All reviews hailun road japanese restaurant metro station club room bund view business trip top floor the executive lounge four nights rain shower convenient location bund area buffet breakfast pudong airport miyabi taxi china
Reviewed 4 April 2012

This is our first time to this hotel , the property has a great location as it's about 10 minutes drive to the Bund using the underground tunnel and about 30 minutes drive from Shanghai HongQiao Airport. Upon our arrival, we were greated by a bellboy who assisted to open the car door but further assistance wasn't offered and he was rotating some cards on his hand waiting for us to get off.

At the check in counter, there are no eye contact nor greetings from the staffs. There is a group of 3 staffs chatting and laughing among them and looking at the screen on the other counter.While another lady was busy typing on her phone with her body lying against the counter. Not a very professional scene to watch at all.

The room are spacious and comfortable but we encountered defects on our toilet bowl as we can hear the water in the tank filling up for hours. The water preasure of the shower head was average. We constantly could hear a "tick" sound coming from the bathroom which we have no idea what caused it.

We also dine in for the Dim Sum and the food was average in term of taste and presentation. I could get better quality of food in Crystal Jade Restaurant But the staffs are quite nice and friendly although we oversee a staff playing games (Farmville etc) on the pc as the screen was facing us.

Overall, there is so much more room for improvement and i do look forward that these will change the next time we stay.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
Sheraton_Hongkou, Manager at Sheraton Shanghai Hongkou Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2012

Dear Littlewormmy,

Thank you for your comments and at the same time I would like to apologize for the unpleasant experiences which you had at our property. I really do believe that the first impression is crucial in our business and hence the check in process has to be at a superior standard. Please accept my sincere apologies.

I can assure you that we have addressed these issues internally and we have already taken some actions.

I would be grateful to you if you could drop me an email so that I could get some more details.

Hopefully we can welcome you back in the near future and personally I would like to look after your well being.

Nitin

Reviewed 1 April 2012

This is a modern, high quality hotel. The room was spacious, and very well appointed. The front desk was most courteous, and had good English. They provided a useful card in English & Chinese with the hotel address & phone number - this is so useful in event of getting lost, and I would have appreciated it from other hotels in China! It even had a list of possible destinations & a small neighbourhood map. The breakfast buffet was almost too long to get around - it had Western and Chinese food. The hotel is well located close to the city centre and just across from a subway station.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Sheraton_Hongkou, Manager at Sheraton Shanghai Hongkou Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2012

Dear ChrisOntario.Canada,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on tripadvisor.com. Our rooms are spacious and the modern design definitely gives the room a special touch.

Please contact me whenever you plan to visit us again, so that I could personally take care of your room allocation.

Sheraton Shanghai Hongkou

Reviewed 27 March 2012

Big thanks to sheraton hongkou team. Excellent service. Thanks to the small dutch guy in the restaurant who have given me outstanding service. Other staff very polite and friendly. A great escape from my hectic life. I felt so welcome here. Fabulous fabulous will definitely come again.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Richard K

Dear Richard K,

Thank you for sharing your experiences during your recent stay at our property. It is really good to see that you had a wonderful stay and that we were able to go the extra mile.

Please contact me whenever you plan to visit us again.

Reviewed 27 March 2012

Never having been to China before, this was a wonderful first experience. The hotel itself was very good. I felt very welcome there and there service was great, I had a lovely stay.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family

Dear mai b,

Thank you for the comment and we all are glad that we were able to impress you.

Please contact me whenever you plan to visit us again.

Reviewed 23 March 2012

Our group of four including my wife and my brother in law and his wife, had a great time in Shanghai. We were warmly welcomed by the office manager, Raymond Xu. We had a great room overlooking the river and the city. The windows open up to a spectacular view where you can see several people doing tai-chi early in the morning amid the runs of the subway trains nearby. The concierge comes up to you everytime you walk up to the lobby and asks if there is anything they can do for you. They are very helpful especially if you want to find an address or just a place to shop. The breakfast menu, though needs to be improved. The bed is cozy and makes me want to stay longer in bed. When I go back to Shanghai, I will definitely go back to Sheraton Hongkou.

Room Tip: We had a corner premium room on the 15th floor. Its got a very nice view.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank JunOfCebuPhl

Dear JunOfCebuPhl,

Thank you for your review and I have passed your great comments to Raymond as well! Raymond is well known for going the extra mile and he is really setting an example for others.

Please let me know whenever you plan to visit us again.