All reviews nanjing road great location people's square minute walk sister hotel pedestrian mall walking street people's park main shopping comfortable beds buffet breakfast stayed for nights speak english chinese food pudong airport excellent hotel metro station
Reviewed 3 October 2018

Clean, modern and central with a decent bed and good air conditioning as we were there in July. Breakfast is well worth the extra, so I'd include it if you have that option. Front staff were helpful and friendly and their english was not to bad either. Easy walking distance to Nanjing Road Pedestrian Street which is a safe shared pedestrian and cycle way for all sorts of shopping and food which leads up to the river, which is well worth the look. I'd stay there again.

Date of stay: July 2018
Reviewed 2 October 2018

While the decor looks outdated, the hotel room was spacious and sooooo comfortable. I was especially happy with the size of the bathroom (definitely good for a vain woman). The hotel is conveniently located - minutes from the Nanjing East Road subway station and walking distance to the Bund. Would love to return when I visit Shanghai again.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 28 September 2018

This hotel is in a fabulous location. It is adjacent to a lovely pedestrian mall on Nanjing Road. It is also within walking distance of the Bund. It is also near the Metro. The hotel is clean and well maintained traditional hotel.
As a guest at the hotel you have access to a lovely pool at the hotel across the road. I happily walked over the road in my Hotel robe, through the lobby of the adjacent hotel and to the pool.
It is a popular and busy hotel.
The hotel does not tolerate smoking - which is fantastic. I found that in some of the other Chinese hotels, smoking was tolerated - which is horrible.
I found the staff to be friendly and helpful. The staff also spoke English well - which was much appreciated.
The breakfasts are nice with a huge range of both Chinese and Western options.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 September 2018

We recently had a week in Shanghai and recommend the Central Hotel. Rooms are good and staff helpful, but its location is what we found as its best attribute. Walking distance to a large pedestrian mall with shops and food courts and also the Bund. We also found the MRT easy to use but very busy. Please be warned China has banned Google so have alternatives for your internet use and emails.

Date of stay: August 2018
Reviewed 20 September 2018 via mobile

This hotel is incredibly central with Nanjing pedestrian street just across the road, the Bund a 15 minute walk away and the metro about 5 min walk. The hop on hop off bus tour also goes past the hotel and there is a stop close by. So great location if you have limited time in the city. The room was spacious, amazing bathroom and very comfortable beds. The staff were a bit abrupt with limited English but were friendly enough for what we needed them for. One con would be the wifi where you need a chinese mobile number to use it. We managed to get by with roaming but it was a bit annoying. Overall I would definitely stay here again if we visited Shanghai again.

Trip type: Travelled with friends