“Down Home Bar-b-q”

Lannie's Bar-b-q Spot
Ranked #6 of 46 Restaurants in Selma
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We heard so much about Lannie's and wanted to try it. It's in a residential area with a number of cars in the area. Currently, no one can go inside the restaurant, the staff comes out to take orders. There is not a full menu until Sunday, and we were there on Friday, so we couldn't get mac and cheese, cabbage or strawberry shortcake.

We did get ribs and catfish which were both excellent. Because no one can go in, the waiter took the credit card inside for payment (I get a little nervous not seeing my card), but that is minor. I plan to return for the next business trip and go on a Sunday.

Date of visit: May 2021
Write a reviewReviews (19)

Reviewed 23 October 2020 via mobile

This is a local gem . Everything I come to Selma, I have to stop by here! Good down home food. Trying the pulled pork sandwich, cheese burger and fries, and a pork chop sandwich!

Date of visit: October 2020
Reviewed 18 February 2020 via mobile

Good down home cooking. Pretty good ribs. Moist cornbread. Perfect fried green tomatoes. Generous portions. The atmosphere was friendly and locals were greeting each other. I liked that.

Date of visit: February 2020
Reviewed 18 January 2020 via mobile

This is a little hole in the wall locally owned BBQ joint in an out if the way neighborhood. If you like vinegar style barbecue served on simple pieces of bread, try the sandwich. Excellent, as are the fried okra on the side.

Date of visit: January 2020
Reviewed 16 May 2019 via mobile

Having planned a stop In Selma this year on my annual solo motorcycle trip I wanted to try some of the local fare. I couldn’t pass up Lannie’s when I saw it here on trip advisor. The details here on TA mentioned lunch only so I called around 6 in the evening the day before my departure just to inquire. “Oh no, we’re here for supper every night”, said Debra, the founder’s daughter. Not only did she confirm they were open during dinner hours but she said “come on by, we’ll wait on you!” I informed her I wouldn’t be able to get there in time for dinner but I would definitely be there for lunch the next day. Debra was out in the yard and she called to me as I parked the bike in their gravel lot. “Are you the fella from Chattanooga?” She asked. Don’t miss this awesome family spot just off the beaten path of Downtown Selma.

Date of visit: May 2019