All reviews restaurants and bars cost rmb pudong international airport great location per night people's square nanjing proximity luggage taxi
Reviewed 9 November 2017 via mobile

Excellent location and spacious room in a rundown establishment. Judging from other travelers photos, there are great variations in apartments to get here. We got an old one which could benefit from complete renovation. But then, the price could be double. The management here found the right balance matching the room rate. Service is friendly and welcoming and cleaners do the best they can. The fact that they accept people staying for just one night and even allow us to bring our dog is very nice. But really, the best thing is the location of this mixed use tower with offices, homes and serviced apartments all under one roof. The parking across the street is a landmark from the 70’s and costs ¥120/24h. I will come back, pick a good room and stay for a month. I think that will be perfect!

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 July 2017

Was on a last minute business trip to the city. Hence the ad hoc booking to this service apartment. Best point was the late night check-in service and hotel location. No complaint considering the short stay and pricing.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 June 2017

I had to stay in Shanghai for a month due to work and this was the most affordable service apartment in Jingan and within walking distance to the metro. Location is excellent, surrounded by many restaurants and bars. It is much more quieter with less people compared to People's Square or Xujiahui. And you are near the Former French Concession area and Wulumuqi Road has many quaint old houses and alleyways. Charming and full or history and culture. The downside is the apartment on the outside is old and sad. Corridors are dark and musty and the lifts are ancient. The lobby is unremarkable. This service apartment has four brands - Cosmo, Mosike, Skiline. The most expensive category is the Cosmo line, which I paid for. Check in desks were horrendous, full of clutter and poorly manned. I was given a room filled with cigarette smoke from the previous guest and spent a few days getting rid of it. Was too tired when I arrived to make a fuss but certainly not a welcoming feature. Decor was ok, nothing to shout about but it is clean. But signs of wear and tear is obvious all over the apartment. And it can get quite dark in the apartment because of dark hardwood floors and tinted windows. No cable TV so I was stuck with Chinese channels for the entire month. The one nice thing is laundry is done by the housekeeper and she will also line dry the clothes for you. Very helpful for a business traveler like me. Will I recommend this place again? No. I think for the money I paid - extended last minute at USD170 per night for 18 nights - you could get better options elsewhere e.g. Airbnb.

Room Tip: Ask for high floor, non smoking and clean room
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 April 2017 via mobile

The building look nice from outside and location is about 10mins walk from Jing An Temple metro station line 2 & Pudong Airport Bus No. 2 station.

But once I enter the building lobby, I don't feel comfortable as it was dark but there was a security guard and asked me to take lift to 13th floors. The moment I stepped out of the lift, I almost fainted as it was dark, dirty & smelly.

After check in from a dirty & messy office, I got my key to the room and at the corridor it was loaded with tons of dirty linens. The room size is ok but the room & bathroom was not clean. I did not sleep well. Luckily I only stayed one night as I need to catch a train to other city at 8am the next morning!!

I don't think this service apartment worth more than RMB150. Too bad, I paid more than RMB300. : ( Please consider other hotel if you want a clean & comfortable sleep.

This will be the first time & last time I stayed in this so called service apartment.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 January 2017 via mobile

Because we were a family traveling, we wanted an apartment with a more homey feel: Possibility to wash clothes, hot plates etc. World Union Serviced Apartment fitted this perfectly with washing machine, dryer, hot plates, dining table. It was clean and the location is great, just next to Jing'an temple with line 2, 5 minutes from the hotel which can take you to Nanjing Lu, People's Square and Lujiazui. Right next to the hotel, there is great dining options as well - there is a food court in a building just next to the building that have Starbucks and McDonalds as well.
Friendly staff who helped us to book a large van to take us to Pudong Airport for around 290 RMB.
This is recommended for all types of travels! I would definitely stay there again and it was cheap as well.

Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family