1,415 results
All reviews rooftop bar retreat room round bath huangpu river spa treatments rooms are amazing city skyline equipped rooms world class hotel a short taxi ride across the river beautiful hotel house keeping guest rooms chinese restaurant rain shower the pearl
Reviewed 17 September 2018

Thank you, thank you, thank you for all. We are very happy. Thank you very mutch. It was very great for us and we 100% come back to this very fine and excellent hotel at the Bund from Shanghai. Dankeschön aus Deutschland

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 17 September 2018 via mobile

OK — so we escaped our ‘mini ones’ for a couple days - and i really wanted to treat my wife to some well deserved R & R —

Having dated my wife at the Banyan tree in Bangkok many years ago - the rooftop bar and impressive service left a great impression —

So here’s what’s great about shanghai banyan tree:

People:

Louis — the door man ! Thanks for suggesting some amazing and hard to find places for us to dine — lovely chap — attentive and charming - cheers !

Toby — an excellent manager — very well mannered — he helped with our bags and was checking people in — seemed incredibly experienced and very quick off the mark —

He politely received our suggestions — and genuinely took note
( i should say also i left my battery charger at the hotel .... we called him from the airport and he posted it to us straight away )

The rooms:

Gorgeous — the house keeping are polite and considerate - -
Rooms clean and organised —
With an awesome —- BIG round Bath — that overlooks the Bund —

I really like the room layout and interior atmospheric and peaceful —

And here’s what could be better .....

The ‘Topps bar’ was actually one of the main visual selling points — and the view incredible

The staff are undergoing training as Toby the manager advised me and thanked us for the feedback
Which was:

The roof bar we were told opens at 2.30pm however 3.30pm they are still setting out cushions and hauling furniture around - for the hour or so i was there the staff still hadn’t straightened out the chairs or wiped the tables down - except for the one i was sitting at after searching for someone then asking twice -

Gin and Tonic Bombay on the terrace and the view is exceptional —

The young ladies behind the bar were not attentive and hid behind the tills chatting -
I asked to order several times walking around trying to find someone that could take interest -

I asked the table to be wiped down - -or at least remove the sticky circles of past drinks and some crumbs off — it was as if I’d cursed !!!

Asked for a stirrer for my G & T and i got a green Starbucks straw — the glass was a muggy - however when mentioned he tuned out waitress just walked off —

SUMMARY —

The Banyan tree hotel is exceptional clean organised and well appointed and the staff are attentive and talented

— the roof top bar IS the cherry on the top for this hotel and its location — we may of got a bad day but some basics to address at the TOPPS roof bar —

Reviewed 13 September 2018

I have no idea why and how this hotel is the Number One Hotel in the Trip Advisor?
I went to the Banyan Tree on the Bund several times recently, mostly for business. First of all, the wi-fi is terrible. It doesn't work. It's so frustrating and time consuming. This hotel has the worst wi-fi in Shanghai. I tried with several hotel staff to fix it. But it just doesn't work. Staffs are also busy. They also look very uncomfortable. Possibly, this hotel has a very old wi-fi technology and not willing to spend money and upgrade it.

Few weeks ago, I was in the Ballroom for the Brisbane Banyan Tree Property presentation. It was in the B1. Everything was good except the wi-fi. I tried again to get a connection from the lobby lounge and also from the restaurant upstairs. Same problem. It's a beautiful hotel with a bad wi-fi, next to the Bund and very close to W Shanghai and Hyatt on the Bund.

Personally, for me wi-fi is the beginning of everything. If the wi-fi is not good, I can't stay in that property because I can't work. I can't write. It's a bad taste in my mouth. Period.

Room tip: Room with a good wi-fi
Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank deepknight
Reviewed 6 September 2018 via mobile

Excellent experience! The room got beautiful view here. Very friendly staff and professional service. We had a very comfortable stay here and will definitely recommend friends to come over if they are visiting Shanghai.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with 单个酒店
Reviewed 3 September 2018 via mobile

We stayed 1 night at bund oasis room.

Everything was perfect. And they gave us complimentary Mumm champagne. Thanks for that.

However, upon the check-in and check-out, i was disappointed cuz of a front desk staff. She cannot speak English AT ALL. So she called her supervisor upon check-in who can speak English. But upon check-out, we had to deal with her in Chinese even we can’t speak Chinese fluently. We couldnt understand both and took quite long time.

호텔 위치가 좀 애매하지만 룸타입이나 컨디션은 모두 다 마음에 들었습니다!

번드 오아시스 룸에서 묵었는데 complimentary 로 MUMM 샴페인도 주더라구요 ㅎㅎㅎ