All reviews shanghai indoor stadium wendy wu star hotel complimentary toiletries breakfast was buffet style room furniture large comfortable bed metro station bit dated breakfast was excellent nice hotel chinese options hotel is located shopping mall stayed here for nights the breakfast area lobby bar
Reviewed 26 October 2015

Service is good. Breakfast is awesome. Room a little old(old tvs, old furniture, old bathroom, etc). Buffet price a little expensive, but still ok.
But I recommend the hotel, if you want a affordable 5 stars. I paid around 100usd at 17th floor(1 breakfast included).
Its also very near to subway station(easy to get to anyplace).

Stayed: October 2015
angela z, Manager at Hua Ting Hotel & Towers, responded to this reviewResponded 5 November 2015

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to post your comment on TRIPADVISOR. We are pleased to learn that you enjoyed your stay here.
We take pride in offering high standards of service at all times, and your comments will certainly encourage us in our pursuit of excellence. Please accept our sincere appreciation.
We look forward to welcoming you back to Shanghai Hua Ting Hotel & Towers in the near future!

Reviewed 25 October 2015

I stayed at this hotel for 5 days and it was horrible.

The bathroom was dirty and not clean at all. They have issues with hot water and the wifi system sucks. It never works.

The staff do not help and just are not bothered.

I would NOT advice any foreigner to stay here.

Stayed: October 2015, travelled on business
1  Thank Antonio M

Thank you for taking the time to post your comment on TRIPADVISOR.

We regret to learn that you were not completely satisfied with your recent stay with us. Please accept our sincere apologies.

We will address the shortcomings you brought to our attention and actions necessary to rectify the problem will be taken. Your comments are much appreciated for feedback likes yours enables us to identify opportunities to improve our standards of service.

We sincerely hope that you will treat your most recent experience as an exception and allows us another opportunity to be of your service to you.

Respectfully yours

Reviewed 22 October 2015

The reviews and pictures for this hotel are very misleading. I checked in at the front desk, and at the time was having some issues with my credit card working while in China. The room was paid in full, but they wanted a $100 US dollar deposit or $1000 RMB- that math didn't quite add up. Thankfully I was with someone that spoke the language, so they negotiated it down to $600. The front desk clerk seemed annoyed but honored that deposited.

The room itself was OK. The hotel looks like it was very high end when originally built, but now has just become a bit dingy. This was most reflected in the rooms. The bath fixtures were rusty and the grout was moldy. The room had a smokey, musty smell. I went to use the shower that evening and the drain plug was broken so it wouldn't drain properly. Again, the hotel staff seemed annoyed and bothered when I called to have someone come fix it so that I could take a shower.

In terms of location, it's not great. Right off an interstate, so it's difficult to get taxis and a long subway ride to the main sightseeing areas. None of the main Shanghai attractions are walking distance. Which is what I was looking for, as I was only here a few days and wanted the convenience.

The last item that pushed me over the edge and made me book a new hotel and move after just one night was the Internet. The wifi is terrible! I could barely get a signal and it would drop after 2 min. So frustrating! When traveling, I avoid roaming by only connecting to wifi, so not having a reasonable connection is crippling.

The next morning I packed up my bags and moved to another hotel near people's square- so much more convenient.

Room Tip: Be near the bund or people's park if you're here for sightseeing.
  • Stayed: October 2015, travelled solo
1  Thank Lisa O

Reviewed 29 September 2015 via mobile

I visited China for a business purpose and stayed at this hotel for 4 nights. Once entered, wow.. what a lobby, spectacular view. But the trouble begin when our group check in. It took a very long time to check in. Plus we have a communication issues where we just can communicate in English and they speak not very good English. Their staff only can say a very little English, once i asked them where the restroom was, but they did not understand what restroom or toilet means!! Second thing, the wi fi.. ohhhh it is very superb!! SUPERB SLOW!! c mon.. this is a 5 stars hotel. And their wi fi signal is not stable and very weak. Once we entered the room, the signal get lost, and we must go to the alley to get the signal. Third, the room. Hahaha i wonder if this is a 5 stars hotel or 3 stars hotel. Room is not spacious. The bed is humid, the pillow is the most uncomfortable pillow I've ever had. Fourth, the bathroom. Hello Huating Hotels, could you check the room 1545 for its closet? Why the closet colored like that in the middle? I don't want to take a picture there. And their drainage. It took very long time for the water to drain from the bathtub! Overall is not a good experience here. Considering this is a 5 stars hotel. But i think they are old hotel. They should renovate it. That is not i expected for 5 stars hotel. Feels like a 3 stars or even 2 stars hotel. Their breakfast is okay, with a variety of food, from western to asian, but the menu is SAME everyday. It get bored if you stay for a long time. And this is the ridiculous part of the breakfast, my room is twin bed for 2 person, but the breakfast is only for 1 person!! I can't find the logic here, the room for 2 people but the breakfast is for one? The other one have to pay and expensive breakfast!!
I'm sorry for all my negative comments, but it really below my expectation here at this 5 stars hotel. Hopefully they can improve their property and service in the future.

Stayed: September 2015, travelled on business

Reviewed 28 September 2015

I gave this hotel a poor rather than terrible rating only because the staff was so very friendly and helpful. The lobby is very modern and impressive. That was the only impressive thing about this hotel Our room had very worn out furniture that was just plain shabby. The bathroom was tiny, with very significant mildew stains in the grout. All of the other hotels we staid at during this visit to China had stall showers. This hotel did not. The commode was also badly stained. The location is very bad for tourists, but it is right across from a metro stop. Otherwise you need to take a taxi to see any of the main Shanghai tourist or shopping areas, that is if you can get a cab. Because of where the hotel fronts, cabs don't frequent the hotel entrance. It can take 20 - 30 minutes for the doorman to get one for you. Overall, this is not a hotel that I would recommend for tourism.

Room Tip: Judging from the condition of our room I would guess that there are no good rooms.
  • Stayed: September 2015, travelled with family