Free cancellation until 04/08
Hotels.com
US$82
US$68
Savings alert! 28% below average rates

The price you found is 28% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$95/night.

US$111
Free cancellation until 05/08
US$150
US$114
Free cancellation until 03/08
US$171
US$131
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$156/night.

US$146
Free cancellation until 04/08
US$131
Hotels.com
1,050 results
All reviewspudong avenuepremier loungerevolving restaurantsquare restaurantaccor hotelsthe financial districtmetro stationspoke good englishbusiness tripnice hotelcorner roomexecutive floormy colleaguehuangpu riverrooms are cleanchinese restaurantspecial thanks
Reviewed 7 November 2017

Good ambiance at the desk front. Helping staff. Lobby staff knows English. No restaurant at walking distance. Night walking on road is scary as no people around. Staff helps getting taxi at Hotel gate.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank DrShetkar
Alison C, Guest Experience Manager at Novotel Shanghai Atlantis, responded to this reviewResponded 9 November 2017

Dear TripAdvisor user DrShetkar,

Warm Greetings from the Novotel Shanghai Atlantis!

We would like to thank you for taking the time to share your review of your recent stay in our hotel.

Your kind comment serve as a motivation for our entire team. It is our earnest endeavor to provide our guests with a comfortable and pleasant stay and we are very happy that you enjoyed every aspect of it with us.

Thank you for choosing our hotel and we look forward to welcome you back in a near future.

Reviewed 4 November 2017

I always enjoy my stay at this hotel in Shanghai. It is ideally located for he business I do and the staff conditions and amenities are suited to my needs. I particularly like the consierge who have always assisted when I have a need or two

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Alison C, Guest Experience Manager at Novotel Shanghai Atlantis, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2017

Dear TripAdvisor user JohnmI1381VX,

Warm Greetings from the Novotel Shanghai Atlantis!

We would like to thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us at the Novotel Shanghai Atlantis.

It is a real pleasure for us to read that you always enjoy your stay in our hotel and that the services of our staffs and the amenities were at par your expectations. Your compliments have been received with gratitude from the concierge team and they would like to thank you for your support.

We look forward to welcome you back to our hotel and thank you again for your nice review.

Reviewed 2 November 2017

I and my wife spent 3 nights at Novotel Shanghai Atlantis at superior room executive floor. Receptions are great warm welcome. I was offered Nespresso and soft--drink. This help a lot after a long transfer from Beijing. They also give me a travel map and explain attraction spot, what a great service here. It is all the good thing here.

After I got key room on 31 floor, I realized that my room is not on executive floor and the worst is... it is the lowest guest floor. I'm not sure it is superior room or standard room but it make me feel so bad with this hotel. Even the benefit letter for executive room is not given to me. I know nothing about benefit here.

Room is clean. Even hotel mention that room is fully renovated but I think it could be better than this.

I had breakfast at premiere lounge for all 3 days. Food variety and quality is better than Novotel Beijing. Service is confused. I went for happy hour at premiere lounge on last day. There are many kinds of alcoholic drink and hot dish. The bad thing is there is no refreshment during afternoon, no dessert, no soft drink and no snack here.

Location is okay for me about 5 minutes walk from subway. The walk path is under construction but nothing to worry about that. There is big supermarket and some local restaurants near hotel.

I will not recommend to this hotel to my friends.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank kijchaic2017
Alison C, Guest Experience Manager at Novotel Shanghai Atlantis, responded to this reviewResponded 3 November 2017

Dear TripAdvisor user kijchaic2017,

Warm Greetings from the Novotel Shanghai Atlantis!

We would like to thank you for sharing your comment regarding your recent stay in the Novotel Shanghai Atlantis.

We are delighted to read that our service at front desk was up to your expectation and that our staff welcomed you warmly and explained to you the different sightseeing places in Shanghai.

However, we would like to take this opportunity to sincerely apologize for the regrettable experience you had with the room. Unfortunately, our hotel was fully booked during that week and as you requested a room with the TV Tower view, the room on the 31st floor was the only one available. On our Executive floors, only river view rooms were available. We would also like to apologize that the Executive benefits were not made aware to you. Actually, in our Premier Lounge, for the Happy hour, you will be able to enjoy free alcoholic and non alcoholic drinks and snacks and during the day, you can only enjoy tea and coffee.

Once again, we are really sorry for the inconvenience caused during your stay and we hope you will give us the opportunity to better serve next time you are in Shanghai.

Reviewed 30 October 2017

I'm coming to this hotel on a regular basis and I have been very disappointed about my stay. As a premium member of the Accord Group, I was staying for 3 nights on the 46th floor in the room 4619.
Overnight the rooms was spelling very badly something putrid from the bathroom(sewers ?) ... This was very unpleasant ...
After the second night I have been complaining ... Even though I was offered to change the room (I refused as I was leaving at 3 am on the next day and I did not want to pack and unpack again), I have been surprised to hear : "we know the problem, this is something usual on the 46th floor" ...
So in that case, why do you rent the rooms ? Why do you put your premium guest in such a condition ?
Unless a real compensation from the hotel, I will never be back. My next travel is in 4 weeks from now ...

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Alison C, Guest Experience Manager at Novotel Shanghai Atlantis, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2017

Dear TripAdvisor user Andre L,

Warm Greetings from the Novotel Shanghai Atlantis!

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us.

We would like to take this opportunity to apologize for the regrettable experience you had during your stay in our hotel. We are very sorry to hear that an unpleasant smell was coming through the drain in your bathroom. Unfortunately, the building was facing a piping problem; that is the reason why there was a strong smell in the bathrooms. Please rest assured that the Management is looking into the problem and this will be part of next year’s renovation.
For the disappointment you encountered and in future, if you were to return again, the Management will be more than happy to upgrade your room and make sure you have a pleasant stay in our hotel.

Once again, we appreciate you sharing your concerns, and hope that you will give us the opportunity to better serve you in future.

Reviewed 25 October 2017 via mobile

My brothers visa was denied, novotel Atlantis Shanghai moved paid booking to oct 2018 but wants us to pay almost 180USD for a 110USD room online. Not fair treatment, we had not control on Chinese visa.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Alison C, Guest Experience Manager at Novotel Shanghai Atlantis, responded to this reviewResponded 26 October 2017

Dear TripAdvisor user Victor W,

Warm Greetings from the Novotel Shanghai Atlantis!

Thank you for sharing your comment with us at Novotel Shanghai Atlantis.

We regret to hear that you were not satisfied with your booking experience with our hotel. We are sorry to inform you that your original booking for beginning of this month, October 2017 has a no refund, no cancellation and no modification policy as per the website from which you booked. The Management was more than happy to help you and agreed to keep this booking until your next visit to Shanghai in October 2018 but as this is a high season for the hotel, the price will be different. This is the reason why, the Management informed you that you will have to pay the difference according to our day mark rate at that period.

We thank you for your understanding and thank you again for sharing your comment.