See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 30 May 2017 via mobile

The rooms need some serious renovation and remodeling. There is no wifi in the rooms and if you hang around the public areas (to use wifi) you'll be asked to leave by the impatient staff! Some staff are friendly and very helpful but some have no idea what customer service is! The location is good but the rest... I'd recommend going to one of the many amazing hostels in this city instead!

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 April 2017

Definitely opposite from all the reviews I checked before booking this hotel. Location is good, but doesn't make up for the conditions of the place - old, smelly, noisy, not so friendly staff, moldy shower curtains, no water pressure for the shower... And plus they allow prostitutes to distribute their cards in the rooms - seriously?! Oh! Wifi? Paid, 35 CNY per day plus 100 deposit!
Someone told me it was recently renovated - I wonder which part of the hotel... Wouldn't stay there again and wouldn't as well recommend to anyone.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 April 2017

Stayed here one night for a conference. It was long enough. My room was pleasant, spacious with plenty of extras (slippers, robes, kettle, safe, toiletries) with a comfortable bed. The hotel appears to be in a residential area, but colleagues who ventured out report that it was close to places of interest. The reception staff were very abrupt and certainly not welcoming. Although the room was already paid for the girl insisted on charging 500 Yuan to my credit card, when I asked what it was for, she just kept jabbing at the card machine and repeating 500. I don't think any of the reception staff spoke English which made it difficult to communicate. Free Wi-Fi is only available in the lobby, but there was no seating in the lobby so it was difficult to use the Wi-Fi. There is a bar area with seats, so if you buy a drink you can use the Wi-Fi in there. The food in the Pan Asia restaurant was the worst I have ever encountered. The evening meal there had no menu and no choice, just one dish set in front of us without any explanation together with a glass of 'orange juice' which was actually orange squash. Tricky if you have allergies or food intolerances. Breakfast was better in that there were choices in a buffet format, but most of these were unlabelled. There was one pot of coffee and one of tea on the counter for guests to help themselves to. No fancy beverage machines here!

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Fleur50
Reviewed 20 March 2017

I stayed here for three nights while attending a meeting. The hotel is basic - no frills and the décor is rather drab. I paid for internet in my room but the reception was very erratic. It made me frustrated. The internet was free in the lobby but even here, I could not always connect and there is no seating area in the lobby, one has to stand or go to the café. Although breakfast was included in the Pan Asia restaurant I only used this once preferring to eat out. The Pan Asia is a poor restaurant with poor food and an unpleasant smell. I would not go back to this hotel.

Room Tip: My room 1229 was reasonable but I wouldn't return
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Barbara W
Reviewed 18 November 2016

the hotel is well decorated and equipped - good value for money. The rooms are big, wifi is sketchy, and the breakfast is pretty good for a small hotel. One of the few Chinese hotels I've stayed at not aimed at international market that doesn't smell like an ashtray!
what lets it down though is the awful booking system:
- 3 rooms booked. a deposit taken on day 1 that was 1 night plus a random % but wasn't explained. the next day our keys all stopped working as our 'pre-payment funds had run out'. it took almost 30 mins to get the keys working again making us late for a customer meeting
- on getting the keys working we asked to pay the amount in full and get the receipts so we didn't have to waste more time on check out. we were told the room rate had changed (almost doubled) for the next 2 nights because they'd cancelled the booking along with the room keys.
- thankfully one of our group is fluent in mandarin or this would have been even more timeconsuming and frustrating. in the end, we paid what we'd originally agreed but the whole attitude and speed with which it was sorted was awful.
- my colleague has £63 added to his bill for 2 shirts laundered! turns out they'd added another foreigners laundry bill to his. i get that we might all look similar but there was clearly a different name and room number on the invoice. shoddy.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled on business