US$148
Hotels.com
US$173
US$133
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$156/night.

US$152
US$117
  • Breakfast included
US$132
1,083 results
All reviewsnanjing roadexcellent locationpeople's squarestar hotelwalking distancegrand lobbyseparate toiletpedestrian mallrooms are hugeminute walkbreakfast buffetspent nightsconcierge staffpeople's parkmetro stopwonderful hotelexecutive floor
Reviewed 12 November 2017

One week stay plus another one night stay Oct 26th-Nov 6th time period while visiting my son who is studying abroad. Overall hotel felt super nice, classy and stately. Good points: Beds very comfortable. Spotless, shiny clean everywhere. Service excellent. Reception staff has some English skill for check in/out and questions. Arranged my taxi to airport successfully ($180 RMB). Can store luggage with concierge. Hotel is perfectly located essentially diagonally across the street from the Nanjing Rd East metro station (one minute walk). Fitness area and pool very nice. Had it all to myself. My ONLY inconvenience was that coffee is not free or available to brew in room ($7.50 USD for a 4 oz cup of coffee that was not good). Hot water kettle and tea packet available in room. Breakfast is $30 USD so we skipped it. Look for Wagas restaurant which is about a 2 minute walk for Western style coffees and really good breakfast for around $10 USD. Another close option is McDonalds. The McDonalds we saw in China are have a specialty coffee counter separate from regular food counter which is like a mini Starbucks for good cappuccino and lattes. There are two of them a few minutes walk from the hotel. Starbucks "coming soon" sign was also noted across the street from the Wagas restaurant. Dinner buffet was $45 USD but we never tried it as we were doing other things. It looked impressive from the balcony above. New to us was that the hotel room keycard goes in a slot near the door to power up the room and you have to swipe the keycard to make the elevator go up. There is a light switch kind of thing in the room near door for "do not disturb" or "make up room" that lets staff know your wishes. There is an umbrella, bathrobes, slippers and a safe in the room. They left Dove chocolates on the pillows every day.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank 1TravelNP
Reviewed 12 November 2017

After having an excellent tour experience in Vietnam and Cambodia in 2016, we decided to ask Bruce Peng from China Odessey Tours to develop an itinerary for us. Our first stop was Shanghai. The hotel that was booked for us was very central, within walking distance of the Bund and pedestrian mall, and beautifully appointed. Autumn our guide, spoke good English, and was very informative. The highlights for us ( group of 4 friends) was the Shanghai Urban Planning Exhibition Center, the Yu Gardens, and tea ceremony. The view across the Huangpu River at the Bund at night was worth the walk.

Stayed: October 2017
Reviewed 7 November 2017

This hotel was well located for my business in Shanghai. The rooms are a spacious, well appointed, comfortable & clean. Service was good and allowed restful accommodation away from business commitments.

Room Tip: from my experience any room would be fine
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 October 2017

I have stayed at this hotel for one day during business trip. Hotel location is excellent and close to Nanjing Walking street and subway of Nanjing east. Hotel has upgraded my room to executive suit due to non availability. Though I have to pay for only executive room Hotel I found expensive. Room interior and facilities are top class and there is not a single complaint about that. Only I found breakfast quality is dull. Breakfast spread was large but not impressive compared to other hotel in same category. Hotel must look at the live counter chef skills, they are not up to the mark and provide half cooked items. Juices are all cheap quality no freshly squeezed juices are available. No much choice for Vegetarian food.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 October 2017

This was our final hotel before leaving china. We only had 2 night to enjoy our stay and we did enjoy it. The room was very spacious and clean. I rained both days there and we broke our umbrella, but no worry there was one in our closet for us to use. They supplied 2 bottles of water each day which we used. The breakfast buffet was the only reason I did not give 5 stars. It felt like the buffet was an after thought as it was stuffed in the corner and not as big as it should have been. The selection of foods for both Asian and western was fair. The view from our window was great and I would go back again and stay there.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple