“The best Peking Duck I ever had!”

Imperial Treasure Fine Chinese Cuisine
Ranked #140 of 17,115 Restaurants in Shanghai
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: The Bund
Reviewed 14 August 2016

This is my first visit to this restaurant. We went there for a family dinner. The main seating area is spacious and looked kitch with long lightbulb ornaments hanging from the ceiling as you can see in some photos.
All dishes were superb but the Peking Duck was our favorite. They first gave us some tiny pieces of skin, which are supposed to be the best part of the skin. The think crispy wafer pieces felt so light in your mouth and tasted really great.
The shark's fin with the thick chicken broth was also very good. Very creamy.
This is not a cheap restaurant. A bit pricey side but it's really worth it.

Reviewed 7 August 2016 via mobile

Being a fan of this chain... Having it in Singapore.. The quality here is just as good but service here not as impressive actually. The captain was nice- Singaporean I assume but the local waitress was rude to start with and staff not as attentive even at 8plus almost 9- where the restaurant wasn't crowded.
I love the daily soup and always have it but today as the waitress exclaimed was already finished by lunch. That was disappointing but was gladly surprised by the watercress soup.. And my guest was also impressed by how good simple dish like kailan was so nice and crunchy!

It was overall expected of this chain to provide good food and why I will always return... Service could be better like in Singapore!

Reviewed 29 June 2016

I went to lunch at Imperial Treasure which was just across the street from the Peninsula Hotel. I went with three Chinese teenage students whom I had become friends with in the U.S. during their studies at a boarding school. They did the ordering since I knew them well enough to know that they are very good, sophisticated eaters. The assortment of dishes that they ordered were outstanding; fish, chicken, squab, dumplings, vegetables, and on and on. Everything was perfect. The restaurant is modern in style and has great service. A reservation is a must.

Reviewed 30 May 2016

A dozen of us - work colleagues - came here for dinner on a Monday night. We enjoyed a wide variety of dishes community style that is so popular for Chinese meals. Very classy place within walking distance of the bund. There were so many excellent dishes - one after another - it is difficult to recall each one. I really enjoy this style of eating - almost like sampling so much different, nicely prepared dishes. Great place for large groups - very good food, service, classy atmosphere - that can be followed with a nice stroll on the Bund.

Reviewed 9 April 2016 via mobile

This restaurant - and the whole group )we've eaten at their branch in Singapore) - is one of the top dining establishments in the world. The ambiance is refined. The service is impeccable and the dim sum is of extremely high quality. We had traditional items and some unusual, innovative dishes and all were skilfully prepared and very tasty. One dish was called a baked char sieu bun. It was a fluffy bun on the bottom with a sweet crust crown on top. The filling was extremely moist and a perfect balance of sweet and savoury.

Anyone who is critical of this restaurant cannot be pleased by anything.

1  Thank boundary