US$114
  • Room Service
US$146
US$129
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$160/night.

US$125
US$104
US$147
US$104
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$115/night.

US$124
Hotels.com
Savings alert! 20% below average rates

The price you found is 20% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$155/night.

US$107
US$181
US$147
Priceline
  • Breakfast included
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 30 July 2012

I think this is one of the best hotels regarding value for price in downtown Shanghai. The location is perfect - directly on the Bund and a few minutes away from Nanjing Rd. The style inside the hotel is a bit old but nothing wrong with that. The rooms are clean and the service is ok (Concierge was very helpful!!). The bathrooms are quite small but clean (which is the most important) and also more than enough if you spend most of your time outside in the city!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank PiperMaru2012
Reviewed 24 July 2012 via mobile

First of all, there probably aren't any hotels in this price class which can beat the location of the Manhattan business hotel. It's right next to the bund, and within 5 minutes walking of Nanjing road.

The front desk staff was friendly upon check in and the other staff I encountered were all friendly as well.

The hallways are nicely decorated and so was my room. It was a 2 person room, which was on the small side. There was one glazed window which couldn't be opened, but I don't see why you would want to open a window in a Shanghai summer anyway. The airco worked very well.

The bathroom is very small but there are plenty of amenities, as well as 2 complimentary 0.5l water bottles that were supplied each day. I could receive WiFi in my room which was reasonably fast.

The cleanliness of the room was fine for Chinese standards. The dry cleaning service was quite cheap and fast, although they failed to get some stains out of my shirt.

The breakfast is a bit pricey at 48RMB but there is a decent selection of food and drinks.

Overal I've had no complaints during my 3 night stay, and for the money I can definitely recommend it to anyone.

2  Thank CrimsonNL
Reviewed 5 July 2012

It's close to the bund, less than 1 minutes walk. the room is normal, but they didn't clean it very well, I saw some trashes in the bathroom but weren't cleaned for two day. Poor sound proofing, the guests in the neighbor room was talking all night and very noisy.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank CH H
Reviewed 4 July 2012

After going through the reviews at Trip Advisor, I decided to stay at this hotel. Due to delay in flight of Air India (by 7 hours) i reached 6 am in the morning. Check-in was not a problem as they had already allotted the room in my name. I booked a Executive Suit. The room size was very big with small kitchenette in middle and sitting area on one side. But I was surprised to see a very small toilet. Although toilet was fully equipped and clean but looking at the Executive Suit toilet was very very small. Even the picture at web shows much bigger toilets in executive suits. Also the furniture for sitting area looked aged and need to be replaced. But over all, I was satisfied with the cleanliness, comfort and above all location. Its very conveniently located near Bund, just walking distance and Nanjing East, the famous shopping area, is also very near just 10 mnts walking.
Looking at the rates of the hotel, I will say its perfect value for money and will definitely going to stay here during my next visit.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank Atycoon
Reviewed 3 July 2012

I thought I had found a low cost hotel in the heart of the Bund district in Shanghai for my recent trip there. On arrival, there was the usual swiping of credit cards and checking on the online booking. Fortunately I had a chinese speaking friend with me as no one behind the desk could speak a word of English. I was given my key and I then squelched, yes squelched my way to my unwindowed, ground floor room unaccompanied by any of the hotel staff. On arrival at my room there was an overpowering smell of wetness. When I entered my room, I was greeted with a round bed, with matching mirror above the bed! The smell of wetness was even worse inside the room than in the corridor. The bedspread had black marks all over it and the floor of fake boards were filthy and held together with transparent tape. The bathroom, which contained a large shower encased in clear glass, a toilet which had the paper dispenser so far behind that you needed to be a contortionist to reach it, and a sink. The entire bathroom was behind a clear glass screen with a transparent curtain. I had to let the water run for 15 minutes for it to reach tepid.There was no closet or wardrobe to hang clothes in but there was a two pronged hanger in the middle of one of the walls. When i enquired about this I was sent a half a dozen wire hangers.
On further inspection I found the source of the black marks that were on the bedspread and the wall. There was my very own bag of charcoal which was there to absorb the moisture.
The location of this hotel is very close to the Bund and is behind the famous Peace Hotel which appears very nice. If you have business in the Bund, the location is very good. However, if you wish to do anything else, like have fun, the location is pathetic. And don't bother asking the doorman to suggest some nightlife. All I got when asking about local entertainment spots was the willingness to drive to some dodgy oil massage parlour. Probably one of the scam jobs everyone is warned about, where you get taken for thousands for some beer. One of the younger attendants actually warned me about his fellow hotel worker. Surely as a tourist in a strange land, you should be able to rely on the hotel staff to look after its clientele. All in all, this hotel would have to be the worst possible choice of accomodation in Shanghai. I had booked for 6 nights and was gone by 10am the next day to a clean and even cheaper hotel in a much more convenient location. Don't get sucked in by the brochure or the website. It rates itself as 3 star, more like 0 stars. I am seriously considering seeking compensation for pain and suffering but it was just so bad, it makes for a good experience to tell people about.

Room Tip: Just don't waste your money on this dump. It should be condemned. Seriously, a tent in the middle of the river would be better than this place.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo