US$109
Free cancellation until 27/07
US$148
US$131
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$156/night.

Free cancellation until 26/07
  • Breakfast included
Free cancellation until 27/07
US$131
  • Pool
All reviewscarbon neutral hotelrecycled materialsreclaimed wooda garden view roomthe penthousegreat designjing'an districtsmall hotelbustling cityold french concessionlounge arearooms are spacioushome away from homeroxettechinasuitcasestub
Reviewed 15 October 2015

the design and carbon offset concept of the hotel is great, as well the location in the french concession district.

compared with other hotels in shanghai in this price level i just excepted more as a good design and sustainable concept. at the arrival they informed me about to upgrade me to the suite. this was great of course. the room was huge and great designed too. but in this price range the devil lies in the detail. no flowers or any decoration in the room (but on the webpage every detail is well-kept). Mini-bar is for free but nothing in more in it than 5 can of drinks. the hotel is non smoking but the duvet smelt terrible from smoke.

the staff was friendly and very helpful at the front desk but i got no instructions of the facilities in the room. it took me at midnight more the 10 minutes to find the steering of the second AC. The Wifi was just terrible slow. I couldn't do my work.

Conclusion: far too expensive for what you get

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled on business
1  Thank 465remos
URBN_GM, General Manager at URBN Boutique Shanghai, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2015

Dear 465remos:

Thank you very much for sharing your feedback with us.

Though I am happy to hear that you liked the design of the hotel and felt our staff was friendly and helpful, I am disappointed that we were not able to show you the level of service and experience that I know we are capable of delivering, even with a free upgrade to our Penthouse Suite and free mini bar amenities. I am very sorry for this.

In regards to your comment about not receiving instructions on the facilities of the room, our Front Office Manager escorted you to the room and offered information on the light switches, air conditioning, and other areas of the room. However, it seems that the way in which this was communicated was not clear enough. We already have plans in place to revisit this training with all our staff this week. I am confident that we will improve in this area immediately. I have also spoken to our Housekeeping Manager about the duvet cover, and we are meeting with our laundry supplier to discuss how to resolve this issue as it is certainly very alarming.

We certainly take this very seriously and will work on improving in every way possible. I thank you for taking the time to give us insight on the ways in which we can get better.

Reviewed 13 October 2015

This is a great, clean and friendly hotel! I highly recommend it! The Happy Hour was great with free snacks, wine and beer. The room was modern, clean and comfortable. Very comfortable bed compared to many.

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
URBN_GM, General Manager at URBN Boutique Shanghai, responded to this reviewResponded 14 October 2015

Dear Alyson:

Thank you very much! I'm so happy that you enjoyed your experience at the URBN. I am pleased you chose our Garden View room with Executive Floor benefits, so that you were able to partake in our Happy Hour spread of snacks and drinks, as well as receive free mini bar items. They're wonderful perks, especially after a long day!

I hope you will consider returning to the URBN again, and that you will not hesitate to let us know if we may be of any assistance in the future.

Reviewed 10 October 2015

It would be better if there were some instructions of the facilities and the idea of hotel's operation.It took me a long time to find the lights' on-off and looking for combs .The boy said nothing when he lead me to my room,not even a smile.

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
URBN_GM, General Manager at URBN Boutique Shanghai, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2015

Dear Ms. Gong:

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience. Regarding your comments about a lack of information about the hotel facilities and operations, we have all the information on our welcome letter, on the television welcome page, in our guest compendium on the desk, and we also verbally tell all our guests upon check-in. This information includes the location of our light switch remote control (which also has instructions and a diagram on how to use the remote control), but of course you may also turn off each light manually on each switch on the walls. We also have combs, and we would have been very happy to deliver extras to your room.

Again, thank you for sharing your feedback to us. I am happy to hear that you felt our hotel offered you a very good experience.

Reviewed 4 October 2015 via mobile

Urbn is an amazing hotel in all senses.
Location is walking distance from Jingan Temple. You don't want to be elsewhere.
The hotel is modern, coizy, elegant, very welcoming, of course super clean, and environmental friendly. All staff speaks super good english, and all of them very, very helpful.
Room is perfect. No need more words.
There is a very relaxing and cool bar/restaurant area at the ground floor, where you can work, chat, eat ...
What else would you ask for ?

Stayed: September 2015, travelled on business
URBN_GM, General Manager at URBN Boutique Shanghai, responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2015

Dear Disbot:

Thank you very much for your wonderful feedback! I am very happy that we were able to meet your expectations in all facets, including in our level of service, our rooms, and our restaurant quality. We certainly aim to offer our guests an all-around amazing experience!

I hope you will consider staying with us again if you should return to the city!

Claire Hara

Reviewed 1 October 2015

URBN is a boutique hotel touting itself as environmentally sustainable based upon its use of recycled materials from Shanghai's former French Concession. We took an Executive Garden View Room and stayed in the hotel for a full week. The room was outstanding. Very spacious, well laid out, excellent closet space, nice view onto the courtyard, and best of all a massive shower. We didn't dine in the hotel, so I can't speak to that although I did host a friend for a drink in their "Beer GRDN", which had a large selection of draught and bottled beers. Service in the hotel was excellent, and the concierge was very helpful directing us to good shopping and eating.

The hotel is located in the Jing'An District, which is a slightly quieter but still centrally located district of Shanghai, just north of it's main artery Yan'an road. While lacking the hustle and bustle of the French Concession and the Bund areas, Jing'An district has the excellent Nanjing West Road shopping areas, and a wide array of excellent dining and drinking options.

We really loved our stay in URBN and would highly recommend it to anyone looking for a great hotel in a great neighborhood of Shanghai.

Room Tip: Room 21 on the 4th Floor was very quiet with a nice view of the courtyard.
  • Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple
URBN_GM, General Manager at URBN Boutique Shanghai, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2015

Dear Jonathan C:

Thank you very much for taking the time to write about your experience with us. I am very pleased to see that you enjoyed our Executive Garden View room. I hope you liked our Executive Floor benefits as well!

The location of the hotel is very convenient, within a 5 minute walking distance from Nanjing West Road as you mentioned. It has a huge variety of shops and restaurants to choose from!

I look forward to welcoming you back to the URBN!