“Great stay!”

Ranked #83 of 5,222 Hotels in Shanghai
Reviewed 10 July 2017

Me and my girlfriend stayed here for a week. We lived on the 42nd floor, had a great view over the city and got acess to the breakfast on the 50th floor (or something like that). Great beds, great room, great breakfast, great stay.

Room Tip: Get a room on the "bund" side
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
David C, General Manager at Sheraton Shanghai Hongkou Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2017

Dear Kninsh,

Reviewed 18 June 2017 via mobile

Staying over the weekend while in Shanghai

Great breakfast selection as in Asian and western, western food a bit less but great

Rooms clean and quite

The only downside are the staff does not speak Englisch nor understand.
In many local Chinese hotel during the previous week, more staff spoke Englisch then here

Something to improve by the management

Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
David C, General Manager at Sheraton Shanghai Hongkou Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2017

Dear landueli,

Thank you for taking time to share your wonderful feedback with us.

We are pleased to learn that your stay with us was an enjoyable, comfortable experience and that your high expectations were met on a variety of services and amenities that were available to you. Also we will focus on training of employee's language skill to bring you a better experience next time.

Reviewed 18 June 2017 via mobile

Stayed here four nights in June 2017. Was in a double room with a colleague on the 16th floor. Room was clean, spacious, and new with attractive decor. The bathroom was bright and spacious -- perfect.

Beds were comfortable and as I expected from a Sheraton.

Breakfast is great -- wide selections of items in an attractive buffet restaurant.

Hotel Wi-Fi was not as fast as I had hoped. A tad slow to be honest, but usable nevertheless.

I made use of the gym, which is open 24 hours. A great convenience for jet lagged travelers.

My major gripe about this hotel is the clothes irons. When I began ironing my clothes before a meeting and pressed the steam button on the iron, a bunch of small plastic pellets shot out from the steam holes of the iron. It seemed to be residue from the factory, and the iron had evidently never been used before. I checked the brand of iron, and it was some Chinese company I had never heard of. It felt cheap and of low build quality. I expect much better from Sheraton and am disappointed they chose to purchase such cheap irons for their rooms.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business

Dear CharlieMSD,

Thank you for taking time to share your wonderful feedback with us.

We are pleased to learn that your stay with us was an enjoyable, comfortable experience and that your high expectations were met on a variety of services and amenities that were available to you. About the shortcomings, we wiil try our best to improve and hopefully we could bring you a better experience when you next arrival.

Reviewed 17 June 2017

As a frequent business traveler in Asia, I have the pleasure of staying in many top hotels. Unfortunately, the Sheraton Hongkou is not one that I would return to. The actual hotel looks nice and well equipped. The praises end there though. The first night, I was given a room on the 28th floor only to spend the evening sweating as the AC did not work despite being programmed to the highest setting. I called the front desk and they brought a technician out to look at it, he fiddled around, called it fixed and then I commenced to sweating again. I finally requested another room and they set me up on the 20th floor which was better, but still not great. The entire hotel smells stuffy and moldy from the hallways, to the elevators, to the rooms, and my new room was no different. I was also disappointed with the buffet. The breakfast selection is limited and frankly not very good. I tried to have dinner there one night as well but was turned away by the staff because they couldn't find a TABLE FOR 1 - let that sink in. After being denied seating in the restaurant, I went downstairs to ask for local recommendations. They recommended only the hotel restaurants. When I asked for something outside the hotel, they said that the area had no restaurants other than a McDonald's about 500m away from the hotel. Finally, the hotel staff has no concept of time as they stopped by my room on two separate nights at 11:30 PM - to ask a question or deliver something that I didn't ask for. The only other positive is that the hotel is near a subway line, but you are honestly better off trying to find a nice place near Nanjing Road (which is the same line) than staying here. The service was horrible, the hotel stinks, and the stay was generally uncomfortable across the board. I will not be back.

Room Tip: Get a lower floor if you want AC that works
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
David C, General Manager at Sheraton Shanghai Hongkou Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2017

Dear owemik,

Thank you for sharing your valuable comment with us.

We are disappointed to know that you had an dissatisfied experience in our hotel regarding the buffet and dinner. With respect to your comment, our kitchen team is now working on a more effective way to serve guests as well as improve our food quality.

We, at Sheraton Shanghai Hongkou, strive to provide our guests with the highest quality of service and hospitality, and we look forward to having you stay with us again in the future.

Reviewed 31 May 2017

First and foremost I am an American Businesswoman traveling to Shanghai China. My company booked this hotel on the local recommendation; the location was very close to downtown Shanghai and the room itself was amazing. I stayed here for a total of 2 weeks and really I couldn't have been any more comfortable than I was.

Overall, my stay was very enjoyable and comfortable. Almost all the staff speaks English, the Concierge and Front Desk were very accommodating. My room was very comfortable and had an amazing view, I was up on the 26th floor; out of 37 total.

Breakfast was included in my stay, buffet breakfast style, there were many options both Chinese breakfast and American. Tons of fruit, pastry, and hot breakfast options.

There were also three restaurants located inside the hotel, so if you were unfamiliar with the local area you could always find a good place to eat near your accommodations. On the 2nd floor was 'Feast' which is also where you have breakfast. Then you have on the 4th floor if I remember correctly, 'Yuei' a Chinese restaurant, and lastly up on the 37th floor with a lounge area and bar you have 'Miyabi' a Japanese restaurant.

The bathroom in the room was very large and relaxing, with a full-size tub and shower with a rainfall faucet. The bed itself was very comfortable and inviting, -- get the King size bed -- I'm serious! It is delightful!

Room Tip: "Great view!" "Comfortable bed!" "Good restaurant!" "Floors 20 an...
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business
David C, General Manager at Sheraton Shanghai Hongkou Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2017

Dear Lori R,

Thank you for taking time to share your wonderful feedback with us.

We are pleased to learn that your stay with us was an extremely enjoyable, comfortable experience and that your high expectations were met on a variety of services and amenities that were available to you.