All reviewscarbon neutral hotelrecycled materialsreclaimed wooda garden view roomthe penthousegreat designjing'an districtsmall hotelold french concessionrooms are spaciousmetro stationroxettechinasuitcasestubtilescouch
Reviewed 10 January 2018 via mobile

If you come here, and stay in the “Penthouse,” you will not be able to check in until a half an hour after check in, you will have non-functional WiFi, you will have horrifically smelling plumbing (do not take the stopper off the sink drain!), but worst of all, you will find out the night before that they are going to refurbish the whole hotel, which means they will not serve you happy hour food or drink plus they will use (most probably) carcinogenic cleaning supplies which they will have employees WEARING MASKS applying to the bar counter, however they will not have adequate ventilation, fans, or masks for the guests. I am in shock that they would have guests stay in the hotel while they are taking the entire kitchen and dining area apart. It was the worst hotel experience I have had in years. And I invited a business partner to stay in the hotel on the exact day that they were doing all of this refurbishing, so not only did I suffer through this, but my partner also had a terrible experience, which does not make for successful business transactions. I will be contesting this charge on VISA. I am livid that they would think it okay to upgrade their hotel on my time. They do not value guests. Never stay here!

Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business
CACHETHotels_GM, General Manager at URBN Boutique Shanghai, responded to this reviewResponded 17 January 2018

Dear Dingos8baby:

Thank you for your feedback. As our F&B Manager discussed with you, we do not use any materials that would negatively affect our guests' health or well-being. On that day, we closed our restaurant after breakfast service not to refurbish the whole hotel, but to simply do an inventory of our restaurant and give in-depth training sessions to our staff. This is a common and necessary occurrence in hotels. In order to do this, we needed to move out all of our items in the bar in order to adequately do our count and our training. As the restaurant was closed, and a notice was placed in every room more than 24 hours beforehand, there were no other guests but yourself entering the space. This is why our staff were wearing masks, but we did not supply any to our guests.

I am very sorry that you did not enjoy your experience with us. I wish you a wonderful rest of the year, and thank you for your understanding.

Reviewed 25 December 2017

The room is very Comfortable with semsible design. The location of the hotel is convenient to lots of areas. Also feel Really quiet in the room. Staff is also very helpful l.Would like to stay here again!

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
CACHETHotels_GM, General Manager at URBN Boutique Shanghai, responded to this reviewResponded 4 January 2018

Dear Wenshinw2017:

Thank you so much for taking the time to write about your stay with us. We are very happy to see that you found the room in which you stayed to be comfortable with a pleasing design! The location of the hotel is, indeed, convenient, as it allows quick access to the Jing'an Temple station and Lines 2 and 7. We have the unique ability to offer our guests a convenient location that is also nestled in a quiet residential area, allowing everyone a bit of a respite from the hustle and bustle of the city.

I hope you have a wonderful New Year!

Reviewed 17 December 2017

I stay one night with breakfast and was very good staying. The room are design and mattress bed are wonderful. The hotel is few years old, and wood is coming to have a vintage look, and this is part of the beauty.
Breakfast in ok. The entrance and restaurant area is very cozy and warm.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
CACHETHotels_GM, General Manager at URBN Boutique Shanghai, responded to this reviewResponded 18 December 2017

Dear Matteo B:

Thank your for your valuable feedback. We are very happy to see that you enjoyed your stay with us, and that you liked the room design and our custom Cocomat bed mattresses! We believe that giving our guest a cozy, warm, and welcoming atmosphere is just one way we can ensure our guests can have a relaxing and comfortable stay while in Shanghai, and I am very happy to see that you experienced just that!

Happy Holidays from all of us here at the URBN.

Reviewed 13 December 2017

After hours of research, I selected the Urbn Boutique for my first Shanghai visit.
After I was disappointed with my room (alcove, with little natural light) the manager Felix upgraded me to the more expensive garden view room (highly recommend staying in a room with a view, on the 4th floor which is also the top floor of the hotel). Having that kind of service, in a city like Shanghai made me confident I booked the right place. The rooms were clean, the bed was very comfortable and I really liked the hotel toiletries! Nespresso, slippers and robe, plenty of outlets were provided. I liked how convenient the location was to the downtown area of Shanghai, I liked having the option to stop off at the local cafe for coffee, or go next door for a massage. Convenience and luxury are key for me when I travel and the Urbn provided all of this and more. I loved the details and the exterior of the hotel. During tea time (which is included in the price for a garden view room), I was pleasantly surprised to learn that cocktails and drinks from the bar were included for no fee! The barman made me a delicious ginger mojito...which I'm still dreaming of! Most of all, I will never forget the individual service provided by the hotel manager and the concierge. It made my trip to Shanghai a trip to remember. I will come back to stay there again. Thank you so much for the excellent service, and all the concierge help throughout my trip there.

Room Tip: Important to book a garden view room, and I recommend the top floor (4th floor)
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled with friends
CACHETHotels_GM, General Manager at URBN Boutique Shanghai, responded to this reviewResponded 14 December 2017

Dear Bracha K:

Thank you so much for your fantastic feedback! You have certainly made our entire team's day, particularly our Director of Guest Service, Felix! We at the URBN believe that it is important to surround ourselves with happy people who genuinely love to help others and make each and every stay unique. Felix and his team do their utmost to ensure that our guests can have the perfectly relaxing and luxurious stay, and I am so happy to see that you experienced just that.

I wish you a wonderful holiday season, and we look forward to being able to welcome you back again!

Reviewed 12 December 2017

the room where in average condition , they need to be repainted and a lot of the devices did not work .they are not up to a quality hotel standards . the TV needs to have channels that have English like better quality hotels .

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled solo

Dear S3154QAandrewm:

Thank you for your feedback. I would like to extend my apologies for the unsatisfactory experience you had during your stay. We have inspected the room in which you stayed, and our Maintenance team will be rectifying the issues you found immediately. I am happy to let you know that we are in the middle of arranging for an addition of English-language channels to our television!

Once again, I apologize for your experience and hope that you will choose to stay with us again in the future. I am confident you will find the room to be much improved.