I stayed in majesty plaza for five nights in october 2011. am taking all this time to write the reviews as i know being a solo traveller for the first time, how much is this helpful. shanghai: was visiting for the first time that too alone. had done a lot of research before traveling on trip advisor and that really helped me. firstly, my conference was near youhua road, quite far near the china pavilion. the hotel, again too far from the airport. but the connectivity to the city it has is too good. firstly, i landed to pudong airport at 8.30 in the evening it took me 9.15 to come out of the airport. well, i read in one of the reviews before i left that the last metro train from pudong airport leaves at 9. so i was quite sure that i will have to catch a taxi to reach my hotel. it was quite easy to catch, money would have been around 150-200 rmb as advised by few travellers. but in the night the rates may vary. but i inquired and came to know that the last metro leaves at 10 in the night. so i had enough time to catch line 2 straight to east najing road station and reach the hotel.
took the train, but unfortunately took a wrong exit out of the station and then got lost in shanghai at night 10.45 p.m. well, it was bit scary as the exit which i took might be some of the minor roads and there were few romeos roaming in the street. they tried to follow me with some indecent proposals, but make sure u never even see them. fortunately, after 15 mins of brisk walking and inquiring minimum five times, could reach my hotel. well, the hotel is quite good, big and when i reached, my chek in was fast. but few things about the hotel.
1) i was given a room 2410-A. was wandering what does A mean. it was on 24th floor, so i reached, saw only 2410 room. so opened it, and found two doors next to each other. 2410-A and 2410-B. ridiculous i thought as whenever me or the guest in the other room would come or go, will have to open two doors and that used to make a lot of noise. well, didnt bother much as was out whole day and stayed in the hotel for the short time.
2) staff too good and helpful but not smiling at all.
3) for the breakfast, i was greeted by the girl standing at the door again with no smile and used to jump on asking the room number than any courteous things. but was fine with that as its pretty much in shanghai not to smile or greet as we do in other places or other hotels.
4) breakfast was very good.
5) room service too good and worth a stay.
6) they ask for the credit card or the cash as a security even though i had paid the full amount of my stay many days earlier
7) so when i checked out, they did the formalities and told me that i am done and i can leave. i had to remind them about my deposits i had given via credit card. and then they returned me back. so make sure, you get all your things back.
8) otherwise the hotel's location too good. in the middle of the nanjing road, wow.....amazing.
subway, costa coffee, dumkin donuts, jamaica blues just at the ground floor of the hotel. macdonals and pizza hut just opposite to the hotel....what else you want for food, being a traveller. starbucks one building away.....nothing better than this. am a pure vegeterian so was very choosy about my food before i left. so, subway could offer veggie delight, mac could offer french fries and icecreams, dumkin donuts could offer me veg as well.....
9) well, being a male single traveler, was offered a lot of indecent proposals. as soon as i used to get out of the hotel, was offered massage and females and what not. it was quite annoying to everytime you come out and listen this. but make sure that you don't interact with those guys or girls to even say "no" or else you might hear something bad from those guys.....
10) loved the hotel very much. two exits of the hotel. you go left and there is peoples square metro station and you go right there is east najing road station. peoples square carries line 1, 2 and 8 and so i had chosen this hotel as line 2 takes to pudong airport and line 8 would take me to youhua road to my conference.
11) concierge was very helpful and did write the chines for me and that was pretty helpful.
overall its a good hotel but few fascilities you would expect from a four star hotel so would not appreciate that much.
surely a very good hotel that would make anyone to think of staying again at this hotel when he or she comes back......
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This luxurious business class hotel, situated four kilometers from the Shanghai Railway Station, is close to Nanjing Road. Guests will enjoy proximity to the Oriental Pearl Tower, the Bund, Shanghai Grand Theater, Shanghai Government Building, and the People’s Square. The 387 modern guestrooms are adorned with ultra trendy decorations and new furnishings that are comfortable and colored with soothing... ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Ctrip TA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Majesty Plaza Shanghai reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Majesty Plaza Shanghai Hotel Shanghai
- Majesty Plaza Hotel Shanghai
- Ramada Shanghai
- Ramada Plaza Shanghai
- Shanghai Ramada