“So far ...best western meal in Shanghai”

Lingo Restaurant and Wine Bar
Ranked #1,263 of 17,600 Restaurants in Shanghai
Price range: US$10 - US$25
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: People’s Square
Reviewed 18 February 2015

I've been to Lingo a few times. It's been a while, I have to go back soon.
The restaurant is cozy and relaxed. Sometimes I go alone or with a friend. We usually have friendly and efficient service. I order a cheese fondue. It is decadent and takes you to heaven and back. So far, I've tried the steak, the soups and different desserts. I like it all, but really recommend the cheese fondue.

There's a lot of restaurant in Shanghai, but I like to go back to this one. I love French food for it's quality and creativity. I'm never disappointed when I go to Lingo. So far, they have kept a high standard each time I've went there. I really don't mind paying more for quality food !

Thanks Ciro's ~.~

Reviewed 9 March 2014

The eatery was crowded and most diners were not there for restaurant week but were regulars.

We had the tuna and French pate for starters and the tuna was especially good. We both had the duck penne as mains, and the dish was tasty too. The desserts were so-so though, and the chocolate mousse was not that good. We also ordered a latte, and it was very weak.

We had some difficulty getting service initially due to the crowds, but thereafter it was okay.

Definitely a nice place to have a casual meal on weekends.

Reviewed 3 February 2014

Sadly I cannot support the earlier reviews of this restaurant. We chose to dine at lingo bistrot having eaten at the owners other restaruant in Suzhou ( which was outstanding!)

We ate on the Monday evening of the spring break which may have impacted the service - but it was truly dreadful .

We ordered beer - didn't have ANY beer. Went with a martini - awful ( un-drinkable) so ordered water . We selected the shared rib eye ( looked delicious on the menu). What was presented was not rib eye - it was a an over cooked fatty "steak"

When they served it we had to ask for plates to eat off of. There was more meat we couldn't eat than could.
Sorry to say we left hungry and dissappointed

1  Thank russkat22
Reviewed 2 January 2014

i went to the restaurant with my gf,there are very good food and good service.the beef tastes so good.the salad is too much vegetables i love it.i will come again.

2  Thank debbie y
Reviewed 17 December 2013

Been there many times for both lunch and dinner. Set menus are very affordable and what you have in your plate is really good value. I took the duck, really tasty and delicious. What I like the most is the lamp on the ceiling. Dessert I took the chocolate fondant. So nice.