US$109
Free cancellation until 27/07
US$171
US$131
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$156/night.

US$131
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$145/night.

Free cancellation until 29/07
US$151
US$114
US$110
US$100
US$98
US$75
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$84/night.

US$215
US$159
  • Restaurant
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 15 October 2015

Bases on 4 stars standard yet 3 Stars or even lower pricing hotel. Located at he hub of a middle class residential area. Surrounded with restaurants,dinning places, 24hour convenience stores etc.Best for business group travelers.

Room Tip: Higher floor executive suits shall be good for senior staff or family where kitchen facilities are available..
  • Stayed: October 2015, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 June 2015

Nothing to write much about this hotel as my experience in this hotel was bad and I will never recommend this to anybody neither I am going to come back here,very rude receptionist,no english understanding or speaking skill,don't expect any breakfast here,no courtesy for the staffs on the service to the guests etc..the list goes on..Oh yes you will get for what you pay and I am not going to do this mistake again!

• Stayed: May 2015, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 March 2015

Overall, I liked this hotel, and I'll be happy to stay here again.

First, the rooms themselves are clean, maybe about 20 - 30 square meters in size (or at least mine was), and the room/bathroom fixtures are contemporary. There was no carpet on the floor, but the wood laminate on the floor was reasonably warm in the winter, so I wasn't really uncomfortable.

Second, we paid a corporate rate, so I was concerned that I was going to stay at a low-quality, ancient 2 star hotel, but the hotel actually felt like a 4 star hotel that had been recently renovated.

We had a lot of business to conduct in multiple locations throughout Shanghai, so the location of this hotel didn't really matter. It was reasonably surrounded by multiple customers and partners that we had to visit, so it was a good location.

Worth pointing out that as of my visit (March 10 - 13) this hotel is called the Hotel Huazhu 华住酒店 (the Hanting Hotel's parent company I think,).

I like to run, and brought my running stuff with me to run on a treadmill if they had one. I didn't find one in the hotel. I wasn't up to running outside on the street, but i'll probably do that in the future.

There is a breakfast/lounge area, and the hotel offer's free coffee and tea in the lounge, but that's about all the free stuff. There is a vending machine in the lounge that has multiple western/Chinese selections, but I ended up snacking out of the convenience store next door. I'm not a person that has to have an enormous breakfast, but I must have coffee, which the Huazhu/Hanting provide in the room. Its Nescafe, and I'm not a coffee gourmet.

My spoken Chinese is passable, but the staff's English was good, so foreigners that speak English shouldn't have a problem checking in or out.

Taxi drivers don't really know the place, so its definitely something where you should print out instructions on this website on the location of this hotel. Once I did that, taking the taxi from the HongQiao train station was no problem. Some taxi drivers seemed to know the street, but your best bet if you don't speak Chinese is just to print out the map with the address in Chinese, and you'll be fine.

I stayed in a room on the front corner. There's construction going on at a site across the street, but not at night. I know a previous reviewer mentioned construction noise, but the noise from the site seemed to go on during business hours, and wasn't that loud. There wasn't noise in the hotel from a renovation while I was staying there.

I'd almost consider this a family friendly hotel, but I have kids under 10, and getting them fed in a hotel dining area seems the easiest thing to do. Eating out while traveling and doing the tourist thing is no problem in this hotel, but I at least like to know what the kids will eat for breakfast.

Again, I see myself having to travel to Shanghai again for business, and i'll be happy to stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2015, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 April 2014

I was in Shanghai and my friend in Shanghai booked me into this hotel. its a small and cosy hotel. Its a 3 star hotel.

At check in, the receptionist were friendly with the check in and provided me with the password for the complimentary WIFI internet.

There are only 2 elevators in this hotel and its a bit slow during peak hours and there is security scan inside the elevator to get it to your floor which is good. The rooms are fairly large with a desk to work on. Coffee / tea making facilities available but my surprise was that there are no safes in the room. Hence you need to keep your valuables in the safe in the reception or locked them in your luggage carefully. The bathroom in the room is small, only showers available.

Breakfast was on the 24 floor and there was a mix of Chinese and western breakfast which was sufficient. coffee during breakfast was bad.. the complimentary coffee in the lobby area is much better.

Do take note that the complimentary WIFI is limited to 4 hours use only. after that you need to resign in to join the Hanting group of hotels as a member to get more hours to use the WIFI. Signal is good.

Location of the hotel is good as you are quite close to the shopping streets and dinning area of Shanghai.

Room Tip: do try and get a mid level floor like between 10 and 16 so that you don't have to wait too long for the elevator. Room facing the back of the hotel is better as its quieter and you might not hear the city bus coming pass the main road in front of the hotel
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 December 2013

you'd pay a lot more for somewhere as good but a little more central than this in shanghai. clean, fairly spacious and a reasonable location. would defintely use again and recommend to anyone just looking for a decent hotel.