“Did anyone mention no rooms have windows?”

and 1 more site!
Manhattan Bund Business Hotel
Ranked #1,285 of 5,206 Hotels in Shanghai
Reviewed 11 July 2015

I booked a room (at extra cost) that was described as having a window. When I checked into my room the "window" was glazed over and sealed shut. It didn't even look like a window; it looked like a large yellow glazed glass and all that was discernible through it was if it was day or night. I went down to the front desk and asked if I could have a room with a "real" window and I was politely told that because the building is 100 years old, and re-purposed as a hotel, all the "windows" looked onto the lobby and were therefore replaced with a sheet of glazed glass and there were no rooms with what anyone would consider a window. There was a typhoon coming and I wasn't going to be stuck in that room, so I checked out the next day and checked into another hotel. For about $10 more a night I have a room that is 5x larger, has a king sized bed, and it has a giant window with a gorgeous view of the Bund. The rooms at the Manhattan Bund Business are tiny and the bathrooms are evens smaller. The location is good as is the buffet breakfast which was included in my price. Front desk staff are nice enough,and didn't give me a hard time about leaving, but I would never go back. Even if I don't have a view, I have to, at least, be able to see what the weather is doing. In addition, the wifi is iffy and the plugs are not international.

Room Tip: No rooms have what anyone would consider a window.
  • Stayed: July 2015, travelled solo

Reviewed 23 June 2015

The room for me is quite small but i dont mind. i stayed there nearly 7 days, i spend every morning at the coffee shop. Simple breakfast and great services from the staff
Unforgettable when i was there for my winter holiday.

See you soon Shanghai...

• Stayed: May 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 March 2015

Close proximity to the BUND, Nanjing East Road for shopping & Nanjing East Road Metro station. Room with no windows & round bed was average for my 4 nites stay without breakfast @CNY438 / nite. Rooms come with free wi-fi.

• Stayed: March 2015, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 February 2015

When you enter the hotel, the interior design of the place will bring you back to old Shanghai. The decor has a vintage feel, which is quite consistent throughout the whole hotel, all the way to the rooms. I'm a sucker for historic architecture so I'm quite impressed by the overall look of the hotel.

The main draw for me was the accessibility of this hotel. It's a short walk from both Nanjing Road and The Bund which are two key tourist spots in Shanghai. You can either turn right from the hotel and take a scenic walk along The Bund while enjoying the view, or head left to the bustling Nanjing Road where you can find high-rise buildings with many stores, restaurants and cafes.

Surprisingly, the convenience doesn't break your wallet. I managed to get the hotel at a comfortable price.

Cleanliness is not a big issue. I'm quite picky about my hotels but I don't find any problems with this one.

• Stayed: January 2015, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Zyleon
Reviewed 9 January 2015

I got an off the desk deal for a window room during my business tour to Shanghai. The all inclusive breakfast is worth a stay. Location is the major USP , you could find virtually every utility at convenience. The staff understand English & takes care of all travel needs very efficiently.
I would surely like to come back to the place again.

Room Tip: Try to get a room with a window.
  • Stayed: December 2014, travelled on business