All reviews people's square nanjing road small kitchen sofa bed vacuum cleaner family mart convenience store walking distance serviced daily separate bedroom people's park per day family room marriott hotel washing machine decent breakfast the staff speak english excellent location
Reviewed 7 September 2018

Shanghai was the city of both our entrance and exit to our 2-week China trip. And we stayed here both as we enter and leave Shanghai. Hotels in Shanghai are expensive relative to other cities, especially for family of 4 as most hotel rooms in China can only accommodate up to 3 people. Green Court rate is reasonable, and it includes a very good breakfast buffet.

The location is great. It's a few minutes walk to Nanjing Road Pedestrian Street, and People's Square metro station. The room is a suite, includes 2 separate rooms, and a kitchen with washing machine.

The breakfast has a good selection, both Chinese and western. There is also an omelette/noodle station. Though the omelette is really more like a scrambled version.

The 2 ladies at the reception, Victoria and Niki are friendly. I wasn't able to find the departing terminal of our flight from my airline's website. They helped me look up, and offered to get us a taxi.

I definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 August 2018 via mobile

Whenever we book hotels, we look for the optimum balance of location, price and amenities. We don’t have a five star budget so we don’t expect a five star experience, but we do want good location, cleanliness and some necessities (air con, decent bathroom, toiletries, comfortable bed). Green Court was perfect on this front- the location was amazing, right in central Shanghai. The room was big with a kitchenette, very clean, and the bed was big and comfortable. And for all that we paid less than the price of a double room in a hostel in Beijing. Great value for money

Stayed: July 2018
1  Thank HetherPhil
Reviewed 3 August 2018

We arrived at 2h30 am, extremely tired, and the girl with orange hair in the reception received us in very bad ways. As I didn't want to leave a deposit (as I have done in all the hotels visited this summer in China, because I'm not a theif and I always pay my expenses), she insisted in treating me like a thief, telling me that I can take things and not to pay them and that I won't have my room without leaving the deposit (I inform the management that this makes me feel very offended, I'm your host/client, not a theif!).
The room is quite large, but the furnitures are old and poorly maintained, and the corridor (7th floor) smells horribly like tobacco.
The breakfast hall is too small for the hotel (there's often a queue) and it's staff is the most rude and unpolite I've ever seen!! They are allowed to scold customers if you make them work and getting a tea bag is almost a miracle (you have to drink tea from this horrible over heated tea jar made at 6am with 2 bags for 1 liter). If you leave too early, having breakfast before 6h30 is a BIG problem for them (no brakfast box or light breakfast planned for early flights or day trips).
Be careful if you ask the reception for a taxi, the one they called for me was a theif that had hidden the meter with a paper and when I ask him to take out the paper just 10 meters away from the hotel, the meter amount showed was 3 times the starting amount.
The only good thing is the location of the hotel, that allows you to go by walk to the Bund.
There are plenty of good hotels in Shanghai and this one is not a good option : it's old, smells bad and has a horrible staff who treats you like a thief and gives bad service (they think you serve them and not viceversa). Next time I will choose a nicer one and you should do the same if you want a pleasant stay in Shanghai.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
4  Thank mininani
Reviewed 26 July 2018

The Apartments are in a good location on a main road about 20 minutes walk from the Bund water front area where there are great views across to Pudong. Our Apartment was clean and spacious on an upper floor and very quiet. It had a kitchen and a 2 bedrooms one with a sofa bed and tv the other with a double bed and tv. Breakfast was included and you had a choice of Chinese and western food which was good.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 June 2018 via mobile

Location of the apartment is central and near to the main shopping district and close to the subway station which also connects to the airport.
The apartment itself was nice and clean and functional. The hotel had a nice gym with treadmills, a bike, cross trainer and small weights section which had everything needed to do a good workout.
We would definitely recommend.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple