely well decorated with oriental minimalistic taste.

The brunch is one of the best in the city and it keeps its reputation since the opening of the hotel. The dining experience is exquisite. Suckling pig is a must and there is a great selection of wines to pair the dishes.

The swimming pool and gym are a must-visit to take a break from the city buzz.

Overall experience is a true luxury to come back to the hotel after a busy day in the city. It feels like coming back to your home away from home.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled with friends
Jan_B_Tibaldi_Puli, General Manager at The PuLi Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 15 January 2018

Dear Guest,
Many thanks for taking the time to comment so graciously on TripAdvisor following your stay at The PuLi.
My team and I are so happy to read your stay was a complete success! From the great check-in experience to the spacious and extremely well decorated guest rooms with oriental minimalistic taste to the dining experience at Phenix eatery and bar. I am delighted you were able to take a break from the city buzz and make use of the gym and indoor infinity pool.
I hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to your home away from home in the near future. Please feel free to contact me should you need any assistance.

Reviewed 6 January 2018 via mobile

I went at the PuLi restaurant for the 1st of January brunch and I’ve had the most luscious brunch I’ve ever had. Obviously, you’re expecting something very good in a hotel of this standing, but it was beyond my expectations: the quality, the delicacy and the variety of the products; the presentation and the general atmosphere; the quality and the professionalism of the service; the kindness of the GM.
I highly recommend The PuLi restaurant!!

Stayed: January 2018
Jan_B_Tibaldi_Puli, General Manager at The PuLi Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 8 January 2018

Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for joining us at The PuLi for our Sunday Brunch!
I am so happy you had such a great experience at our Phenix eatery & bar and that you found some time to comment on it so enthusiastically on TripAdvisor!
The culinary and service members will be pleased to read your meal and service were beyond your expectations - I really appreciate you mentioning and highlithing your experience and look forward to have another opportunity to welcome you - perhaps even for a stay!?
Wishing you all the very best for a fabulous and exciting 2018!

Reviewed 29 December 2017

My room was spacious, with beautiful Asian details. Loved the spacious bathroom as part of the bigger room. Fitness room was well appointed and offered a nice view of the park. Breakfast each morning was very good.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
Jan_B_Tibaldi_Puli, General Manager at The PuLi Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 2 January 2018

Dear Guest,
Many thanks for your kind words of praise following your visit at The PuLi.
I am delighted to read you enjoyed all aspects of you visit, from your spacious room with Asian details to the large bathroom, to the well appointed gym facing the JingAn park to the breakfast spread at our Phenix eatery & bar.
My team and I certainly look forward to having you back in 2018!
Until then I remain,